Round 1 Vs Sydney GAMEDAY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buy a three game membership today for $95 and it will be upgraded to 11 games (normally $220). Offer closes midnight. If you don't have one already, get on board!
I hate offers like this. Why should people who didn't want to commit to the club get rewarded an extra 8 games compared to those who pay up front every year. Maybe make it 5 games, but 11 is just a slap in the face to those who got their membership last year.

I hate offers like this. Why should people who didn't want to commit to the club get rewarded an extra 8 games compared to those who pay up front every year. Maybe make it 5 games, but 11 is just a slap in the face to those who got their membership last year.

We all know what do next year don’t we!!

Doesn't really worry me, but I can see what you mean.

Look at it another way, some people love the club but can’t afford a membership,this gives them a chance.

I know where you're coming from but the club needs the money. If you paid more just think of what you paid as (a) market value and (b) going to a bloody good cause!

Interesting on Smith, personally i would have thought were already struggling to pick a team without him and could let him find his feet in the VFL but probably for the best to settle him in nice and early and hopefully within a couple of weeks he'll look right at home

FB: crozier cordy Williams
HB: Daniel wood Richards
C: Hunter Macrae Smith
HF: Mclean Schache lloyd
FF: Wallis Naughton Dickson
R: Trengove Bonti Libba
IC: Dunkley, suckling, Lipinski, English

Ugly looking squad, but hey.
Surely not both English and Trengove with Naughty and Schache? Would rather concede the hitouts on Dunkley than try and hide Trengove or English somewhere around the ground for the 60-70% of the game theyre not rucking.

Surely not both English and Trengove with Naughty and Schache? Would rather concede the hitouts on Dunkley than try and hide Trengove or English somewhere around the ground for the 60-70% of the game theyre not rucking.

Gives flexibility to move naughton or Trengove back if need be. With such a small backline we’ve got plenty of runners, so I’d definitely play them both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don’t get the Smith inclusion, his JLT was under-whelming.

Couple thoughts: 1) compare his stats, taking into account time on ground compared, to other top end talent that debuted in the JLT and you will see that he stacks up very nicely. 2) what other speedy inside mid options do we have? There is literally no one on our list (bar Jongy) who can extract and run fast from a potential 666.

Because this.

His two horrendous clangers by foot notwithstanding, he was much better as he worked into the tempo of the game and was moved onto a wing where he had some space to use the assets that he was renowned for as a junior.

I saw some glimpses to get me excited still. Not expecting much for his first ever AFL seniors game this weekend, but I'm pretty sure we're going to be pretty excited about what we've got once he's played a dozen or so games.

...HB: Daniel wood Richards
C: Hunter Macrae Smith
HF: Mclean Schache lloyd
FF: Wallis Naughton Dickson
R: Trengove Bonti Libba
IC: Dunkley, suckling, Lipinski, English

Ugly looking squad, but hey.
Easton, Tinder and Dunks take great exception to that epithet!

Dickson must play! Discuss...
Given your imperative I'm not sure there's much to discuss, but anyway here goes...

I'm prepared to take him at face value when he says he's had his best pre-season in years. Some see him as a broken-down crock but as long as his body holds out we must play him. If he misses games through the season so be it, but he instantly improves our forward line whenever picked. Having a proven goalscorer in the forward line will take some of the defensive attention away from our next best forward (whoever that is) and give them added opportunity to score.

He has been our most consistent goalscorer for years and still averages over 1.5 goals a game. He gives us something we are desperate for - accuracy from a set shot. He provides defensive pressure as well.

Finally, he has played 96 games and he has a son of about 10 years or so who plays footy and if he's any good will be a handy F/S option, so let's give him at least the first four games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back