Round 1 Vs Sydney GAMEDAY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game will be a blowout early. Bont, Libba, Richards, Crozier, Macrae will pump the ball into the forward line with monotonous ease. Lloyd, Gowers, Scahche, Dickson, Naughton will think all of their Christmases have come at once. The game will be shot by half time. Will be 8-10 goals in front. Old stages like Parker, Grundy, McVeigh will ask for a better effort and Shitney will match them in the second half, but they will still lose by 38 points. if not for shithouse kicking for goal, the margin could well be double that.

Swans gone very tall, if our midfield pressure is on then our small backline should have a field day. If not it could get ugly, can always throw Naughty back though. Wish JJ was in though!
I think this sums up our pre-game expectations. If the ball is sent quickly into the Swans forward line too often our short defenders will be caught one out and that could get seriously bad. If we can gain ascendency in the midfield and can improve our transition (disposal) then our forwards have a better chance of scoring than in the JLT.

I said that I wouldn't have Duryea and Lloyd in my round 1 side, so pre-emptively Im here to take my lumps.

Come at me me if you can you dogs...

Puppydogpile-on-cat.gif

Backline looks undersized. They have Buddy, Blakey, Reid, Sinclair, and then there's Hayward who's a medium-tall, but very strong overhead. Meanwhile the only 190cm+ player named in our backline is the 193cm Cordy. I know we can move Naughton there, and suspect we probably will in the likely scenario we start leaking goals, but I think we needed another tall defender in the team, maybe ahead of Smith who doesn't look ready yet.

Before anyone says Wood can play tall, he got mutilated by Buddy in the same fixture last year.

Backline looks undersized. They have Buddy, Blakey, Reid, Sinclair, and then there's Hayward who's a medium-tall, but very strong overhead. Meanwhile the only 190cm+ player named in our backline is the 193cm Cordy. I know we can move Naughton there, and suspect we probably will in the likely scenario we start leaking goals, but I think we needed another tall defender in the team, maybe ahead of Smith who doesn't look ready yet.

Before anyone says Wood can play tall, he got mutilated by Buddy in the same fixture last year.
As long as our intensity is up and the men of mayhem return, the goals will defend themselves.

What? Picking an experienced, premiership winning 100+ game player is a slap in the face to a guy who played one game last year and likely to get delisted?

There’s plenty of 100+ game players I wouldn’t want in our side... and he’s a premiership player in a team that would have won it without him, guaranteed.

Rather than develop future KPD talent, lets play an undersized, underskilled old mate of LB.

OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s plenty of 100+ game players I wouldn’t want in our side... and he’s a premiership player in a team that would have won it without him, guaranteed.

Rather than develop future KPD talent, lets play an undersized, underskilled old mate of LB.

OK
Uh, not necessarily? Duryea's had some ripper finals series.

Lewis Young couldn't get a game last year when all our defenders were getting injured.

Lewis Young couldn't get a game last year when all our defenders were getting injured.

So 197cm, 20 year old (just) in delist territory cause he's only played 9 senior games so far..ffs..

Might note he's also named first emergency on the list.

"Likely to get delisted" talk about going the early crow!

So 197cm, 20 year old (just) in delist territory cause he's only played 9 senior games so far..ffs..

"Likely to get delisted" talk about going the early crow!
This might come as a shock to you, but believe it or not, there are cases where young players... get delisted after 2 years! Just 2 years! How is that even possible?

There was once this player called Lucas Cook, super promising 196cm tall Melbourne took at pick 12 in the 2010 draft... and he got delisted in 2012! Unbelievable!

This might come as a shock to you, but believe it or not, there are cases where young players... get delisted after 2 years! Just 2 years! How is that even possible?

There was once this player called Lucas Cook, super promising 196cm tall Melbourne took at pick 12 in the 2010 draft... and he got delisted in 2012! Unbelievable!

Well he's named as first emergency so you might yet get your dream to see him play this Saturday night.

We should dominate possession with that team.

With that tiny defence we will need to.

Sam Reid might only play a game or two a yr, but he is quality. And Bud is Bud.

Pretty excited by that line up to be honest, small defence worries me like others. Would've loved Dale Morris in this side. If we lose the clearances we are ****ed.

We have a tendency of playing players like Reid back into form and make them look better than they are and haven't missed any footy.

I’d love to know what % of Sam Reid’s games are vs us. Always suits up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back