Opinion MODERATE ideas for a 'fairer' AFL without the hyperbole of VIC & non-VIC trolls. TROLLS FROM BOTH SIDES PLEASE KEEP OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course but the likes of Cotchin and Riewoldt will cry "can't leave home for more than 2 days, but I still want my full pay"

Isn’t that exactly what Adam Simpson has been doing in the media for the past week—- whinging that his club is away from their friends & family??

You realise it's about current community infections, not what happened back in April...
victoria is equal with SA and NT with the lowest % infection rate per test as of yesterday.

as of yesterday, WA is third in line for least days without a positive, behind nsw and vic. qld has been longer witohut a positive than wa.

as of yesterday, the state where you are most likely to die if infected is wa.

these are all current figures.

qld is a safer place for the wa players to be than wa.

It was a gentle dig rather than a personal attack afaic. I presume Brunswick Trap King is young and hasn't had exposure to less moderated internet forums if my response caused offense.

If you or others disagree, report my post and I'll accept the umpires decision whatever it may be.
Bigfooty is my safe space.

If every single afl listed player caught coronavirus, less than 2 would die.
Very probable than none would die or even get sick enough to be hospitalised, if you're young and healthy you're highly unlikely to suffer any serious affect from it.

Thousands of young people would be carrying on with their lives all around the world and have Covid and not even know, you're hardly going to go and get tested for it if you're feeling fine. The average age of people dying from Corona is older than the average age that people generally die.

victoria is equal with SA and NT with the lowest % infection rate per test as of yesterday.

as of yesterday, WA is third in line for least days without a positive, behind nsw and vic. qld has been longer witohut a positive than wa.

What numbers really count for tomorrow, the day after.

Theres jobkeeper...
Which you can only take if you can't do your job because of Coronavirus (so it wouldn't be relevant for a player's partner, if that's what you're inferring - I admit I'm not totally clear with what you're suggesting). And FWIW, I don't have an issue with AFL players taking jobkeeper if they can't play.

The average age of people dying from Corona is older than the average age that people generally die.
Maybe true but researchers are finding that asymptomatic people, who tend to be under 40, can still suffer lung damage. For an elite athlete even minor lung damage, with its side effects could be very serious cutting lung capacity.
I'd like to see from round 5, all out of Melbourne for four games at least. Hopefully things will settle by this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just cancel the season already. Player tested positive and blowing his nose everywhere. Yet they continue to put players at risk because of money.

If any of the players had any brains they would tell their clubs they sitting out the season for their familys and their own safety. One player with covid is enough to not processed with this rabble of this season.

It's not good to watch anyway. The players know it's a joke of a season and Every game I've seen so far has been a complete borefest. AFL is putting players at risk for their own pockets. The league is becoming pretty pathetic each week that goes on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What a sook. Me me me. 'I dont like it so they should call it off'

What about clubs that are already on their knees and might not survive a cancelled season. What about the hundreds of non playing staff across clubs and afl, stuff them too?

The players are tested twice weekly and the best practices possible in place. Hell of a lot better than the protection most of us get and we are doing our best to continue on with life.

Naive and selfish post.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I do agree with the OP but I thought the reasons why the AFL decided to have the WA and SA teams relocating to a hub was logical. However, now that a player has returned with a positive test I think the AFL need to be proactive here. Why jeopardise the season?

This is reasonable. A positive player test in Melbourne and persistent low level community infection may push towards out of Vic hubs....but it doesn't mean the original course of action wasn't the appropriate course

It is pretty funny, watching all the players bunched around each other walk off the ground like everything is normal, then walk over to a mic and stand at a safe 'socially distanced' space to speak to a reporter.....lol! So staged and not even staged well.
That is for the kids and easily influenced idiots.

You cant stop tackling. But stopping the high fives and hugs etc is to try and influence kids to zct the right way.

When i was a kid, anything Dunstall said i would of done, my teachers not so much.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's not good to watch anyway. The players know it's a joke of a season and Every game I've seen so far has been a complete borefest. AFL is putting players at risk for their own pockets. The league is becoming pretty pathetic each week that goes on.

You mean every game West Coast has been involved in.

Last two Carlton games have been super exciting.

Just cancel the season already. Player tested positive and blowing his nose everywhere. Yet they continue to put players at risk because of money.

If any of the players had any brains they would tell their clubs they sitting out the season for their familys and their own safety. One player with covid is enough to not processed with this rabble of this season.

Typical fair weather West Coast supporter would rather the season be axed and nobody watch football than see their team lose every week.
Maybe watch something other than West Coast and it won’t appear so pathetic.

SA has has no COVID infections or cases for weeks... So your current rates are a load of crap!

The denial of facts on here is delusional!

Isn’t that exactly what Adam Simpson has been doing in the media for the past week—- whinging that his club is away from their friends & family??
Yes but if every team has to do it nobody will be complaining. Either you do it and get paid or don't do it and don't get paid. Choice is yours

Yet all decisions made have to pass a victorian self interest test - this very disaster thats happening shows exactly that.

There needs to be a panel made up of one person from every state.
It is a reincarnation of the VFL, don't forget.

Maybe true but researchers are finding that asymptomatic people, who tend to be under 40, can still suffer lung damage. For an elite athlete even minor lung damage, with its side effects could be very serious cutting lung capacity.
I'd like to see from round 5, all out of Melbourne for four games at least. Hopefully things will settle by this time.
Haven't seen those stats, "can suffer" is it a high percentage? I'm hoping given who is likely to be adversely affected that if there is a 2nd wave we just lockdown the elderly and those with immune and morbidity issues and let the young and healthy get on with their lives, not worth shutting down the economy.

Note- I am over 60 and have some health issues.

Yes but if every team has to do it nobody will be complaining. Either you do it and get paid or don't do it and don't get paid. Choice is yours

I don’t hear Fremantle, Port Adelaide & Adelaide complaining about it as anywhere near as much as Adam Simpson is—- but of course it’s the “whinging Victorians on Zoom” the only ones who didn’t want to go into hubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back