List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think so. Hawkins still has at least a couple of years left. Unfair to keep him if he wanted out. How does he get a regular game otherwise?
A trade ? it would have to be a very good offer IMO.
Sav is the young Ruck we need to have in the pipeline. He has completed 3? preseasons with the forward group. This summer he goes into the mids group and works on ruck craft and tank. We draft a pure ruck kid to join him.

Wow wow wow

I loved when Dangerfield confirmed he wanted to come home and play for Geelong

But Cameron is a bigger FA acquisition - this isn't a player who wants to return home & the region, or play with his brother etc, such as we've Dangerfield, Scooter, Henderson etc

Now too see how this plays out
It's not a player who wants to return home to the region? Interesting. Do you know something that hasn't been made public?

He's a Western Districts boy after all. It's hard to imagine that being closer to family in Victoria hasn't played some part.

There are a number of players coming to the end. Danger on great money. Hawkins on good money... who else?

Anyone else worried after Cameron's year? It was pretty awful.

Honestly i would happily take him or Ben Brown for that matter. We don't have the greatest record in getting the most out of potential key forwards - Clarke the obvious one - but they have more credits in the bank than one bad season can wipe out. Considering our record in other areas of the field with either players that didn't thrive at their first club, or couldn't get a game with them (Menegola) or got ignored by them all (Kelly, Stewart), I don't see why either of two forwards who have had a fistful of very good seasons, would not be able to reproduce that form for us.

Jenkins was two years unfortunately.
re: Sav, I don't think it substantially changes things given it signals we're going to play two talls up forward next season. He's not really any further down the pecking order then since we've committed to only playing one this season. And we only need to think back a few seasons to remember a time when Scott loved playing a side that everyone thought was too tall.

And imagine a scenario where we play Blitz back, Stanley, Sav, JC, Hawk - how different is that to Soldo, Nankervis, Riewoldt, Lynch? Or NicNat, Allen, JJK, Darling, even Grundy, Cameron, Cox, Mihocek. So there's room for Sav if he's good enough.
Thing is as well, is that if Taylor retires this year Blicavs goes to CHB.

That means you run a forward line of Hawkins, Cameron, Dangerfield, Rohan, Miers and Dahlhaus/Close/Atkins.

You have a backline of Bews, Stewart, Kolo, Blicavs, O'Connor and Henderson (if re-rookied/contracted).

You don't risk Cameron or Hawkins as a second ruck. And depending on match ups you might need to keep Blicavs in defense. This means you can rotate Sav and Stanley in the ruck, and depending on match ups rotate Stanley or Esava forward because you might push Dangerfield into MF or Cameron sometimes likes to push up the field.

Also, Esava is 22, Hawkins is 32. Esava still needs a lot of work on his goal kicking and fitness. If we can keep him til he is 25, theres always the chance Hawkins retires at 34 or 35 and Esava takes his role.
Also doesn't include the fact that as he gets older, Hawkins might cop injuries or need a rest when we get back to a 22 game season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a number of players coming to the end. Danger on great money. Hawkins on good money... who else?

Anyone else worried after Cameron's year? It was pretty awful.

He didn't have a great year, but much like Grundy, I'm not sure if they're players who totally live & breath footy all day, every day

For some, the hub life wouldn't be an ideal situation as there wasn't really the opportunity to get away from football

Hopefully a fresh start next year, we see a return to normality or closer to normality and that will help see him return to the player we've come to know over recent seasons

He didn't have a great year, but much like Grundy, I'm not sure if they're players who totally live & breath footy all day, every day

For some, the hub life wouldn't be an ideal situation as there wasn't really the opportunity to get away from football

Hopefully a fresh start next year, we see a return to normality or closer to normality and that will help see him return to the player we've come to know over recent seasons
He will also have the advantage of being number 2 and not 1 for the first time

Good chance with Stanley's history he only plays 10-15 games next year so Sav could still get games
Yes, but if we're talking finals team structure, you'd think he'd be 1 to 2 years away from becoming our main ruckman. Hopefully we can convince him to commit to the role longterm.

He is an RFA. GWS will still match and try screw us in a trade... We will still have to cough up
They can only match if they have the room to match - if our offer to Cameron doesn't fit within their salary cap space, they can't match

I'm just absolutely losing my mind at this news. We're in SUCH an incredible position here. Every part of this moment is playing into our hands.

One win away from a premiership.
GWS look unlikely to be in a position to match, meaning...
One of the best forwards in the game arrives for free.
Which means...
We go to the draft with three first round picks.
Not to mention...
Blokes like Crouch and Higgins still look a better-than-good chance to arrive.

Am I dreaming?

Back