Preview Round 19: Essendon vs Greater Western Sydney, Carrara, Sunday 25/07/2021 @ 6:10 PM

Whomst dost thouest thinketh will have a higher score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. His previous tweet said “after all we have been through… why? @essendonfc”

weird…
Yeh from the Red Sash? I seen that. He's pretty reliable usually with his tweets, but think he's over dramatising this one a bit. Not sure what it was about? Maybe this potential scenario where we drop to 12th if it came into play??

Last edited:

Yeh from the Red Sash? I seen that. He's pretty reliable usually with his tweets, but think he's over dramatising this one a bit. Not sure what it was about? Maybe this potential scenario where we drop yo 12th if it came into play??
He really isn't. His ego is unchecked, posts some vague s**t and whenever something that could plausibly fit some tweet demands that he gets credit. Absolute dickwad and deserves nothing but contempt

He really isn't. His ego is unchecked, posts some vague sh*t and whenever something that could plausibly fit some tweet demands that he gets credit. Absolute dickwad and deserves nothing but contempt
Yeh dunno, you're probably right. I wonder who he is? If he's someone of note or not? He does have some pretty high profile followers inc several AFL clubs, players (both current & ex) and several media personalities & journos. His demenour through his posts does come across as a bit floggish though.

Yeh dunno, you're probably right. I wonder who he is? If he's someone of note or not? He does have some pretty high profile followers inc several AFL clubs, players (both current & ex) and several media personalities & journos. His demenour through his posts does come across as a bit floggish though.

He’s just a member of the Essendonians, tweets 2nd hand stuff and if he gets it right carries on like he’s Mr Essendon and if he gets it wrong usually deletes it.
He’s an absolute flog.

Looking at the last 4 times weve played

Round 8 2021- 2 point loss, Hooker arguabley should've got a free kick and shot for goal in the dying stages to put us in front.

Round 10 2020- 4 point loss. The giants last goal was from Ward staging for a free kick.

Round 15 2019- 6 point win. Comeback win, Chook kicked 2 in the 4th.

Round 1 2019- 72 point loss. Shattering start to a season.

It still feels like we owe them

Big statement game for this group - this will be (or should be) a red hot, quasi final with both teams playing for a place in the 8. We can maybe drop 1 game in the run home and with Sydney and the Bullies to follow this is essentially must win for us. Last two weeks have been relatively bruise free, this week will be different.

So while I think we can win and I want us to win, what I really want to see is us bringing serious heat to a big game. I feel like we struggled to do that under Worsfold. Reckon this group is different - the flightier elements are largely gone and Rutten seems to have molded a really committed unit. Newer additions like Draper, Jones, Hind and the draftees seem to have a real appetite for the contest and hunger to succeed. The group has a different vibe about it.

Think we match up well. Stewart to Himmelberg, Ridley to Finlayson and Laverde to Greene would be my choices and feel like they can do the job.
Sounds like Jones wont play, I would bring in one of Phillips or Bryan to play that role and stretch the GWS defense.

Huge challenge for Cutler (is Franger ready?) and Ham if they play - they are the two possible weak links at the back end of the 22. If they can hold up an end for us then it goes a long way to winning the game. Some may include Smith in that group but I seem him as a slightly different case - he'll hold up in terms of the physical contest (to the extent his shot legs allow it), we just need him to cut out the stupidity.

Great to be playing meaningful games at the pointy end of the season, can't wait for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very strong GWS midfield….you almost have to play Shiel if he’s fit to get some quality rotations through.

Haven’t followed it through the week. Looked nastyish- I’d written him off. Be very happy if he pulls out.
Like Dangerfield always looks like he has been maimed but somehow plays the next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back