News Clarkson news, media etc - he’s off into the Sunset!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put up or shut up.
Otherwise, you're simply like the media which is being so openly despised on this forum
You too Tops.
And if you aren't first hand, you should hang your heads in shame.
Fancy backing second (or worse) hand knowledge OVER the words of the men involved themselves, especially Clarko and Sam.
This type of bullshit is why we end up losing people giving us some inside information.

You really must be naive to think that this was all roses. I think Garry Lyon nailed it on the head when he said that Clarkson might not be happy with the Board decision to hand over (possibly early) but once it was made is committed to make it work.

But at some point the motive to share information that goes directly against Clarkos own words needs an eyebrow raised. Relatively speaking everyone here is just a punter and fan talking footy, so who cares if facts are not shared if they are in the best interest of protecting the club and the people in it.

Even if the information may be true it goes directly against Clarkos own words and by the very point your making is not in the best interest of the club. It further clouds and creates more speculation instead of backing up Clarko and Sam as they have first/second hand information of what is occurring.

I see it more of an issue now (not earlier on) that the information continues to go against Clarkos own word, and it feels rather contradictory to share the information (even if true) on the basis that it is the exact thing Clarkson himself is wanting to do, in puting the club first.

I reckon we did an OK job of picking the gems and discarding coal. Sometimes rumours ad depth to known events and sometimes they are inconsistent with history. I thought we could pick the gems from the itk posts.

I would rather see them than not.

Nothing wrong with reporting it, but context matters. In a vacuum it sounds like he was breaking up over losing the head coach role, which he wasn't. This presentation, amazingly, catches the emotionalism correctly:

View attachment 1185089

That’s a good and fair assessment, and I agree that is a better headline, but I don’t think that was the issue/vibe being raised in the post I was refuting.

Its what happens here unfortunately.

People complain if ITK arent giving or sharing any info , then cop a barrage if they do and people dont like it or its not 100% .

Last few trade periods have been particular embarrasing and I'm suprised some still provide any intel at all .
Though its much appreciated by most.

What makes you think, enough to write what you've written, that the intel is correct and not just bullshit?
Because someone says it's inside?
Rubbish.

Go back and read what was originally said by Linda Cresc.
It's embarrassing and obviously stained by personal opinion and not fact.
Oh, and if you're wondering where the stinking leaks come from.....this information isn't about which rube were interviewing as the new boot studder, or who were courting as a free agent.
LC is directly stating as fact to authenticate what the media, especially Caro, has been writing and saying.
By being an insider.
Leak much?
Yeh, you bunch of campaigners on here might think that's great. That's how s**t Clubs operate, and It's freaking embarrassing to have a Hawthorn person supposedly doing just that.

Last edited:
This type of bullshit is why we end up losing people giving us some inside information.

You really must be naive to think that this was all roses. I think Garry Lyon nailed it on the head when he said that Clarkson might not be happy with the Board decision to hand over (possibly early) but once it was made is committed to make it work.

NOT saying it was ALL roses.
Go back and read Linda Cresc original posts.
Then get back to me whether they gibe with what has been said by the men involved.
You choose to believe this anonymous insider, I'll go with listening to the people directly involved.

What makes you think, enough to write what you've written, that the intel is correct and not just bullshit?
Rubbish.

You have zero insight if it’s bullshit or not. Sure, question it if it doesn’t stack up. But just just ignore the poster if it’s gonna trigger you the way it has.

Rubbish.

There is certainly emotion in what was posted, and the same with with some of Tops posts. It isn't hard though to strip away the emotion to get an understanding of the underlying message.

You can say the same about what Caro writes. She obviously put her own spin on the intel she had, but the intel was there when you strip it back.

There was a meeting held to sort out how they were going to take on next year and it included an external consultant who had been involved in two other hand-over deals. Clarkson even admitted that they had got it wrong and had to revisit how it was going to work.

Now I am sure that they talk about this stuff all the time. But it is quite obvious that this meeting was outside of the normal discussions to a point that they got an outsider to help them out. To me this reeks of good business practice to bring in an expert to assist. But if I was journo looking for clicks.....

I reckon we did an OK job of picking the gems and discarding coal. Sometimes rumours ad depth to known events and sometimes they are inconsistent with history. I thought we could pick the gems from the itk posts.

I would rather see them than not.

I also like hearing from people with inside knowledge. They may get it wrong from time to time, due to plans changing, hearing mis construed information ect. What they are passing on is subjective, which as you pointed out, we can pick up the gems while discarding the coal. Sometimes us supporters get too emotionally invested to see the gems.

You have zero insight if it’s bullshit or not. Sure, question it if it doesn’t stack up. But just just ignore the poster if it’s gonna trigger you the way it has.

Do you think Clarkson, Kennett and Mitchell are all liars?

Do you think its a good look if a guy starts lying before he has even taken on his new role?

Do you think the members will be okay with all the lying once (presumably) it is all exposed and Clarko does end up leaving in 2 months?

Or is it possible there have been problems, they are being worked through, the leaks are exaggerating what is going on but the plan is actually moving forward?

This needs to stop now.

All this bickering about who knows what and who posted this or that. It’s crap.

LindaCRS was proven to correct with their initial statement regarding the initial non-renewal.

We’ve long had people bring info to this board, and we’ve also had many of them slammed for it by people who will not accept it for what it is - yet to be confirmed info.
You can take it or leave it.

What you don’t get to do is carry on in a way that said posters decide to not post at all anymore.

I will start another Clarkson thread, but if people bring this rubbish into that thread they’ll be getting a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back