List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

I like both of them and have done for years - couldn't wait to leave the ground after a win and hear finey give us a bump with one hand whilst life-banning some poor slob from chelsea with the other - connolly is a genuine footy journo, as opposed to an ex-player turned paid yakker - his print stuff is as good as sheahans, maybe not quite alf browns........

Last edited:

T Browne at it again.
Reported today that Carlton looking at possibly trading SPS, Dow and Silvagni...
"Dow and Salvagni mainly due to us not offering them what their worth" is what he said.
Sps maybe but cant see it with Dow and Silvagni.

yep - listened to a chunk of footyology yesterday and aside from rohan going on too long and finey's pathetic sourgraped take on caro's scoop, wasn't too bad
I usually have a listen. I find. Finey to be a git but they have some decent takes on the games in general. They are unashamed Carlton bashers but, then again, I’m a Finey brasher so…
Listen to most footy podcasts because the real world is crap!

When Gov is fit to return, can we play him, Charlie, Harry and JSOS in the same forward line? Do we send Mitch into the backline as an intercepting 3rd tall? I guess that could also free up Stocker into the midfield.
Maybe jack showed he can play a more midfield roll with how easily he accumulated them.

I know it's a little harsh. But I'd be delisting Durdin. Hasn't shown much yet, and small forwards with mature bodies usually flash on to the scene quickly, if they're going to flash.

Somewhat harsh, but I was reflecting yesterday that for a guy with his stature (well built) and position (small forward), he hasn't shown much (in terms of productivity) in his first year, which is disappointing.

He has next year, certainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T Browne at it again.
Reported today that Carlton looking at possibly trading SPS, Dow and Silvagni...
"Dow and Salvagni mainly due to us not offering them what their worth" is what he said.

I would have Barker as assistant coach for another year if it meant we hold on to Dow and JSOS. What a monumental blunder it would be to offload those two.

Do most people see TDK as a 1 ruckman? In my opinion I would rather have him doing Levi’s role. Key forward who would be an absolute weapon playing against other teams 2nd ruck.

Number 1 ruck, hands need to improve to be a forward, not there at this stage. Has terrific ruck qualities.

If we bring in Cerra, it will be who they want and who we don't need if he comes. So the question is who that is? Probably SPS with Cerra seen as an upgrade on him. That's what I think.

We need to replace Ed and Newnes with better kicks who won't bring other weaknesses to the side, trades need to be all about that. That and upgrading on who we have.

I know it's a little harsh. But I'd be delisting Durdin. Hasn't shown much yet, and small forwards with mature bodies usually flash on to the scene quickly, if they're going to flash.

More than a little harsh.

19 year old kid in his first season of footy.
Away from home during an incredibly difficult time.
7 VFL games in a very interrupted season.

Why on earth would we delist him? Because he hasn't lived up to the expectations of those who thought maybe he'd step straight into senior football because of his body type?

Thought Dow is contacted for next year

Facts don't matter when Tom Browne is concerned.

With the reported squeeze at Geelong and Guthrie not having re-signed, SPS a chance to go back to WA... does that lend credence to this possbility?
29 in august, can't recall him suffering many injuries in his time, 182 games since 2011, should have another solid 4-5yrs in him. Not against seeking him out.

View attachment 1194032
Want. Gimme.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back