List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch at it again

News break

ST KILDA has alerted teams that it is keen to stockpile more picks at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

It's understood the Saints are determined to add to their draft hand during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period over the next month and are open to getting creative to secure additional selections.

The club currently holds picks No.9, 46 and 64, but would ideally like another choice in the early stages of the draft to invest in young talent after consecutive years without a top-25 selection.

I would go after pick 9 for RFC

we may as well trade out Martin
You are saying Dusty gets called in and the conversation goes like..

Listen, you've been one of the greatest Richmond players of all time, won every individual award there is in the game, and with finals performances that no other player in the history of the game achieved, resulting in 3 premierships for the team....

...but we'd like to put you up for trade!

Trac , Oliver and Jackson are their weapons with Jackson the one who can change momentum . It was very evident in the grand final that when momentum is going against them they can be scored heavily against .
Gawn and Jackson aren’t dominating Soldo , Nank with Balta pinch hitting .
Was the catalyst for the momentum. Swing , much like Balta late 2q in 20 gf

I reckon St. Kilda's first round this year #9 is gettable if we offer them our next years first for their attempt at Ben King
Saints are going the other way and want to trade into the draft, Should be targeting their future first with a 2nd and third round picks.

Listen, you've been one of the greatest Richmond players of all time, won every individual award there is in the game, and with finals performances that no other player in the history of the game achieved, resulting in 3 premierships for the team....

Would be the cherry on top of a great career!🤗 Helping the Club out with draft picks just like Lids did...

Would be the cherry on top of a great career!🤗 Helping the Club out with draft picks just like Lids did...
Would also help us out of 20k in members.

Why would we do that?

If Dusty was going to retire at 35, I can see an argument but if he plays to 40 giving his quality don't you think thats a little stupid?

If Dusty plays to 40 clearly he still is our best asset

Last edited:
Just finally enjoying life after being out of work so long. Obviously lockdown sucks but just loving working which inturn allows me to support my family, so enjoying that.
good on ya mike glad all is ok nothing better than working

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin goes all right in the middle of the ground, the leading centre square winning player of the last few years. Bolton wins his fair share of centre breaks. Prestia is very good but injured and we missed him more than anyone. I get that Petracca and Oliver are in their peaks and are brilliant players, but Gawn did exactly what he liked and spoon fed them, that wouldn't happen against us. Also the Dogs midfield had no mongrol. McRae and Treloar have never laid a bump or tackle in their careers. Old man Cotchin would have ironed out somebody. Hardwick is a prick as well and would have told Stack, Pickett or Mansell to take one for the side. And they can all do it.

Yes agree . It wasn’t a fierce contest . Skilled yep, fast ? yes , but dare I say it … a tad bruise free ? You won’t get that against us .
No denegrating the win .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Congrats my brother! But trade talk isn’t the same without you!

Oh I'll be back. Just mentally spent. Did not realise how little I had in the tank till after 3 months working and the nervous gut type stress finally left my shoulders. So enjoying family, and the little things and focusing on that

Yes agree . It wasn’t a fierce contest . Skilled yep, fast ? yes , but dare I say it … a tad bruise free ? You won’t get that against us .
No denegrating the win .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
35 yo Stefan Martin was getting around the ground like he was 45, if they go with him again next year they’re NFI

Mitch at it again

News break

ST KILDA has alerted teams that it is keen to stockpile more picks at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

It's understood the Saints are determined to add to their draft hand during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period over the next month and are open to getting creative to secure additional selections.

The club currently holds picks No.9, 46 and 64, but would ideally like another choice in the early stages of the draft to invest in young talent after consecutive years without a top-25 selection.

Maybe 9 and 46 for 15 and 28.

That matches for points 11, 48 compared to 17 and 30

I would do that and use 46 to get Bullodogs first rounder

I would go after pick 9 for RFC
Better still, I would go after Ben King for RFC ;)

Let's face it, if the bloke is prepared to entertain a move to Essendon or St Kilda, we're at least as well positioned to receive him for the start of the 2023 season. We will be clearing some serious salary cap after 2022 with Sheds, Cotch and Jack most likely gone, and we'll know a hell of a lot more about the likes of Ross, RCD, Martyn, Dow, Cumberland, Miller etc to gauge whether they're worth taking up list places.

In fact, if the bloke we're after for our 2nd pick at #17 this year goes earlier, I'd immediately look for a suitor for #17 to exchange for their 1st round 2022 to help facilitate a Ben King trade in 12 months time.

I'm saying go all for a flag. Read the rest of my post rather than stopping at lets trade Dusty.

The reality of it is players like Dusty want win flags not be in the beginning of a rebuild.

Better still, I would go after Ben King for RFC ;)

Let's face it, if the bloke is prepared to entertain a move to Essendon or St Kilda, we're at least as well positioned to receive him for the start of the 2023 season. We will be clearing some serious salary cap after 2022 with Sheds, Cotch and Jack most likely gone, and we'll know a hell of a lot more about the likes of Ross, RCD, Martyn, Dow, Cumberland, Miller etc to gauge whether they're worth taking up list places.

In fact, if the bloke we're after for our 2nd pick at #17 this year goes earlier, I'd immediately look for a suitor for #17 to exchange for their 1st round 2022 to help facilitate a Ben King trade in 12 months time.

Nah I am not that keen on Ben King, let other like Saints fight for him.

I would rather put faith in JR and Lynch than chase Ben King.

Ben King will be a good if not great player but I do not think he suits our list and strategy at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back