Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He cops a lot of hate on here but he is a glue kind of guy that does what he can when he can. May not be as talented as some but his commitment is unquestionable. His 18 goals for the year when mostly used as a sub are commendable for sure.
Bit better than the 8 our forward managed.

Ya boi's back up in the Kimberley spreading the Good Word. Love to see it!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys who toil away every week, who aren't necessarily spectacular but are faithfull, reliable, and steady as all f*ck, and who constantly help bring out the best in others -- but never get the plaudits they deserve themselves...

...people like those are God's own gift!

God bless you Bailey - hope you tear 'em a new one this week (...the doubters, and the opposition both.)

So Channel 9’s Paddy Sweeney has an article in Perth Now about an idea for WA to host Gather Round by also playing an EPL game.

That’s now why I’m here though.

I’m here because they put this picture of two of the World’s greatest forwards - Bailey Banfield & Mo Salah.

F55FBB4E-5704-44D3-81C9-49BE762B5B2E.jpeg

BAILEY BANFIELD! BAILEY BANFIELD! BAILEY BANFIELD! RUNNING DOWN THE WING. BAILEY-LY-LY-LY-LY-LY, THE KIMBERLEY KING!

So Channel 9’s Paddy Sweeney has an article in Perth Now about an idea for WA to host Gather Round by also playing an EPL game.

That’s now why I’m here though.

I’m here because they put this picture of two of the World’s greatest forwards - Bailey Banfield & Mo Salah.

View attachment 1665978

BAILEY BANFIELD! BAILEY BANFIELD! BAILEY BANFIELD! RUNNING DOWN THE WING. BAILEY-LY-LY-LY-LY-LY, THE KIMBERLEY KING!
Why is adam cerra promoting this ?? 😉

Good to see Jackson, Sturt and Amiss in the forward line too. Otherwise he would have to be one to fly for the ball. Does his best work crumbing and snapping goals. Has under rated quick handball gives.

As a "pressure forward" I feel it important that he add tackles to his portfolio. Currently 16 consecutive quarters without a tackle... 👀

I find it odd that people regularly express disbelief that BB keeps getting selected despite not laying tackles, etc., like a pressure forward should be.

Not trying to negate criticism of BB or anything, but if he continues to be picked despite routinely demonstrating few pressure acts, then it seems reasonable to me that his performance is not being assessed in terms of how much pressure he applies. Ergo, BB is not a "pressure forward" — in terms of performance, certainly, but also in terms of designated role. He's being asked to do something else, such that he is not often in the right positions to lay tackles (nor expected to).

How do they record tackles. Is it only 1 on 1 and doesn't count if gang tackle. Does it need result in a free rewarded to be successful etc

I find it odd that people regularly express disbelief that BB keeps getting selected despite not laying tackles, etc., like a pressure forward should be.

Not trying to negate criticism of BB or anything, but if he continues to be picked despite routinely demonstrating few pressure acts, then it seems reasonable to me that his performance is not being assessed in terms of how much pressure he applies. Ergo, BB is not a "pressure forward" — in terms of performance, certainly, but also in terms of designated role. He's being asked to do something else, such that he is not often in the right positions to lay tackles (nor expected to).
Yes. Funny thing is I do see him lay tackles. Guess they don't count those. Maybe he is given a specific role in the team as you said. Think he does cover the ground a bit as seen him closer in the back half

Remove this Banner Ad

Back