Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we cut out the undisciplined acts and brain fades we win tonight. Carlton’s team on paper was absolutely sh*te tonight - spuds everywhere you look. But how many Hollywood handballs, stupid 50m penalites, Ill disciplined frees etc… did Carlton commit?

We’ve got to wake up to the fact stupid sh*te has cost us about a dozen games in the last 3-years. This comp is tiny tiny margins and we need to pull our collective heads in as a team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I love Pickets hardness but from his first game in the 19 GF, his inability and reluctance to handball is a serious flaw in his game. Bloody poor.
Always makes me wonder how these players get through to the elite level and still have major skill deficiencies. Some of the skill errors tonight even allowing for fatigue were woeful to say the least and on the most part were committed by the core senior players.

At times the skill execution between the sides was the size of the Grand Canyon, the Blues so much cleaner. If we can somehow cut down our clangers it will potentially give us a 3-4 goal swing based on what we saw tonight. Umps getting fitted out by Specsavers maybe another 3.

If we cut out the undisciplined acts and brain fades we win tonight. Carlton’s team on paper was absolutely sh*te tonight - spuds everywhere you look. But how many Hollywood handballs, stupid 50m penalites, Ill disciplined frees etc… did Carlton commit?

We’ve got to wake up to the fact stupid sh*te has cost us about a dozen games in the last 3-years. This comp is tiny tiny margins and we need to pull our collective heads in as a team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
100%. Even if the umps were against us, if we cut out the stupid crap then we could’ve won this game. We can’t really control how the umpires will adjudicate us, but we can certainly control what decisions we make on the field.

We have to make better decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Dion should hang up the boots asap.
What's happened to Dow he looked so good late last season and in the practice games and now he is s**t again.
Was much better tonight after a low bar.... He has to play the next 6-8 games and get the confidence going. We all need a bit of patience with him, I personally think he'll come good but will never be a superstar

He has his deficiencies for sure but I still think his positives outweigh the negs for now. It's up to the young guys to take his spot and there's not much on offer
His mistakes just kill us. His kicking is 60/40 at best and his handballing is atrocious. I would honestly try any young guy with pace and decent kicking skills to replace him. McIntosh too. They don't hurt the opposition. They hurt us, but not the opposition. Time to get games into the young guys.

We didn't loose because of Mansell, we lost because we still have the same turn over merchants playing in team and players making half assed attempts.

It's frustrating.

The point I'm making is at crucial times when we needed 'that' goal mansell had missed.
dimma's legacy

fringe players who get repeatedly demoted after one poor game get this overthinking scared to f up shyte creep into their psyche

just like dimma scared to lose his whatchamacallit last dance moment always treated fringe players now we see the effects with cumdawg and the man both showing signs of self-doubt[ and who could blame mansell for being unsure of his place in the league after being wiped out for 3 weeks just as he had cemented his palce in the side after a long struggle for knocking that ******* guys headband off in an attack on tha ball]

my point is he has played how many games and is he alone in effing up easy kicks tonight

Ask Shai or Lynch I guess pretty sure they've managed to do that a few times

Comments like this 💩 me to tears. Shai, Lynch, Dusty, Richo, Dunstall, Locket, Lloyd etc will have examples of missing goals like that. But they've got another 200-1200 goals each behind them including impossible goals. Mansells career is a c@nt hair between desisted EOY or re-signed. He's got Clarke, Sonsie, Green & Coulthard breathing down his neck. He needs to compose himself and cash in his limited opportunities.

It's not only being 2 down on the bench, you've got a 5 day break, in early season with a new coach and game plan. To lose by 5 is pretty amazing.

I attribute a lot of the later skill errors down to fatigue and players trying to do to much on tired legs. Big props especially to the younger guys who had to really grind probably harder than they've ever had to before in a game.

Bullshit … open ya eyes … if you can’t see that we are umpired differently than the rest of the comp … you need spec savers … very proud of the club tonight but enough is enough … this s**t has to be called out
Not saying we weren’t shafted after quarter time. When the heat was on in the big moments throughout the game, several of our players cost us badly with poor skill errors that lead to goals for them.

I’m pleased to say we played quite a bit better than I thought we would against a qty side certain to be top 4/5, injuries really cost us that win as we had to move Balta back who was on course to be bog , suddenly they were marking everything in D50 as we failed too often to make a contest . Contested work was excellent and we won clearances
We need more talent in the f50
Mansell and mrj have gotta go ,,,,Clarke and coult IN
Bad luck for gibbo gee I hope it’s only a jarred knee
Would like to see both brown and tresize come in maybe even mykelti
Anyways much to take out from that , nank dusty and Lynchy were all huge on return , Vlas and Balta superb

Back