Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

i watched Warner, now that was a monumental stuff up , to think we could have had him and Coleman :mad:

the 2nd round curse lives on

View attachment 1929243

The silly thing is, we were linked with Warner right up until the night. Everything suggested we were going to take him with one of those picks in the 30’s.

We wouldn’t have got Coleman, he was an academy player linked to Brisbane!

I look forward to the posts lamenting the picks we could have gotten for logan mcdonald when he inevitably heads back west, then the players that we could have gotten for those picks, then the picks they get traded for.

the McDonald issue is a complete no Brainer
That is us
Nmfc with no brain
We needed a Tall
Just plain moronic

And if the argument is He will walk…..
We then picked Jhf
You could not make this stuff up

It Warner was 38 every team had a shot

I genuinely could not care less about Logan McDonald. This fixation on one what if player scenario seems utterly pointless.

i watched Warner, now that was a monumental stuff up , to think we could have had him and Coleman :mad:

the 2nd round curse lives on

View attachment 1929243
You do realize that 13 other clubs could have picked him before we had even had a pick. So we were definitely not the only ones that had a chance to pick him and didn't.

* McDonald and all clubs make decisions that make them look clever or make them look dumb.

Larkey, Ford, Zurhaar, managing at the 11th hour to get Sheezel & Wardlaw to our club to cover JHFF leaving.
Getting band 1 for Magoo. Etc

No club lives or dies by a single draft choice. It's the collective work over say a five year period that counts .

You watching the game or just reading the stat sheet? 3/4 goals were joe the gooses from the goal square and he's received silver service otherwise.

1 contested mark.

Huge
McDonald definitely got some cheapies last night, and he drops marks despite getting into good positions. As they are 2 - 0, and have a good spread of goal kickers not as much scrutiny atm. He needs a +60 goal season to show progress. Best player from that draft year at this stage is Gulden.

He was a cracking junior and by all reports he is a good kid but it's not easy to identify a standout athletic trait that elevates him at the elite level.

It keeps coming up Cunners for me but only time will tell whether he's big enough and strong enough for that role.

And on the comparison stuff, the lad's not alone.

The 2020 draft is fast looking like a dystopian wasteland.

* McDonald and all clubs make decisions that make them look clever or make them look dumb.

Larkey, Ford, Zurhaar, managing at the 11th hour to get Sheezel & Wardlaw to our club to cover JHFF leaving.

No club lives or dies by a single draft choice. It's the collective work over say a five year period that counts .

If only Mao was running recruiting. Man got results.

That is us
Nmfc with no brain
We needed a Tall
Just plain moronic

We then picked Jhf

yeah but other teams took players comparable, we took jack mahony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realize that 13 other clubs could have picked him before we had even had a pick. So we were definitely not the only ones that had a chance to pick him and didn't.
of course i do , its the fact we didnt have the picks to take players such as serong or pickket who teams picked above jack mahony ( well actually we did but we traded them) . anyway as long as chom has a heartbeat theres a tiny chance of redemption from that draft.

just another example of how our list got to such a bad scenario, anyway WilPhil imo anit one of those busts in that period . only real crappy trade recently was 20 for ccj when we should have stuck to our guns for a speculative 3rd bow pinch ruckman that the tiggers had behind soldo and nank. the fact we even did the deal so they could get Taz from us without effecting their compo is the cherry on top.

Oh well as we darn say.

We will always be able to look back at the tenure of Luff Diver and remind ourselves of his work. And in the words of Corn Francis, it got us seven priority picks. Lol

But yes no Simpkin, no TT and still no Phillips. Don't matter which way you spin it, that isn't flash.

Doesn't mean it's over of course, just that plenty are currently well wrong with how Will is travelling.

Looks like another midfielder draft coming up. Also need to find room for George soon enough.

I don't like us having both Phillips and Powell in the same side fwiw.
i reckon will is a more balanced footballer than powell, powells flashy stuff looks great when it comes off but doesnt seem to have a defensive bone in hs body, will reminds me a bit of spitta .

That is us
Nmfc with no brain
We needed a Tall
Just plain moronic

We then picked Jhf

As far as key FF's go, at this stage McDonald is very, very ordinary.

Might as well get you to lace them up and plonk you at FF Regi.

Did I watch a different game last night? 2 of McDonald's were Joe the gooses, 1 was a scrambled snap and the other he outmarked a bloke who looked to be playing 3 levels above his capabilities.

Now 4 goals is 4 goals. Well done young man. But it was hardly the game of a KF that we need.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Expect the Lazzaro bubble to burst by 6.45 tonight and Will to be in Rnd 2. Most overhyped preseason since our saviour KPD delisted a couple of years back with 0 games on his resume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expect the Lazzaro bubble to burst by 6.45 tonight and Will to be in Rnd 2. Most overhyped preseason since our saviour KPD delisted a couple of years back with 0 games on his resume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they love about Lazz is his gut running, which is something we have lacked. Will be interesting to see how much ground he covers today.

He's come along way has Lazz.

What they love about Lazz is his gut running, which is something we have lacked. Will be interesting to see how much ground he covers today.

He's come along way has Lazz.
Wonder if he will have a Sam Gibson moment where he begins to limit his disposal to means he can execute? both always had/have freakish ability to run out games,

sadly liam anthony never did ( could always run and find the ball but disposal was atrocious)

Did I watch a different game last night? 2 of McDonald's were Joe the gooses, 1 was a scrambled snap and the other he outmarked a bloke who looked to be playing 3 levels above his capabilities.

Now 4 goals is 4 goals. Well done young man. But it was hardly the game of a KF that we need.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Sadly it didn’t stop the commentators raving on about his game

Hawthorn blowing pick 6 on Mitch Thorp back in 2006 when they could have selected Joel Selwood, Jack Riewoldt, Todd Goldstein, James Frawley, Ben Reid, Shaun Grigg, Shane Edwards or Gavin Urquhart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back