Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I feel like it just creates an out too.

Poor performance? I guess I was too anxious or fearful after all.

And it’s not as if Ken reads the riot act or doles our consequences either. The 2021 Prelim was followed by a further 5 weeks of pure debacle, and old mate didn’t seem the least bit peturbed.

In fact, after the Russell Ebert Tribute Game, Charlie Dixon told critical supporters to get stuffed lol.

How can there be consequences when donuts gets excused for more than a decade of failures?

close-talking hugs are as good as a flag imo

I genuinely mean this when I say it, I think it's great for them that they have built this lovely world of friendship and connection where they love coming to 'work' and will all be best mates long after they finish playing football for Port.

But for the supporter? We don't really care. We have a parasocial relationship with 40-something largely young, good looking, unrelatable guys who our only investment in is in them winning games of football. They aren't our sons or mates, we don't care how much they enjoy their lives.

So I guess read the room and keep this stuff in house.

I genuinely mean this when I say it, I think it's great for them that they have built this lovely world of friendship and connection where they love coming to 'work' and will all be best mates long after they finish playing football for Port.

But for the supporter? We don't really care. We have a parasocial relationship with 40-something largely young, good looking, unrelatable guys who our only investment in is in them winning games of football. They aren't our sons or mates, we don't care how much they enjoy their lives.

Must admit, I'm with you. Couldn't give 2 hoots about their "connection" or work life balance. I want to win premierships and no stone should be left unturned to get one. This "father figure" thing really gets to me. The photos of Hinkley with JFH and Bergman were creepy and weird but that's just my perspective.

Last edited:

100%.

Tom Jonas responding to criticisms of his fellow co-captain Ollie Wines’ wakeboarding follies by posting a picture of himself skiing.

If there was a Baseketball-style parody film made about the AFL, that particular plot point would be crossed out as “too unrealistic”.

This coach and player attitude of treating football as a secondary inconvenience (while expecting supporters and members to relentlessly renew their subscriptions and turn up rain, hail, shine, win or lose, of course!) is verrrrrrrry current day.

It honestly is bizarre if you take it out of the context of footy and replace it with the context of any other job. Imagine going to the mechanic to get your car fixed, having it break down as you drive away, then contacting the mechanics and all they will tell you is how good it is that the mechanics are best mates. It's the two young kids at Woolies having a chat while I wait to be served, it's the cast of Madam Web or whatever other rubbish film doing press interviews about how close they all are. Why am I supposed to care? Yes, it's great for them, I'm happy for them as people, but why is it supposed to placate me, the consumer / customer / fan from getting the results / product I want?

It honestly is bizarre if you take it out of the context of footy and replace it with the context of any other job. Imagine going to the mechanic to get your car fixed, having it break down as you drive away, then contacting the mechanics and all they will tell you is how good it is that the mechanics are best mates. It's the two young kids at Woolies having a chat while I wait to be served, it's the cast of Madam Web or whatever other rubbish film doing press interviews about how close they all are. Why am I supposed to care? Yes, it's great for them, I'm happy for them as people, but why is it supposed to placate me, the consumer / customer / fan from getting the results / product I want?
I'm telling you right now that your car won't be fixed and you'll have to go elsewhere.

“I’m sorry Doctor, you can no longer perform my timely life-saving surgery because you say you severely injured your dominant hand playing with fireworks?”

— “📸⛷”

Bbbbbut don't you love wishing the players a happy birthday every year?

Your day, cluz 🎂🎂🎈

I barely wish myself a happy birthday lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1711177163169.jpeg

Bloke couldn’t even manage to find an ironed shirt to go on camera and pay tribute to Travis. Slob.

This whole package made me puke by the way, how sad is it that the club is seemingly happy to make Boak’s whole identity at the club revolve around the fact that “he didn’t go to Geelong 12 years ago”. Pathetic.

View attachment 1937198

Bloke couldn’t even manage to find an ironed shirt to go on camera and pay tribute to Travis. Slob.

This whole package made me puke by the way, how sad is it that the club is seemingly happy to make Boak’s whole identity at the club revolve around the fact that “he didn’t go to Geelong 12 years ago”. Pathetic.
Where is that pic from? Does the guy ever bathe or clean his teeth?

View attachment 1937198

Beige man wears beige outfit with logo of beige club

View attachment 1937198

beige on beige, daring. Look at his crinkled hands from the finger wiggling.

The journo last year on radio who asked Aliir Aliir which of the boys like hugging Ken the most was just off-putting. Along with the dog racing syndicate it makes me feel embarrassed.

View attachment 1937198

What an embarrassment.

View attachment 1937198

Now I understand why Rucci has such a soft spot for this guy. They're both ****ing slobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back