Welcome Welcome Luke Jackson!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what if Luke Jackson can win a flag, two league fairest and bests, be all-Australian captain and play more than 207 games in a row without missing for either suspension or injury and all that time never once shirking the issue, then we'll all have been on a hell of a ride. Boy has the talent, that's for sure.

If he has a weakness currently (IF) it's that the big gorilla rucks can, on occasion, get on top of him.

We saw it with Nank and Briggs last year and Xerri early on today (before Dogga monstered him right back.)

Lucky that we have our own gorilla ruck waiting in the wings.:wink:

Last edited:
If he has a weakness currently (IF) it's that the big gorilla rucks can, on occasion, get on top of him.

We saw it with Nank and Briggs last year, Soldo in the practice match v Port and Xerri early on today (before Dogga monstered him right back.)

Lucky that we have our own gorilla ruck waiting in the wings.:wink:
Sorry to be that guy Big Fella, I don’t think he played against Port with Soldo which was probably a decent reason that game was such garbage

We’ve probably got the best player in the afl over the next 5 years, he’s only 22 years old. I can’t think of anyone at his level the next 5 seasons. Petracca and Bont both 28 years old. Don’t think they’ll have 5 years at Jacksons level. Ugle Hagan has the potential but not the runs on the board just yet.

Cannot wait for us to have our big gorilla ruck back (assuming he makes it all the way back from what looks like chronic knee issues), so that the unicorn can roam free and create havoc. Holy moly, that would be a beautiful thing.

If this guy keeps developing like the average big man does until his mid-twenties,... he will be the best player in the league. He's a freak.

Cannot wait for us to have our big gorilla ruck back (assuming he makes it all the way back from what looks like chronic knee issues), so that the unicorn can roam free and create havoc. Holy moly, that would be a beautiful thing.

If this guy keeps developing like the average big man does until his mid-twenties,... he will be the best player in the league. He's a freak.

He goes all right, I think

What the east coast media miss with him, is how bloody good he looks up forward. He follows up at ground level the exact same way he does in the ruck, but he has great hands a good set shot.

I’m quite sure that oppo coaches do not want that headache up forward.

Ripping bloke too, sort of player that other players want to play with.

And I’m more than comfortable with Darcy going forward if we need to change how the midfield looks in game, he can stay deep and stop Treacy and Amiss from being double teamed.

Doesn’t even have to draw the ball to affect the play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will revolutionise the position of mobile KPF

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s interesting.

Could honestly see him and Treacy starting on the half forward line and Jackson then just plays as a roaming utility, moving from half forward to half back during general play

Thought Xerri played really well in the 1st half and monstered Jackson, but he does have age, height and weight on Jackson. Great to see Jackson fight back. Was wondering how North would go with Goldstein being traded but looks like they have a good ruck in Xerri. Xerri won the hitouts but Jackson had the better overall game, and when Darcy comes back... can't wait

Thought Xerri played really well in the 1st half and monstered Jackson, but he does have age, height and weight on Jackson. Great to see Jackson fight back. Was wondering how North would go with Goldstein being traded but looks like they have a good ruck in Xerri. Xerri won the hitouts but Jackson had the better overall game, and when Darcy comes back... can't wait
Exactly, Xerri was well on top in the first half, Jackson’s high impact is best exploited when he’s up against a second string ruck or a tiring main ruck, as he did in the Dees premiership just destroyed the midfield in the third term ina 7 minute burst, completely turned that game in its head. We only get to see that when Darcy is shouldering 80% of ruck duties.

I do get confused by people who thought Gawn and Jackson was the best ruck combo in the league, but somehow he can't play in the same team as Darcy
Infuriating last year everyone bringing up Gawn/Grundy not working as an argument for why we should trade Darcy when Gawn/Jackson was instrumental in Melbourne winning the flag just a couple seasons earlier.

Exactly, Xerri was well on top in the first half, Jackson’s high impact is best exploited when he’s up against a second string ruck or a tiring main ruck, as he did in the Dees premiership just destroyed the midfield in the third term ina 7 minute burst, completely turned that game in its head. We only get to see that when Darcy is shouldering 80% of ruck duties.
Exactly this. It's infuriating when Cornes craps on about Jackson being in the ruck all game. If this was 15 games in there's a good chance he'd be too tired to perform like he did after getting beaten up by Xerri (see Richmond game vs Nankervis last season for an example of this).

If it's a big, physical ruck you need Darcy to beat them up, then, as others have said, let Jackson go to work on a tired first or a second/pinch hit ruck. Darcy more than capable of taking a KPD and can roost them from 50, so happy with him forward (especially given Amiss & Treacy's mobility). They don't get out to a 30+ point lead if Darcy is rucking this game.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back