• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty and Lynch were awful today. Think that result is about our level, we had a dip, they were just too classy when got on top. Just need to slowly bring the kids in this season.

Forward pressure in the 2nd half was non existent which was disappointing.
Dusty sadly no longer has the legs, it's very obvious when he gains possession he knows his body has new limitations. You can almost see him pull himself back to preserve his body so that he potentially play the season out. The fact he set the performance bar so high for so long makes it difficult to watch him now that he appears to be just a mere mortal.

He isn't going to have the impact in games that he once had which happens to all legends of the game eventually. He is a once in a generation player so hopefully he can mentor the younger players and make some cameos along the way before leaving the game under his own terms. Personally I can't see him playing on beyond this season but time will tell.

Probably won’t get our first win until after 2 more losses sadly

Swans…loss

Aints…probable loss

West Coke…fingers crossed
our first win will feel like a loss anyway

and none of it is our fault

Probably won’t get our first win until after 2 more losses sadly

Swans…loss

Aints…probable loss

West Coke…fingers crossed

We haven't been too bad the last 2 weeks. SO if any team is off their game, we could win. But yeah apart from West Coast it's hard to be confident. And even then, that will be their only chance of a win, so they will be up for it.

We sag off and give them easy marks. On the flip side, we refuse to control the pill and would rather play on with a hand ball or long kick to an outnumber contest.

That’s also nothing to do with fatigue either. If you watch us, we have piles of people running to set up for a long kick and no one giving the kicker any other options. Clearly how we think ball movement in 2024 is going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re right. I hardly see our players lead towards our ball carriers like what other clubs do. We just run down the field and expect the opposition to bomb long to a contest like we normally they do. However, the good teams like Port don’t do that. Instead, they’ll just keep kicking short to a target until one of their players leads towards the ball carrier inside 50. Probably why we often concede many goals in a row.

We have an issue with our running patterns off the ball and probably need Yze to address it. Only issue I have is that I don’t think we’re particularly good at anything right now with our pressure down and our footskills being ordinary. Yze will have a lot to think about

I wonder if Adem Yze is feeling like this blonde at the moment :oops:
umpires.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

afl post 2020 is not a fair comp its contrived , corrupt and easily manipulated for desired outcomes
That's because big brother AFL decide who is going to be the next best thing/team they'll market and push to make them lots of $$$$, that's the only reason why they're in this business at all and that's profit period!

Last edited:
They were absolute dog s**t today.
The real worry is that we can't afford having Balta up forward when our backline is a complete mess.
Dow looks like he isn't going to live up to any sort of hype.
Lefau is a c grade footballer at best
Lynch needs to start playing in front of his opponent, I'm sick to death of seeing him play from behind.
Yze was out coached big time.
Our midfield is putrid
The umpires were an absolute disgrace and borderline cheating.

Not many positives to take out of that game.
Our backline wasn't even that bad, most of it was the midfield's fault & soft frees that weren't there imo.

Not convinced we are being coached well

Balta is a defender, period

I thought dusty was returning as a midfielder? Didn’t see him there much

All our discipline problems are still there

Id like to see some selfishness from dusty in front of goals. more likely to kick em.

B: Grimes Miller Young
HB: D.Rioli Vlastuin Short
C: Clarke Taranto Brown
HF: Mansell Balta Campbell
F: Martin Lynch Bolton
R: Nankervis Ross Baker
IC: Trezise McAuliffe Sonsie M.Rioli
SUB: Cumberland

In: Young McAuliffe Sonsie M.Rioli Cumberland
Out: McIntosh Dow Pickett Banks Lefau

If Rioli isn't fit, we could give Lefau another run.

In all likelihood they stay, but maybe hartley says to them "look this isn't the vision that we sold you, if you'd like to go to a team at the pointy end we can help to facilitate it if we get fairly compensated"

No team at the pointy end is taking them, and for anyone else to take them we would be paying their wage anyway.

Some nice signs, but geez how bad are we when the ball goes to ground! Slaughtered there.

Their skills v our skills was also a really significant indication of where we are now.

Back