Free kick differential stats 2024 (Richmond 18th after 3 rounds) šŸ˜”

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's only taken 3 matches and we have yet again taken our usual place at dead last with the umps.

We are now officially dead last in free kick differentials 8 years running, including 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and to date 2024.

1. Stkilda 48 - 30 (+18)
2. Adelaide 42 - 30 (+12)
3. Carlton 44 - 33 (+11)
4. Port Adelaide 39-31 (+8)
5. North 38 - 30 (+8)
6. Gold Coast 65- 59 (+6)
7. West Coast 37 - 32 (+5)
8. Melbourne 60- 56 (+4)
------
9. Fremantle 36 - 37 (-1)
10. Essendon 37 - 39 (-2)
11. Brisbane 37 - 40 (-3)
12. Hawthorn 31 - 35 (-4)
13. Collingwood 61 - 67 (-6)
14. Sydney 60 - 67 (-7)
15. Bulldogs 35 - 47 (-12)
16. Geelong 23 - 36 (-13)
17. GWS 46 - 61 (-15)
18. Richmond 45 - 63 (-18)

so we have established it isn't Dimma related as the Suns are flying.

he has taken the same plan there so that excuse goes right out the window.

so we have established it isn't Dimma related as the Suns are flying.

he has taken the same plan there so that excuse goes right out the window.
Could the general statistical outcome so far of this thread along with the tweet you quoted please be discussed in tonights podcast?

The time has come for this issue to be addressed by the club and somebody needs to flag the data with them.

Even the commentators are starting to mention it, most of the frees we give are there but we get crucified when its our turn, the two decisions on 50m penalties yesterday are examples, head high after a mark 50 for Port zip for us, both the same, ridiculous.
I went troppo after that BS.

listening to the commentary - i wonder how long it s takes that powers that be to turn Jack into Richo mark II.

there was a few calls where you can hear Jack give out a sigh of disbelief - where as Richo is always defending the umpires

give it time - i bet he'll get a call this week that he's showing to much biased commentary

We are competitive with any team atm.

I reckon the umpires will troll us with free kicks IF we start losing to teams by big margins at half time.

Then the maggots will troll us with frees knowing they will not matter.

Let's not give them the ammo.

If we remain competitive,then the umpires will swallow pips and rort us.

Then we can show them up for the cheats they are.

Could the general statistical outcome so far of this thread along with the tweet you quoted please be discussed in tonights podcast?

The time has come for this issue to be addressed by the club and somebody needs to flag the data with them.
writing the agenda as we speak ;)

but it's a tough one, we could easily dedicate the full 45 min to it but we have other stuff to discuss too, but it is getting a mention.

I also think it is important to note just in general, that I don't many are blaming our losses on it, as we could be playing better as a side to offset all of this, but it just makes it un enjoyable to watch when watching with loaded dice as CB said to me today.

listening to the commentary - i wonder how long it s takes that powers that be to turn Jack into Richo mark II.

there was a few calls where you can hear Jack give out a sigh of disbelief - where as Richo is always defending the umpires

give it time - i bet he'll get a call this week that he's showing to much biased commentary
North Korea.

What's the league differential since 2017?
Including season 2017 and finals games, we're at 2876 FF vs 3403 FA, a differential of -527. In that time we've played 166 matches, which means that in any given match, the oppo is already at least 3 free kicks up against us.

We've given away comfortably the most free kicks and have received the 6th fewest free kicks, behind Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, and St. Kilda. However, all those teams have been largely garbage through this time period and have barely played a final between them so their total number of games is about 12 less than ours. If you average the numbers of frees for for these teams and normalize the data so that everyone has played the same amount of games, any guesses as to who now sits at the bottom of the frees for column...

This is the best part, our next closest rival for most shafted is GWS who are at -235 across the same time period. On the other end of the scale, Collingwood is at +354 and the Bulldogs are at +376.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how you people can still go to the footy.

I went and watched until my mid teens, 1974, 75.

Had a 20 year break from it and got back into it mid 90s.

I zenned out after 2016. I never look at free kick stats.

Rule changes, grey area upon gray area.

Gale complaining about stand rule, only to have AFL say it working perfectly.

Nothing will change. I recommend not attend AFL games, watch local footy. Take out a 3 game membership as a donation.

I've caught Jack R on a couple of Richmond games. Fantastic, recently retired so got fresh insight. Richo compliments oppo teams not RFC

Despite playing only 25% games than Richmond, Collingwood have 102% more frees paid to them.

1. Stkilda 48 - 30 (+18)
2. Adelaide 42 - 30 (+12)
3. Carlton 44 - 33 (+11)
4. Port Adelaide 39-31 (+8)
5. North 38 - 30 (+8)
6. Gold Coast 65- 59 (+6)
7. West Coast 37 - 32 (+5)
8. Melbourne 60- 56 (+4)
------
9. Collingwood 91 - 87 (+4)
10. Fremantle 36 - 37 (-1)
11. Essendon 37 - 39 (-2)
12. Hawthorn 31 - 35 (-4)
13. Sydney 60 - 67 (-7)
14. Bulldogs 35 - 47 (-12)
15. Geelong 23 - 36 (-13)
16. Brisbane 57 - 70 (-13)
17. GWS 46 - 61 (-15)
18. Richmond 45 - 63 (-18)

Last edited:
Alot of the frees that are missed by the maggots holt our momentum, they are given to the oppo on a silver platter at crucial times. You can then see a roll on effect where our players are visibly confused, flustered and genuinely second guessing them selfs at the next contest.

Does anyone have the footage of shorts touched behind that was not reviewed?

Alot of the frees that are missed by the maggots holt our momentum, they are given to the oppo on a silver platter at crucial times. You can then see a roll on effect where our players are visibly confused, flustered and genuinely second guessing them selfs at the next contest.

Does anyone have the footage of shorts touched behind that was not reviewed?
Example yes , last year Shemons game just before half time I think it was or end of 3/4. 5-7 mins to go . We are by 22 points and playing well all the momentum , then free kick given to Shemons for nothing and followed with a 50 metre penalty and a goal , bounce down , Gawn gets a free for nothing kicks into forward line and another free and goal , bounce again down to Shemons forward free given again 20 metres out goal , within 4 mins umps had changed the game and you could see it Richmond players body language that they were copping it no lube

I don't know how you people can still go to the footy.

I went and watched until my mid teens, 1974, 75.

Had a 20 year break from it and got back into it mid 90s.

I zenned out after 2016. I never look at free kick stats.

Rule changes, grey area upon gray area.

Gale complaining about stand rule, only to have AFL say it working perfectly.

Nothing will change. I recommend not attend AFL games, watch local footy. Take out a 3 game membership as a donation.
Shush by media outlets.

Only 2nd time in the last 18 matches we have won the free kick count.

Wonder if we will go back to back vs the Aints next week? šŸ¤£
we will get reamed next week, media has been talking up aints as contenders and theyve won one game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back