• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If I haven't seen McAuliffe phone his parents by Wednesday I'm going to throw such a fit.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Why didn't the AFL umpires penalise Zac Butters?
Butters' stage dive, with head falsely snapping back, cost a crucial goal, including a 50-metre penalty.
Butters is a fraudulent cheat, especially given the emphasis on concussion protocols.

Last edited:
Edwards was absolute sh*te his first 50 games. If we were a half decent team no way would he have remained on the list. Most supporters wanted him gone. Of course he turned into a star, but that took a decade… he was anything but a star for his first 50 games.

Of course memories fade, but take this into account.

From 2007-2009 Edwards played 47 games. He received 1 x Brownlow vote and 3 x coaches votes in those 47 games. His SC averages were 48 / 48 / 54. He averaged 11 touches. He was crap.

You only remember Edwards from 2010 onwards once Dimma arrived and he stepped his game up a notch. He had 47 games under his belt by then.

I don’t believe Dow will turn into Edwards, but I’m saying to try and give him majority of this season, as Dow has some great attributes and some upside. As I said, if we were a half decent team 100% Edwards would’ve been delisted end of 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I remember a mate of mine saying Shane Edwards is the worst player in the AFL in about 2009-2010. He probably wasn’t far off.

10 years later…….

He’s a crows supporter too.

Outs- Dow, Picket, McIntosh, T Lynch, lefua

Ins - Sampson Ryan, Sonsi, Cumberland, Mcauliff, Tyler Young

Lynch is just not fit, too long out of the game and limited preseason. Use the next month to experiment give Tom a month to do some running drills .

Dow had a poor game. I wish the lad well, but time to go back to VFL and give someone else a go.

Picket and McIntosh have been great role players and extremely underrated during our era. But they won’t be there for the next era.

Lefua, didn’t do much but first game, hope he progresses in the VFL and we see him again. Ironically, the only part of his game I liked was when he spilled Lynch’s easy mark. But going back with the flight of the ball and crushing the pack and almost taking a ripper of a mark is great to see and hopefully signs of future things. Also seems like a great bloke.

Ryan Sampson will need to help Nank out in the ruck against Grundy, but play most of the time forward. I want to see him play out of the goal square and Balta has the roaming centre half forward.

We need better kicking into our forward 50, which Sonsie and Cumberland as half forwards/ some mid time should generate.

There should be only one metric we should be concerned about on Sunday, bringing pressure and heat to the contest. For 4 quarters. Nothing else matters. Sydney love working the angles and breaking the lines. Our zones and commitment to pressure the ball carrier has to be up there. All check and block all the runners, especially in the corridor.

And for god sake, have someone tag that Goulden. Have two players rotate on him. He is the type of player you should tag heavily, not some player who gets 35 possessions but doesn’t damage you.

Maybe Taranto can do that ?

Give yourself a rest you’re a tyrant as you start picking on posters and when you’re called out for it you sook it up.
Stop embarrassing yourself as I called you out for it weeks ago when you started that thread about eating our own, which is what you’re guilty of doing again .
Comprehension not your strong suit is it. Where did I pick on posters? If you're going to say that thread you're way off the mark. That thread was querying whether we've gotten past eating our own so soon into their tenure and it wasn't a surprise at who took offence to it, the vocal minority that are the first to sling s**t when things aren't going well, then act like hypocrites the moment things start going well and hand out accolades to those they'd previously written off.

If you're going to say my post yesterday, we'll you'd be wrong again as it wasn't directed at a single poster, just a bunch of bandwagon supporters who I know go missing as soon as it turns bad as I've sat near them for over 10 years and I know the way they act from previous performance.

I've found in my time here that those that usually take the most offence to posts like my thread the other week and yesterday are those where it cuts a little to close to home and they feel like it's aimed at them, when it's more just a broad observation.

They're going to take our soul via the rear 😔

Essendon went with them for 3/4 and they probably should have lost to Hawthorn the week before.

They aren’t that good. Their forward line and defence are just ok. If you bring the contest to them and don’t give them space and time, we can match them.

Their midfield kicking and spread especially on the big MCG is a concern, but that’s our challenge.

Essendon went with them for 3/4 and they probably should have lost to Hawthorn the week before.

They aren’t that good. Their forward line and defence are just ok. If you bring the contest to them and don’t give them space and time, we can match them.

Their midfield kicking and spread especially on the big MCG is a concern, but that’s our challenge.
It's the kicking and spread that I think will destroy us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think Yze has done a good job overall. Apart from the first half of the sun's game……..
I agree. Lots of piling on in the media (and in here) that isn’t really analysing anything that’s happening; just seeing losses, older players, lack of discipline (although less this season) and a bunch of young players they’ve never heard of, or more to the point, never bothered to learn about.

I would put it to any media ‘expert’: how many teams would have won three or four games from a draw of the Suns at home in Dimma’s first game in slippery conditions. Followed by Carlton, then Port and then Sydney?

How many would have done well through those four games?

Throw in a five day break before Carlton, missing three of our best players against Gold Coast (probably cautionary because of the five days), massively disadvantaged by losing three mid game against the Blues and playing Port with six enforced changes. Who wins with six changes? They weren’t dropped.

Tell me how many teams would have fared well in those circumstances. It’s great sport for these clowns to pile on but it should be seen for what it is: media attention seeking and nothing approaching proper analysis.

Given how quickly the ball was getting into Port’s 50 I reckon Miller’s game was excellent. Dixon is a massive unit.

The spot is his to lose. Hopefully he can make it his for a decade.

It’s the chance he had been waiting for, hopefully he can make the most of it. It’s a very promising start.

Last edited:
When are people going to realise that possetions are everything?
Kmac was good yesterday. His role isnt to get the ball. Its to control the width of the game and he does it well.

In three games this year Pickett and Kmac have collectively been asked to play forward, ruck, defence while primarily being wingman. The way we utilise our wingman they're the two best options by some distance and from a profile POV the only other player really suited to playing the role they're tasked with is Broad.

Both players are flawed but give their all for the team and sacrifice more of their own game than any players in the team and instead of abuse they should be praised for that. If you want to replace them then the system needs changing to utilise our wings in a different way but as things stand we are set up to allow our half backs to play with more freedom and have the wings play structured footy.

Comprehension not your strong suit is it. Where did I pick on posters? If you're going to say that thread you're way off the mark. That thread was querying whether we've gotten past eating our own so soon into their tenure and it wasn't a surprise at who took offence to it, the vocal minority that are the first to sling s**t when things aren't going well, then act like hypocrites the moment things start going well and hand out accolades to those they'd previously written off.

If you're going to say my post yesterday, we'll you'd be wrong again as it wasn't directed at a single poster, just a bunch of bandwagon supporters who I know go missing as soon as it turns bad as I've sat near them for over 10 years and I know the way they act from previous performance.

I've found in my time here that those that usually take the most offence to posts like my thread the other week and yesterday are those where it cuts a little to close to home and they feel like it's aimed at them, when it's more just a broad observation.
You’re in denial and now trying to blame me for your poor conduct. Stop gaslighting and man up. I can bring up your post again and the link to the thread you started where you’ve recently attacked posters. Your behaviour is exactly that of a bully who starts a problem by attacking posters bc you don’t agree with them and when called out for it you deflect it by saying their conduct is the problem. Grow up and pull your head in as we don’t need people on here lighting unnecessary fires and turning threads to s**t by picking on innocent and passionate fans. I’m not replying to you any further bc your stubborn and defiant attitude is not allowing you to recognise your poor behaviour as you’ve continued to deflect from owning your dirty work.

Last edited:
Not sure, I’d try high HF and wing in the vfl and bring him back into the seniors later on in the season to see how he goes
Yes it has to be vfl. I get concerned when you develop a player for 3-4 years in a role and once he fails at it you try him somewhere else. It is often a sign he’s on his last legs and it rarely works out.

we are really bad at defending

We've also played an extra game than everyone except GWS, Sydney, GC, Collingwood, and Melbourne. They've all won 2 or 3 games, except for Collingwood. Of course we'll be higher on that graph. It's not an average.

Back