Player Watch #10 Maurice Rioli Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

Give him a few weeks and then unleash him at Dreamtime. By then the Bombers will have crashed and he'll be able to show a few tricks in a low stress game in front of 80,000 plus
View attachment 1107237
😂😂Bumbers have been in that shape for at least 15 years (and long may it continue)

It’d be great to see him debut in the Dreamtime game, it’d be a proud moment for the family, with the significance of the game.

We’re playing lambert as a forward, Slowest small there

Out he goes for Maurice

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lmao i hope this is a joke

Has been in our top 5 this year so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all - Hope you don't mind a Freo supporter putting his 2 bobs in. Have jumped on here before to comment on South Fremantle players and how we seem o have a lot finish up at Richmond (Going back to Bruce Monteath) - hence you guys being my number 2 team.

Great to see him wearing the number 49 - the number his dad wore when playing at South fremantle.
A couple of little stories about his dad.

When he first started at South's he was very patchy - I used to see him surfing with a friend of mine most Saturday mornings (before the game). It wasn't until South coach at the time found out and read the riot act to him that he the real Maurice stepped up.

There are many stories about Maurice's boxing ability. The most famous being when Mark Jackson (look him up - but he wasn't a small man) whilst at South Fremantle was doing a number on a few players in the boxing ring that South's had in the change rooms. Mal Brown (coach at the time) decided to put Jacko in against Maurice who proceeded belt him around the ring.

A more personal one for me was I used to umpire a few little league games and fight developed between Maurice and the East Freo back pocket player as I was walking on the ground. Only about 5 meters away, and Maurice threw about 6 or 7 of the best jabs I've ever seen. The guys head was snapping back so fast I thought he would get whiplash. He even had time to tell me to go start the game.

Finally after her returned to South's there was a big crowd just to watch him return. There was a bit af Maurice magic in the second quarter which resulkted in a freaky goal. A very good frien of mine got up - said the day can't get any better and went home.

Hi all - Hope you don't mind a Freo supporter putting his 2 bobs in. Have jumped on here before to comment on South Fremantle players and how we seem o have a lot finish up at Richmond (Going back to Bruce Monteath) - hence you guys being my number 2 team.

Great to see him wearing the number 49 - the number his dad wore when playing at South fremantle.
A couple of little stories about his dad.

When he first started at South's he was very patchy - I used to see him surfing with a friend of mine most Saturday mornings (before the game). It wasn't until South coach at the time found out and read the riot act to him that he the real Maurice stepped up.

There are many stories about Maurice's boxing ability. The most famous being when Mark Jackson (look him up - but he wasn't a small man) whilst at South Fremantle was doing a number on a few players in the boxing ring that South's had in the change rooms. Mal Brown (coach at the time) decided to put Jacko in against Maurice who proceeded belt him around the ring.

A more personal one for me was I used to umpire a few little league games and fight developed between Maurice and the East Freo back pocket player as I was walking on the ground. Only about 5 meters away, and Maurice threw about 6 or 7 of the best jabs I've ever seen. The guys head was snapping back so fast I thought he would get whiplash. He even had time to tell me to go start the game.

Finally after her returned to South's there was a big crowd just to watch him return. There was a bit af Maurice magic in the second quarter which resulkted in a freaky goal. A very good frien of mine got up - said the day can't get any better and went home.

Thank you so much for your stories. Maurice was my favorite player when he was with us, and Bruce Monteath!
Those stories brought a tear to an old mans eye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back