Player Watch #10 Maurice Rioli Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously our forward entries were horrid for 2 and a half quarters but his pressure was fantastic. Could have had several handball receives in space but was ignored. Showed a lot of signs and certainly had more impact than Aarts and Catsagna have offered for months

Kid ran his ass of that game

Loved watching him play and had a tear in my eye when he kicked his 1st goal for the mighty Tigers and Daniel did what older brothers do and made him enjoy the after game celebration. The team really like Mrj and you could just see the little prince loving his time.

We have a beauty here

I’m happy for you guys. Watched Maurice junior against our Collingwood VFL side about three weeks ago. One of your best against us and deserved his promotion today. Good first up game. You have many years ahead to enjoy watching him. Cheers.
Classy post.
Maurice was my hero so seeing Junior play is a real joy for Tigerheads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys just wanted to drop in and say best of luck with this guy.

I'm a Territorian who used to do a bit of commentary and I actually commentated Maurice Jr's debut for St Mary's as a skinny 15 year old. Was an incredible feeling to watch him kick a goal on debut today.

His bloodline meant he was destined for great things but the work your club has done off-field to prepare him for AFL footy has been amazing. He's gotten a great education and he's followed in the footsteps of his dad, you've done a stellar job.

Hey guys just wanted to drop in and say best of luck with this guy.

I'm a Territorian who used to do a bit of commentary and I actually commentated Maurice Jr's debut for St Mary's as a skinny 15 year old. Was an incredible feeling to watch him kick a goal on debut today.

His bloodline meant he was destined for great things but the work your club has done off-field to prepare him for AFL footy has been amazing. He's gotten a great education and he's followed in the footsteps of his dad, you've done a stellar job.
Thats what most people in the AFL community and media have not mentioned and passed over

Richmond FC involvement with MRj and contribution has been going on for nearly 10 years

I picked up a VFL 1982 Richmond Vs Collingwood program in mint condition yesterday and opened the page and the team line up had Maurice Snr - 17.

Seemed like an Omen so I bought it, unfortunately it is still in my friends car as it fell out of the bag...

His closing speed is going to make a lot of defenders very nervous.

Cant wait to see him improve the tank.

His Dad was one of the best I've seen if he can get anywhere near that we have a star on our hands.
I'm sure if he played his whole career at Richmond, Maurice Snr would be right up there with Dusty, KB, Royce and JD. He was one of the surest ball handlers with lightning reflexes and amazing evasive abilities that has ever played for the club. He was also an amazing tackler. If he can be half as good, we'll be in for one hell of a ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back