Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they from Warrandyte?
Wouldn't of they played for Eastern Ranges then?
What junior clubs did they play for?
I'm 90% sure that Castagna played for Warrandyte, and 70% sure for McKenzie.

The TAC Cup zoning seems a bit random for area, though. For instance, a few years ago now Jacob Ballard (Freo rookie) was playing for the Knights, and Ryan Exon (Box Hill) was playing for the Oakleigh chargers after playing in the same Warrandyte team since tackers.

The TAC Cup zoning seems a bit random for area, though. For instance, a few years ago now Jacob Ballard (Freo rookie) was playing for the Knights, and Ryan Exon (Box Hill) was playing for the Oakleigh chargers after playing in the same Warrandyte team since tackers.
McKenzie played for Ivanhoe from about u13's I think, might have been at Warrandyte before then

Mackenzie will like this. He seemed to receive a few lace out from the lad.

This kid looks to be a depth option which is needed as the new hard at it Tigers (hopefully) may cop significant injuries in future.

Not sure why Morris is being bagged though. He has proven himself at a much higher level and played injured all year. They don't come much tougher than him :confused:

Mackenzie will like this. He seemed to receive a few lace out from the lad.

This kid looks to be a depth option which is needed as the new hard at it Tigers (hopefully) may cop significant injuries in future.

Not sure why Morris is being bagged though. He has proven himself at a much higher level and played injured all year. They don't come much tougher than him :confused:
Morris is a hack, mis-reads the ball in flight, terrible disposal and a poor decision maker. Plus does not stay on his feet. Goes to ground regularly.

Morris is a hack, mis-reads the ball in flight, terrible disposal and a poor decision maker. Plus does not stay on his feet. Goes to ground regularly.

I had to double check that I was in the, "Rookie Draft - Pick 29 - Welcome to Richmond Jason Castagna " thread after I read this........

Sometimes they don't get picked up by the closest TAC team or want to move for more opportunity.

McKenzie played for Ivanhoe from about u13's I think, might have been at Warrandyte before then
That rings a bell. I remember him moving teams early on.

Anyway good luck guys, hope they both do well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reckon this kid will make it with us - just needs the right sort of coaching and guidance - so a good 12 month stint at VFL at the RFC will do wonders for his football ability

Love his pace and willingness to take it on

Good luck Jase
He's definately one we can start off the half back flank

Obviously one of the knocks on Short would be his size, but this kid looks very good can't believe he didn't go in the ND.

And DBF hits a home run, that sucker disappeared into the sunset:p

Had to be done DBF....:D:thumbsu:

Just put my finger on who he reminds me of - Courtney Dempsey. Hopefully he can get to a similar level, Dempsey goes alright.

I like that comparison. Was a real surprise at the game on Saturday. I think for a player with his strengths like speed and run and carry playing with intensity is really important and George definitely does that.

Back