Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is going to be a silly argument because the same could be said for every single player who misses shots at goal.

Those two misses were dreadful. However, I feel if he kicked the two goals he’d be facing very little heat.

I genuinely don’t this his work rate has dropped off, his ability to score and use the ball moving forward continues to be a work in progress. I think confidence is a crazy beast though, if he gets that back the performances should improve too.

I know this is going to be a silly argument because the same could be said for every single player who misses shots at goal.

Those two misses were dreadful. However, I feel if he kicked the two goals he’d be facing very little heat.

I genuinely don’t this his work rate has dropped off, his ability to score and use the ball moving forward continues to be a work in progress. I think confidence is a crazy beast though, if he gets that back the performances should improve too.
If you’re going to burn five open team mates, you make sure you kick the f***ing goal. He didn’t. Then he made the same mistake again. Dumb, useless and selfish.

If you’re going to burn five open team mates, you make sure you kick the f***ing goal. He didn’t. Then he made the same mistake again. Dumb, useless and selfish.
I’m not justifying either of those moment, as a forward and with so many options you absolutely must pass it or kick the goal.

My comment around had he of kicked those two opportunities is more getting at the facts large chunks of the rest of the game with his pressure and work rate are still there, it’s the outcome of his disposal at impact that need to turnaround.

My comment around had he of kicked those two opportunities is more getting at the facts large chunks of the rest of the game with his pressure and work rate are still there, it’s the outcome of his disposal at impact that need to turnaround.

He had 1 more disposal for the entire game than McIntosh, who subbed out in the first.

And at 44% accuracy, any perceived pressure up the ground is being more than wasted by handing back the ball on a platter to the opposition 6/10 disposals.

He had 1 more disposal for the entire game than McIntosh, who subbed out in the first.

And at 44% accuracy, any perceived pressure up the ground is being more than wasted by handing back the ball on a platter to the opposition 6/10 disposals.
I’ve never once said his disposal was good enough, I’ve said it needs to turn around.

I’m just not in support of the bashing he receives and do believe if his disposal and impact were improved, his defensive efforts and work rate are there.

Respect your opinion mate, but I love the way Castagna pushes high up the ground and gets involved.

I'm glad we won as his selfishness in the third quarter in attempting to kick a goal that he wouldn't have kicked on his best day and should have passed off to any number of options was not exposed.
Again, it was the act of a footballer so out of form - and he knows it - that he is willing to eschew the team rules to try and make himself look good - an act of self-preservation.
He gave us donuts again, along with his mate Aarts.
His pressure was at best a one out of 10.

I'll say it again, his comical miss in the third was an act of selfishness and self-preservation... he should have given it off, but knowing he contributed nothing, he wanted t make a name for himself. It's what poor performing players inevitably do, look after their own stats. And he f***** it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never once said his disposal was good enough, I’ve said it needs to turn around.

I’m just not in support of the bashing he receives and do believe if his disposal and impact were improved, his defensive efforts and work rate are there.
Defensive efforts? lynch and Jack chase harder, if that’s what george is in the side for he ain’t providing it, and hasn’t since 2019

Captain Chaos back to his brilliant best!

I love him. He’s killing me, but I love him.

Boy, do you set the bar low.
Last week you gloated that he kicked a goal with all the conviction of Dale Kerrigan saying 'He dug a hole'.
And now back to his brilliant best??
He was putrid.
Watch the Auskick game at half time, you'll see a dozen or more players with finer skills.

Whos bashing him? At worst most here are sick of his performance.

Why is it so wrong to want the best 22 to be picked? The club is bigger than the individual. One could make an arguement if you (or anyone) are against that, you are against the team being successful.

Boy, do you set the bar low.
Last week you gloated that he kicked a goal with all the conviction of Dale Kerrigan saying 'He dug a hole'.
And now back to his brilliant best??
He was putrid.
Watch the Auskick game at half time, you'll see a dozen or more players with finer skills.
They dont call him 'Limbo-ski' for nuthin.

I'll say it again, his comical miss in the third was an act of selfishness and self-preservation... he should have given it off, but knowing he contributed nothing, he wanted t make a name for himself. It's what poor performing players inevitably do, look after their own stats. And he f***** it!
Never has the truth been more accurately spoken.

Back