Past Josh P. Kennedy - King Kennedy, the contested possession king

Remove this Banner Ad

20GWSSy19MKP204973244.jpg

Josh P Kennedy

Josh Kennedy led the Sydney Swans to back-to-back finals campaigns as the club’s sole skipper in 2017 and 2018, and has since led the team as a co-captain alongside Luke Parker and Dane Rampe. The top-class midfielder has compiled a glowing list of individual achievements since leaving Hawthorn for Sydney ahead of season 2010, collecting a 2012 premiership medal, three All Australian blazers and three Club Champion awards. Kennedy is instrumental to the Swans’ host of young midfielders learning their craft at the top level, including Oliver Florent, James Bell, James Rowbottom and Dylan Stephens. Draft history: 2006 AFL Draft 3rd round father-son selection (Hawthorn) No. 40 overall; 2009 AFL Draft traded by Hawthorn for No. 39 (Sam Grimley). Previous AFL club: (Hawthorn 2008-09: 13 games, 1 goal).

Josh Kennedy
DOB: 20 June 1988
DEBUT: 2008
DRAFT: #40, 2006 Father Son
RECRUITED FROM: East Sandr (Vic)/Xavier Coll (Vic)/Sandr U18/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully with a smallish pay packet but good for the team. Gives the younger mids another year and hopefully next year someone can really take owner ship of his inside role and force him out (in a good way I mean)

Hopefully with a smallish pay packet but good for the team. Gives the younger mids another year and hopefully next year someone can really take owner ship of his inside role and force him out (in a good way I mean)
Why? Still starting 22. Why should he take a pay cut? Would you take a pay cut because you were getting older?

Why? Still starting 22. Why should he take a pay cut? Would you take a pay cut because you were getting older?
If I was set for life and would help the club? Yeah probably would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is why he should be allowed to make up for it. No one on here had actually explained why he should take a pay cut? Other than age.
Because I don't expect him to be best 22 this time next year

Pointless commenting. but here you go Bruce.

I just hope it was Mumford type deal with a coaching component. Against the ordinary Saints he got 15 or so possessions, kicked an important goal, could not break out of a trot and was the worst of our well beaten midfield.

I am not denigrating him. He is an out and out Champion of the Club but his wonderful, great and then better days are gone. His body has been banged on for a decade. No wonder he has slowed and is probably carrying umpteen levels of damage that will trouble him in years to come.

Pointless commenting. but here you go Bruce.

I just hope it was Mumford type deal with a coaching component. Against the ordinary Saints he got 15 or so possessions, kicked an important goal, could not break out of a trot and was the worst of our well beaten midfield.

I am not denigrating him. He is an out and out Champion of the Club but his wonderful, great and then better days are gone. His body has been banged on for a decade. No wonder he has slowed and is probably carrying umpteen levels of damage that will trouble him in years to come.

Do you understand he’s never been fast?

Do you understand he’s never been fast?
Look, I do agree with you, but it's like @ ing mtooler when complimenting Florent, your just asking for someone to disagree with you.

I think it should be celebrated that he has gotten another contract and GUH was respectful and didn't comment until prodded. I think we should just leave it at that, no need to rub it in anyone's face.

I'm very interested to see what will happen to JPK, because from my eyes he hasn't gotten worse in the last few years. He's always been slow, but he isn't being asked to be the spark in the team. Like vs Richmond, he was asked to be the big body that exploited Dusty's game and protect the youngsters. Warner, Florent, McInerney, Papley, Wicks, and Gulden were asked to play that game breaking role, which would of been impossible if Parker and JPK didn't play their role.
With he's game style I have no doubt that he could continue playing for a long time (he's size and strength will probably stay very stable over the next few years). How long until he moves on? I've got no clue at this point.

Look, I do agree with you, but it's like @ ing mtooler when complimenting Florent, your just asking for someone to disagree with you.

I think it should be celebrated that he has gotten another contract and GUH was respectful and didn't comment until prodded. I think we should just leave it at that, no need to rub it in anyone's face.

What I rub into Good Ol’ Unca’s face is like moisturiser. It’s good for his skin and keeps him on his toes.

Otherwise he’d be left looking like King Theoden under the influence of Wormtongue!

The Kennedy bloodline
The subtle proud grin from Kennedy snr to see his grandson Josh win a premiership against Hawthorn
kennedy snr.jpg

Goosebumps watching the above video

However it still annoys the s**t out of me how often associated JPK is with Hawthorn. The amount of times commentators have said things like "what a career he's had at the Hawks and Swans"... like no he didn't? He was at Hawthorn for two years and played 13 games. They don't deserve a drop of credit for his career. He's ours, **** Hawthorn.

However it still annoys the sh*t out of me how often associated JPK is with Hawthorn. The amount of times commentators have said things like "what a career he's had at the Hawks and Swans"... like no he didn't? He was at Hawthorn for two years and played 13 games. They don't deserve a drop of credit for his career. He's ours, **** Hawthorn.

And we get Emilio and Isabella.

However it still annoys the sh*t out of me how often associated JPK is with Hawthorn. The amount of times commentators have said things like "what a career he's had at the Hawks and Swans"... like no he didn't? He was at Hawthorn for two years and played 13 games. They don't deserve a drop of credit for his career. He's ours, **** Hawthorn.
agree JPK is ours, but with
a grandfather who coached 3 VFL premierships (and a legend in AFL Hall of Fame and
a father who played in 4 VFL premierships
it is quite a Hawthorn DNA to have inherited
&
And we get Emilio and Isabella.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back