Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

I too went and had a look on The Aints board. They truly are a special bunch over there. Deluded is a horrible understatement. Calling us parasites. They have been living off the AFL credit card for how long now? And 1 flag in 150 odd years and a record number of wooden spoons that will never be broken. They are a boil on the ARSE of the AFL. A despicable organisation that welcomed back, with open arms, a coach who walked out on them for a better offer after running the club into the ground.
Stupid w***ers behind me at the game adamant Webster didn’t get him high and Jy was only winded. Happened about 5 metres from where I was standing and it was horrible .

Also "Jimmy Webster is terribly remorseful"

View attachment 1919878
the rock spit GIF by WWE

If Jimmy Webster somehow miraculously doesn't get suspended long enough and plays against us in Round 8.

He won't last.

Hi all (for those that haven't seen the thread),

Some here will be aware of some "cross-pollination" with another team forum yesterday and while some rectification has been made we've been asked by the powers that be to again remind posters of their responsibilities when posting elsewhere. Each board has its own methods and tolerances on BigFooty however these all revolve around the rules of the forum (Terms and rules).

The fact is when incidences like these come up there is no onus on opposition posters to agree, some may taunt and troll but they have the safety of their own forum to do that. When we head that way to fight them there is no protection and no security for your own posting. You post there at your own risk, just like they do on the North board.

This is not to say that all posting on opposition forums by their posters is acceptable. If you see something that you think is against the rules of the website then please report it and don't respond on their forum. If you wish to escalate something then there are avenues to achieve this as well, in the link above.

The North Melbourne BigFooty board is as tribal as it gets. It's not been a pretty few years but as things start to look positive it's best we all enjoy this together and don't drop silly numbers by fighting the wrong way.

Cheers

The Filth Wizard Twinkletoes King Corey Flawed Genius

well,

The thing is, if North posters didn't come over and post drivel and insults, then they
a: wouldn't get flamed in response
b: Wouldn't get banned.

now as to why we didn't get banned?, we didn't go to another club board, and the ones who did, received similar treatment.

as to 1 flag, seriously it's not even an insult anymore, we are just so bored of that 1 thing it just highlights a lack of imagination.

as for Clarko, the word reported is the smallest part of why he's in the s**t, worse things said, in earshot of both playing and coaching groups and AFL staff.
At least university worked out this sport isn’t for them but you sad campaigners just keep hanging around. It’ll never change your one flag will be all you’ll ever win.

Now get back in your cage

Stupid w***ers behind me at the game adamant Webster didn’t get him high and Jy was only winded. Happened about 5 metres from where I was standing and it was horrible .
We all say dumb s**t at the football at times before we've had a chance to view all the replays and apply dispassionate reason and due consideration. For instance, on first look, and from the far side of the ground, my first response to this incident was to shout, "4 weeks!" I realise now how very wrong I was.

Some here will be aware of some "cross-pollination" with another team forum yesterday and while some rectification has been made we've been asked by the powers that be to again remind posters of their responsibilities when posting elsewhere. Each board has its own methods and tolerances on BigFooty however these all revolve around the rules of the forum (Terms and rules).

The fact is when incidences like these come up there is no onus on opposition posters to agree, some may taunt and troll but they have the safety of their own forum to do that. When we head that way to fight them there is no protection and no security for your own posting. You post there at your own risk, just like they do on the North board.

This is not to say that all posting on opposition forums by their posters is acceptable. If you see something that you think is against the rules of the website then please report it and don't respond on their forum. If you wish to escalate something then there are avenues to achieve this as well, in the link above.

The North Melbourne BigFooty board is as tribal as it gets. It's not been a pretty few years but as things start to look positive it's best we all enjoy this together and don't drop silly numbers by fighting the wrong way.

Cheers

Tldr; mods on other boards don't have the tiniest bit of common sense or restraint when compared to our mods. So youll have a target on your back if you choose to post.

I don't give a * whether Webster is remorseful or not. The piece of s**t decided to launch into a defenseless player like a scud missile. He's a coward and Jy will likely have to live with the physical consequences of that bump for the rest of his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers

Hi TFW,

I'm not sure if this warrants some action but this was posted on the St. Kilda board by stavro#4 yesterday morning, which I think, anyway, is out of line. In my eyes at least, it has a homophobic slant to it. Quite clearly he is referring to Danni Laidley in the bolded bits. The rest of it is just his attempt at humour by (trying) to insult us.

Hi TFW,

I'm not sure if this warrants some action but this was posted on the St. Kilda board by stavro#4 yesterday morning, which I think, anyway, is out of line. In my eyes at least, it has a homophobic slant to it. Quite clearly he is referring to Danni Laidley in the bolded bits. The rest of it is just his attempt at humour by (trying) to insult us.

Thanks Horace, I've reported it. Definitely a poor post.

Hi TFW,

Some special water in the tanks at North.

By my last count, you are the club who:

- sacked your greatest ever player - because he was smashing his best mates and vice captains wife in the toilet of the home of the greatest shin boner of all time.

- only club to appoint a coach and head * them so bad they decide to transition.

- a club who has spent the past 50 years celebrating thug acts such as websters to the point you have glorified dog s**t footballers. Archer, Ziebell, Micky Martyn, Firrito

- repeatedly “supported” a young players issues with interacting/abusing women in the form of contract extensions until you have to sack him… and then tell him how much he was missed by your female president in the open of Moorabbin yesterday.

- a club who’s only belief of winning another flag is by nuking their list and crying poor so that the AFL provides repeated handouts.

- a club who celebrated the employment of a coach, who now has a truly ****ed up link to systemic racism

But…. Hey by all means. Have a crack at us.

My personal favourite was #2 by the way. That takes something special to achieve.

Like Gift Quote Reply
Lol, the Saints have had the biggest thugs in the history of footy. Jim O'Dea, Robbie Muir, Carl Ditterich, Tony Locket, Barry Hall and Stephen Baker were out and out dirty pieces of shite. The player he listed from North were just tough and never sniped behind play or when the oppo player wasn't looking. The Saints are the biggest losers and snipers and deserve the accolade of the laughing stock of the AFL. Now get me a picture of the Saints holding the Cup in their colours and I'll shut up

Hi TFW,

Hahahaha wtf stavro. campaigners clearly got some issues to work through.
Hope they can get the help and support they need.

Anyway, this has got to be one of the weirdest blow ups (the Webster hit and clarko swearing) I’ve seen. Storm in a tea cup s**t, I think everyone is itching for the real stuff to start. Preseason drags on for far too long

Real shame, but we can see where this is going for the bump. With concussions taking players out for weeks and ending careers early, a 3x would be a min. Rocksucker will get at least 6 weeks. Dumb mistake im sure he regrets, but thats a steep penalty for something that was nothing more than a free kick not long ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back