VFL 16 a side scratch match VS Collingwood. Wednesday June 10 @5:30pm - Will it be televised?

Na thats still rubbish sorry. They have a 100k seated stadium and a responsibility to their supporters, hell the AFL themselves should have had one of their hack journos live tweeting.

In this day and age i'm incredibly surprised they dropped the ball with this. Its only minor i know but cant help but think they have held it back so they get the biggest build up possible for tonight

Sorry for the intrusion but I think you could be spot on with that last sentence.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the other scratch matches get some sort of exposure, due to location or tweets etc.

Either way, hopefully it changes and we all get something next week.

Sorry for the intrusion but I think you could be spot on with that last sentence.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the other scratch matches get some sort of exposure, due to location or tweets etc.

Either way, hopefully it changes and we all get something next week.
Both clubs are too well run for it to be anything else.

Disappointing on the AFL's behalf then

RCD will be best long term

That could be a big call. They offer completely different packages, but I'm hoping we get 2 solid AFL mids out of them. If Dow ends up similar in impact to Sheds RCD has an enormous hill to climb. If he climbs it we've got 2 A graders. :thumbsu:

Most of our midfielders are low possession players. We don’t really place high priority on it.

Sort of true. But we are also a low possession team. The million handballs ot players under pressure and blind kicks our of congestion is what we avoid. We're extremely efficient. Our efficiency leads to lower possessions. And also we spread the love a bit more. Almost anyone is in the action at times.

Hopefully Ross or Graham can become big numbers getters

Lambert might go a higher level too to full beast mode
I don't think Graham & Lambert will change the way they play. Ross is has the potential to get more or less of the ball depending on what part of the ground he plays. He is obviously going to have difficulty getting past Graham and the like

RCD will be best long term
I have not seen much of RCD; but his low numbers do make it seem like he may have a hard road ahead. The small amount I saw of him last year demonstrated that he is very skillful when he does get the ball but I haven't seen enough of him to understand why he didn't get much of the ball . Does anyone know if he found the ball enough as a junior? I just hope he doesn't end up being a player like Griff. Had all the skills in the world but far too often he was where the ball wasn't - when he should've had made an impact on the contest. Love it if someone can advise if RCD has previously won enough of his own ball (or presented enough) in the past - and is just still developing to AFL level as a young bloke.

I have not seen much of RCD; but his low numbers do make it seem like he may have a hard road ahead. The small amount I saw of him last year demonstrated that he is very skillful when he does get the ball but I haven't seen enough of him to understand why he didn't get much of the ball . Does anyone know if he found the ball enough as a junior? I just hope he doesn't end up being a player like Griff. Had all the skills in the world but far too often he was where the ball wasn't - when he should've had made an impact on the contest. Love it if someone can advise if RCD has previously won enough of his own ball (or presented enough) in the past - and is just still developing to AFL level as a young bloke.

and some of this could be due to a lack of conditioning in not being able to get to enough contests i think ....

RCD was a very young recruit , plays a style of game that will demand he bulks up before be can bring it to first grade
showed promise in the VFL finals , which is a step up from VFL home and away, naturally
points well to his future , but yes still a wait and see type prospect

can be hard to shine in our VFL compared to some other clubs
for seasons now we've been at the top or near top of the ladder
it has been studded with experienced players like Lloyd, Miles and Townsend who are above VFL level and command the ball
they also employ a similar game plan to the seniors which means the both the ball and game time is shared around a lot
so you do have to watch the VFL carefully to pick those who are "ready"

I wont make a call as to RCD making it or not but I'm excited by the potential talent they have accumulated on the list
so much deeper than 2000 - 2015

its a great time to be a Tigers supporter :)

Didnt get much of it as a junior. He strikes me as a high impact low possession player, will become one of those run 15-20 then roost it another 50 players or dash out of the centre slotting a goal like he did in the ressies GF a few times. Don't think he'll ever be a ball pig, but if he can get it 18-20 times a game he will have significant impact. Most games last year he was low teens numbers which is just too low

Most of our midfielders are low possession players. We don’t really place high priority on it.
RCD does not get enough pill for a midfielder and I'll put my neck out here, he will not make it as a player. Hope I'm wrong.

RCD had low possession rate in TAC. I was shocked we picked him. Lowest average of all top midfielders in the draft. 13.5 if I rightly remember. Does not contribute enough. Hard to see this changing. You can teach skills but it's difficult to teach a player to find the pill.

Gosh you love to hate on RCD every post.we get it you think he is no good 😀
You are wrong. I don't hate him. Just doubt that a player with low possession rate will improve enough to be effective at AFL level. I really hope I'm wrong and I want to give him his chance. Just have real doubts he'll improve enough.

RCD had low possession rate in TAC. I was shocked we picked him. Lowest average of all top midfielders in the draft. 13.5 if I rightly remember. Does not contribute enough. Hard to see this changing. You can teach skills but it's difficult to teach a player to find the pill.
I don't know about that. By the time I was 26 or 27 I finally seemed to get to the right position enough to get decent number of possessions in the SES 2nd Div. Went from getting 5 to 10 a game to 20+ a game. Was still very average SES 2nd Div level at my very best. Hopefully it clicks for RCD a bit more quickly.

RCD does not get enough pill for a midfielder and I'll put my neck out here, he will not make it as a player. Hope I'm wrong.
Josh P Kennedy had similar low numbers when he was at hawthorn but once he grew confidence and into his body he became one of the best inside mids in the comp

RCD still has plenty of time

He got my attention in the VFL GF last year, his impact on the game as a mid was huge and only had about 15 touches from memory.
He’ll get more of it as he builds his fitness improves his positioning etc.. But with RCD I think it’ll be about the impact he can have as a big bodied mid rather than numbers.

Back