Player Watch #19: Griffin 'Gus the Goose-stepper’ Logue - recovering well from ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Special mention to the NMFC list management team for using 7 of our last first round picks on midfielders and totally ignoring our need for key position depth.

You deserve a raise !!!

Just a reminder that several of them quit last year and trashed the club in the media on their way out, as if they had done a great job.

Horrible news for Griffin, I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Terrible luck for the NMFC, he has been one of the bright spots in another disappointing season.

Knew it was coming but it's still sad to hear. Wishing Griff a full recovery.
This curse might hold us back a few seasons but I don't think any of us are thinking we're going to be challenging for the eight until 2026-27 at this rate.
All we can do is draft some young key defenders regardless of whether McKay stays or goes. Find some stop gaps via 3rd/4th round picks and or delisted/SSP players. Surely we could rookie at least two state league defenders that are 21-26 year olds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that I've had some time to process...

Yeah, this *ing sucks.

Griffin Logue was probably top 5 in Syd Barker count to this point in the season for my money - that's how consistent and effective he had been in defense for us. Arguably our most under-rated player, both by NMFC supporters but also the AFL world at large.

On a personal note, my daughter learned his name because I would talk about him and point him out a lot when watching games together. So when we went to NMFC training this past weekend, she recognised him and asked him for a photo and he was just super nice. Couldn't have made a better impression on a 4 year old girl just beginning her love affair with footy.

PXL_20230708_004242795.jpg

Now that I've had some time to process...

Yeah, this *ing sucks.

Griffin Logue was probably top 5 in Syd Barker count to this point in the season for my money - that's how consistent and effective he had been in defense for us. Arguably our most under-rated player, both by NMFC supporters but also the AFL world at large.

Well said

Gutted , Griff has been great for us . What a brutal 5 or so years it’s been for us the members / supporters and the club itself .

We will bounce back no doubt and when we do these types times will make it so much sweeter … we will be back , Stay strong shinboners .

Ok I've calmed down some what, now he can't run, or change direction or kick, but blardy heck since when has that ever stopped someone being selected to play for the mighty NMFC?

Normal transmission has resumed, he's playing next week.

Going off some of the reactions, it may be more complicated than that. May need a resurrection.

Just a reminder that several of them quit last year and trashed the club in the media on their way out, as if they had done a great job.

To add to this reminder one of them now works at a golf club and also moonlights at St Kilda and you just know he is a superstar at the golf factory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back