Player Watch #19: Griffin 'Gus the Goose-stepper’ Logue - recovering well from ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure there's a player on our list we could less afford to lose to a long term injury.

Shattered for him.
Larkey for sure. We have no KPF depth. At least in defence we have Corr, Dawson, Bonar, Young, etc. None of them are top talent world beaters, but they have some idea of how to play in defence.

The issue isn’t using first round picks on midfielders.
Technically in the last seven drafts we've had three small/medium forwards and four mids.

Well five - we drafted Judas and Warlord with two draft picks but technically they're the same mid. WE would have only ever had one of them not both. So four really.

But all three of those forwards were talented and/or hard working enough to play in the midfield.

Before that we drafted a KPD.

If the club made the call to let McKay walk, regardless of the Logue injury, it's an admission that we won't be any good for at least another 3+ years, as that's how long it will take for any KPD to develop. I find this mindboggling list management

If the club made the call to let McKay walk, regardless of the Logue injury, it's an admission that we won't be any good for at least another 3+ years, as that's how long it will take for any KPD to develop. I find this mindboggling list management
The midboggling list management is also having ONLY 2 genuine key backs & 2 genuine key forwards on the list. We havent drafted one of either in 3 drafts? Dawson in the mid-season draft is the closest we have come, and i don't consider him a genuine key defender.

Well, that does somewhat depend on who - if anyone - mature comes in as well. There is nothing saying that we can only bring in 18 year olds. Fair question to ask though absolutely and players will be watching how we handle this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile *Luke McDonald putting his fifth sock on his caterpillar… ‘Oh. You mean that’s not what we’re doing here?’

Not sure if they will bring him back earlier than the 12 months so looks like Round 16 or 17 next year.
Round 17 sounds good to me. Will be cherry ripe as we make our run deep into the finals.

Yes I'm delusional I know, but its okay to be delusional from October to March. The reality months are too long, to not enjoy the other months.

And i may have meant the AFLW finals next year

Round 17 sounds good to me. Will be cherry ripe as we make our run deep into the finals.

Yes I'm delusional I know, but its okay to be delusional from October to March. The reality months are too long, to not enjoy the other months.

And i may have meant the AFLW finals next year
To your credit. Anything could happen. Go Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back