Player Watch #19: Griffin 'Gus the Goose-stepper’ Logue - recovering well from ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep many come back in 9-10 months
If he came back to play VFL for a half a game after 9 months (which is early April) and then built up his match fitness over 4 weeks, that would see him back for Round 9 in early May. Our bye is Round 12 so even conservatively, it would be realistic to expect him playing by Round 13. That's vs West Coast on June 8 and almost exactly 11 months since his injury.

If he came back to play VFL for a half a game after 9 months (which is early April) and then built up his match fitness over 4 weeks, that would see him back for Round 9 in early May. Our bye is Round 12 so even conservatively, it would be realistic to expect him playing by Round 13. That's vs West Coast on June 8 and almost exactly 11 months since his injury.
Oh snap

So he did the ACL early July.

9 months brings us up to April.

Meaning best case scenario is he's available to play rounds 4 or 5?
Yep round 4-5 (vfl for a couple weeks, griff is an aerobic beast but give him a few for touch)
I’d say around round 7-8 in the afl

To your credit. Anything could happen. Go Roos
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

12 months is the maximum. 9 months is usually best case prognosis. It looks like Grif is doing everything right.
Tom Doedee looks like he could play round one (even though he won't) so I will take 9 months but happy to wait the 12. Would hate to bring him back to early.

Last edited:
12 months is the maximum. 9 months is usually best case prognosis. It looks like Grif is doing everything right.

Yep for athletes tracking well it's usually 9 months to full training and then 4-8 week block of full uninterrupted training before they release you to play in a match. Somewhere between 10-11 months usually.

America is weird and risky but most other parts of the world won't even think about clearing someone before 9 months due to graft maturity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep for athletes tracking well it's usually 9 months to full training and then 4-8 week block of full uninterrupted training before they release you to play in a match. Somewhere between 10-11 months usually.

America is weird and risky but most other parts of the world won't even think about clearing someone before 9 months due to graft maturity.
Totally agree with you unfortunately from experience. Just a quick one can you or anyone remember a long time ago Libba did his and was back in record time a different type of knee surgery if i remember was it called LARS, don't think it ended or that well long term if my memory is correct. Better of doing the full 12 months like you say.

Totally agree with you unfortunately from experience. Just a quick one can you or anyone remember a long time ago Libba did his and was back in record time a different type of knee surgery if i remember was it called LARS, don't think it ended or that well long term if my memory is correct. Better of doing the full 12 months like you say.
Nah I say rush him back for Round 1. If we don't start strong then we can kiss a Top 4 finish goodbye and maybe even finals at all. #whateverittakes

Twice for me brother 😔

Yeah LARS is basically gone now, they weren't lasting.

Griffin Logue has now completed a four-week, high-intensity block of gym work and on-field footy function. The key back is still slated to make his comeback in around 9-10 weeks.

"Across this next phase he will look to taper down and absorb that block before we put him through his clearance testing in a few weeks," White said

Logue - Comben - Dawson + the right mix of mediums and smalls seems like a pretty solid defending group.

2nd half of the year might not be so bad, we might even string a few wins together 🤯🤯
Yeah. We're skinny now but based on how Comben rolled out game 1 in an AFL level backline that 3 part combo actually looks like a decent lineup the day after it happens. Just have to hang in there.

Yeah. We're skinny now but based on how Comben rolled out game 1 in an AFL level backline that 3 part combo actually looks like a decent lineup the day after it happens. Just have to hang in there.

Soon enough it'll all be about "How have North miraculously fixed their back and forward lines while neglecting their dysfunctional midfield?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back