1st Test Australia v Pakistan Dec 14-18 1250hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Helmet complacency is a thing. Ideally the helmet should be there to protect players from freak occurrences, unfortunately I think it's inevitable it gives players the confidence to take on short deliveries they don't really have any business trying to play a shot to.

Oh most definitely.
I’m not much of a cricketer: a classic NZ type bits and pieces first/second change bowler who has batted seven most of their career any time they have played at what could loosely be termed a ‘higher’ grade but it forced to nominate any sort of strength as a batsman it would be playing short bowling and it’s not to do with having some Ricky Ponting esque level of wizardry, I simply was never able to comfortably wear a helmet as a kid so you just learned to develop a technique of being wary of the ball and the pitch and knowing when it’s safe to play a shot and what kind of shot that should be and in all honesty it’s been around 23 years since I’ve been hit anywhere around the head. Ironic because that’s higher than both my average and the average speed of bowling I’m facing in miles per hour but hey that’s a discussion for another time…..

In 2019 he seemed too slow for most AUS pitches, but maybe that had to do with their bowling lineup generally being poor.
He’s definitely more suited to English pitches, but he’s a clever bowler. Would certainly be useful for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much in the pitch, Vic batters were going at fair tick. Bald spinner for Pakistan copped a hammering early, but fixed his length later and was unlucky not to get a wicket. Quicks looked sharp. Vic batters didn’t seem troubled by much but got out to silly shots. An enjoyable afternoon, bugger cricket Victoria for not letting us in the stands, bunch of cowards

Not much in the pitch, Vic batters were going at fair tick. Bald spinner for Pakistan copped a hammering early, but fixed his length later and was unlucky not to get a wicket. Quicks looked sharp. Vic batters didn’t seem troubled by much but got out to silly shots. An enjoyable afternoon, bugger cricket Victoria for not letting us in the stands, bunch of cowards
Bullshit and shortsighted decision by a rabble of an organisation that couldn’t organise a root in a brothel

Screenshot_20231223-131222.png

They had two day's notice? And how many people would have attended? A few dozen? Hundreds?

I can understand CV just saying no on this one.

View attachment 1877334

They had two day's notice? And how many people would have attended? A few dozen? Hundreds?

Even if no spectators, doesn’t fully explain the lack of media/streaming. They just put it in the too hard basket.

View attachment 1877334

Lovely day in St Kilda, fair few people out and about, would’ve got a few - would also have just been a fun thing to do, good for the community you know

Back