Player Watch 2. Dylan Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

I read lolnorf talking about how he couldn't believe Sheds was on a list.

Clearly our list is woeful, bottom four etc.
Its beautiful that so many still think we have a weak list, the years of disrespect for Richmond leaves so many underating us its actually a laugh, we may just slip under the radar again and grab back to backs.

are we the only people who rate him ??
it seems like we are having some sort of collective hysteria about this bloke or is it just that everyone else is blind?

As someone else said in another thread it's the lag effect. Last year confirmed what everyone thought they knew about the Tigers. this year however is an abbberation hence the hysteria about playing in geelong and the crows at the G because we need an excuse to win a premiership unlike the Hawks who all knew were a good team.

If we back it up again next year, which I think we can as we are much more mature and well rounded group then the dogs, Grimes will be AA.

are we the only people who rate him ??
it seems like we are having some sort of collective hysteria about this bloke or is it just that everyone else is blind?
Snake baker thinks he is s**t but he's also a clueless cretin

Forgive the intrusion guys, I was notified of Grimes by my Richmond-supporting brother a while back. So took a closer look this season.

My conclusion is that he's got to be the most improved player in the competition. Great defensively, quick, good disposal, and always calm. Absolutely ideal attributes for a defender. What's more remarkable is that it seems the majority of the media still haven't noticed. Considering the profile that Toby Greene and Eddie Betts have, you would think they might have glanced once or twice at the player who nullified both in successive weeks. Apparently not.

Put if this way, if I wanted to go into hiding, I'd wear a Richmond number 2 on my back. You can star throughout the season, star in finals, completely obliterate very dangerous opponents, and still not get noticed at all. Rather impressive really.

He is an absolute gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgive the intrusion guys, I was notified of Grimes by my Richmond-supporting brother a while back. So took a closer look this season.

My conclusion is that he's got to be the most improved player in the competition. Great defensively, quick, good disposal, and always calm. Absolutely ideal attributes for a defender. What's more remarkable is that it seems the majority of the media still haven't noticed. Considering the profile that Toby Greene and Eddie Betts have, you would think they might have glanced once or twice at the player who nullified both in successive weeks. Apparently not.

Put if this way, if I wanted to go into hiding, I'd wear a Richmond number 2 on my back. You can star throughout the season, star in finals, completely obliterate very dangerous opponents, and still not get noticed at all. Rather impressive really.

He is an absolute gun.

Ripping bloke, and amazing clubman to boot.

Appreciate your post.

He is an absolute gun.
His opponents never notice him either.
9G3DlbT.gif

He is an absolute gun.
He is a old fashioned defender. Doesn't get a lot of the ball but does defensive jobs. The beauty of him is he is tall but he blankets dangerous small forwards. His & Astbury's & Ellis's bumps last week were uber aggro. All of them, and Kamdyn were quieter in the grand final. But their opponents (Tex, Jenkins Eddie, Cameron) kicked 4 goals between them

He is an absolute gun.
Tall rebounders get the commentators going. Rampe is a classic, unfortunately when he was asked to actually defend Sydney found out he was s**t at it, Lever on the weekend also struggled with body on body dealing with the offensive might of...Jacob Townsend. I looked at the AA backline and thought Rance had his work cut out for him there, he'd have five other blokes lining up in the slot ten meters from the closest forward.

So underrated and I'm happy to keep it that way - means nobody will try and poach him. When he's been on the park he's been so reliable, both offensively and defensively, for so long.

It is announced that Dylan Grimes just re-signed alongside Nankervis!

the extension of Nanks contract is interesting considering he signed for 3 years last year

Grimes never in doubt, what a man.

Grimes never in doubt, what a man.
I thought we were going to have a bit of a wait with him, but apparently not. That leaves Townsend, Broad, Grigg and Houli (the latter two who are among our more senior players) the only ones left from our Premiership side.

I thought we were going to have a bit of a wait with him, but apparently not. That leaves Townsend, Broad, Grigg and Houli (the latter two who are among our more senior players) the only ones left from our Premiership side.

Grigg and Houli are old enough that they'll probably be left to the end of the year and given 1 year deals (repeat as required). They might get 1 more 'real' deal each, but it wont be huge (2 years, 3 tops).

Townsend got a 1 year deal to cover 2018, so I doubt we'll be hearing more about him contractually for a while.

Broad...well, I doubt the club really wants to remind anyone he's on our list right now so I doubt we'll hear anything about him in any context. The deal might be done, but I doubt we'll hear anything until mid year at the earliest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back