Player Watch 2. Dylan Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

His form has definitely dropped off this year. I dunno why but I have a feeling he may retire end of this year. Its just a hunch but he seems like the type of person who wouldn't play on if his body is in decline, he also has other things going on in his life outside football.
No chance. He's locked in for a few more seasons. Just needs a dose of confidence.

one of the coaches gave in a vote, still holding his own easily.

Cool, must be the first votes he has had all year. He has 100% dropped off a level this year its not even debatable. Our backline has gone from elite to below average in 2 years - that can only happen if the players within that system decline.

"Holding your own" does not really help your team achieve anything more than "holding its own" which is.....9th.

I expect he will retire next season or the one following. His decline this season has been really noticeable. He will be a huge huge loss.

Anyone notice we actually played better when he went off?

I hate myself for saying that but I think Grimes sometimes tries to do too much & cover for players like Rance did but ends up forgetting about defending his opponent which is my opinion is what made him great as a defender being very accountable for his opponent.

Last edited:
Anyone notice we actually played better when he went off?

I hate myself for saying that but I think Grimes sometimes tries to do too much & cover for players like Rance did but ends up forgetting about defending his opponent which is my opinion is what made him great as defender being very accountable for his opponent.
Not wrong. Just needs to settle and do his bit. Our defence was better without Rance bc everyone stepped up instead of him trying to do all.
The hammy May end up a blessing in disguise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His loss wont hurt as much as it used to - I think we can cover his performance fine, but its the guidance to his teammates we will miss most.

We actually might get better with him out, purely as it likely means Balta will play down back

Just wanna point out that Balta had already been moved back before Grimes hurt himself. I remember noticing it before Grimes's injury.

Dimma obviously realised Miller wasn't doing too well, and swapped him and Balta (took longer than it should have). Didn't you guys notice Miller forward and then also in the ruck a few times?

So I wonder if the Grimes injury will mean Miller has to go back again to replace him and we bring in Soldo as back up ruck, or if we bring back Gibcus for Grimes and keep Miller forward + backup ruck.

His loss wont hurt as much as it used to - I think we can cover his performance fine, but its the guidance to his teammates we will miss most.

We actually might get better with him out, purely as it likely means Balta will play down back
As long as we bring in a small.

We will probably bring in Soldo lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back