2007 AFL Grand Final - Geelong v Port Adelaide (The Grand Final the type of game we usually lose)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are in big trouble....Grant Thomas will say so in 5 mins on F C.
That will be a good thing. Grant Thomas saying something is going to happen is known to slightly increase the chances of the opposite happening.

That will be a good thing. Grant Thomas saying something is going to happen is known to slightly increase the chances of the opposite happening.

Spot on. He said we should drop Hawkins, and the Tomahawk ended up as arguably the best big forward on the ground last night. I wonder what pearls of wisdom GT will have for us this week.

I hear there'll be some interesting selection problems this week, with the selection committee having a tough choice between King and Blake. Who do you think should be in?

You Geelong supporters must speak Swahili, I am not really sure if this is a negative thread or not. :confused:

You are there again with the chance to take the ultimate prize.

Congratulations to you all and your club and good luck in the Grand Final :)

Thanks Rimmer, are we going to win we are going to sh*t it in
GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu::)

Spot on. He said we should drop Hawkins, and the Tomahawk ended up as arguably the best big forward on the ground last night. I wonder what pearls of wisdom GT will have for us this week.

How sweet it was having to watch GT eat his own words about Hawkins last night.

I wonder how he's viewed the finals series of Milne and Kosi so far?

I'm not sure if my fragile mental state could hack 2 grand final losses in a row! Carn Cats!

I have confidence in the team for sure, it's just the Rugby "limit the oppositions skill" game style of St Kilda which I am a bit concerned about. On paper we are a better team and if we play to the best of our abilities we should win.

Also if it rains, I'm hoping we can adapt better to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it very funny how the Saints supporters are talking about our 'underdone' guys like Ottens, Kelly, Chapman, Dog and Harley.

Otto's played seven matches in a row now and is clearly about to hit premium match fitness. I'm backing him to have a huge game on Saturday.

Kelly's played three in a row and hasn't missed a beat.

Chappy's kicked a lazy 7 goals and had 44 possessions in our two finals.

Dog won't be at his peak this week, but is clearly injury free (just lacking match fitness) and a contribution like he made against the Pies will be most appreciated.

Harley hasn't been injured for weeks and was managed through the second half of the season, such as being rested against the Dogs in round 21 (this was planned in advance for months).

Compare it with the likes of Riewoldt and his knee injury, Hayes and his various ankle/elbow complaints and apparently Gram copped a heavy hit on the hip last week and would miss this week if it was H&A.

Call me crazy but... aren't they carrying the players most likely to break down?

I'll be honest and say I have a split decision in preference.

Watching the Media's, BigFooty's, Geelong's reaction to only winning 1 out of 3 would be so entertaining and a guilty pleasure of mine.

However, watching St Kilda have such a great year and blowing it again after 40+ years would result in the same entertainment + torture rights.

I guess either way, the AFL gets entertainment. :thumbsu: :)

This thread WASN'T bumped last year though, Catman. Look what happened!

So that's what happened!

St. Kilda will be very tough to beat. There's not really a weakness in their line up and they have several stars.

The odds are skewed because of the prelims. St Kilda had a much tougher job getting past the Doggies than we did against an undermanned Pies with several out of form players.

I reckon it will be a real scrap for 4 quarters and we will need to kick straight to win the game.

The cats and saints are playing off in the big one! Still hasn't quite sunk in yet for me, but come Saturday afternoon, well, it will be a special day no matter what the result.:thumbsu: Will end in tears though, that much is for sure!:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back