2011 Emirates Melbourne Cup......nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

The horses change but the picture is just the same:

681663-melbourne-cup-photo-finish.gif

Gutted.

Had Field boxed for 1st and 1, 3 & 9 boxed to make placings on 1st 4 @ 20%.

I never want to see that shot again!

How could an experienced punter seriously think Glass Harmonium had any chance of winning?

Never said I was an experienced punter in horse racing. I don't bet on horses as much as others but I do cap other sports. It's just there are so many people who never bet that always win big on Melb Cup. I never have any luck!

Ironically, Craig Williams, the guy who's been in the news all week, has the horse he should have ridden on today, won

... and to the French influence of the Cup

"Allez vous faire enculer!" :mad:

How could an experienced punter seriously think Glass Harmonium had any chance of winning?

Sean Bartholemew was on big time. As was Dominic Burn. Aren't you a great judge in hindsight.

Makinnon winners are usually $5 in the Cup. At 41-1 he was worth a try. There was no evidence to suggest he would or wouldn't run the trip.

In the positive after Dunaden's win. AFS did nothing wasnt happy when him and Niwot seemed more interested in biting eachother through the race rather than racing.

Probably should have been a deadt heat, Rodd half way through his bob of the head.

Wouldnt you be stoked with Red Cadeaux each way

I had Red at 10 each way. Not stoked. Place didn't pay for my bets and trifectas.... about $80 short.

That loss cost me $500 bucks. It should have been a deadheat.

I had Red at 10 each way. Not stoked. Place didn't pay for my bets and trifectas.

Cost me $500 bucks.

It should have been a deadheat.

It's always the problem backing more than one horse in the race.

Having a 100/1 shot but backing 4 others means your odds are really only 20/1.

It's always the problem backing more than one horse in the race.

Having a 100/1 shot but backing 4 others means your odds are really only 20/1.

Probably not quite that bad, but I know what you mean. It depends of course what the other horses odds are etc.

I won on Viewed and I keep saying to myself that this is the other side of that day. You can't have both.

But yeah, I can't help myself. I usually back about 4 horses straight out. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sean Bartholemew was on big time. As was Dominic Burn. Aren't you a great judge in hindsight.

Makinnon winners are usually $5 in the Cup. At 41-1 he was worth a try. There was no evidence to suggest he would or wouldn't run the trip.

To be fair Bartholemew is a moron with too much money. Everyone said that GH wouldnt run the trip. There was evidence in every run he wouldnt get the trip, just look in Seths Melb Cup formtalk, there probably wasnt anyone who gave it a chance. The Idiot also backed Saptapadi, Shamrocker & Gave older than time a chance. I'm not sure the guy even owns a formguide to be honest. Its all in the other thread so you cant scream hindsight when we all said it yesterday.

Many people still in the quaddie?
What are approx divs?

If Studley Park wins the next im gonna neck myself

I'm still alive in the quaddie, with 1,2,6,8,14.

Previous history suggests these horses will finish in positions 2-6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back