Certified Legendary Thread 2012 Grand Final: Sydney v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

The momentum shifts in this game were pretty crazy too. Hawthorn started well kicking 4 of the first 5 goals, then we kicked 8 in a row before Hawthorn responded with 7 of the next 8, we finished it off with the last 4 in a row to win it.

When Hale kicked his 2nd early in the last I thought we were done, not gonna lie.

The momentum shifts in this game were pretty crazy too. Hawthorn started well kicking 4 of the first 5 goals, then we kicked 8 in a row before Hawthorn responded with 7 of the next 8, we finished it off with the last 4 in a row to win it.

When Hale kicked his 2nd early in the last I thought we were done, not gonna lie.
Same! We were so lucky they gave away a 50 to McVeigh and he capitalised because Hawthorn had all the momentum at that stage.

That 2012 side had a lot of heart. Kept at it till the end.

Last kick of the game was to Alex Johnson. Footy gods were cruel to him after that.

One of my favourite Swans related videos... the bit where Hanners gathers from Jetta (3min mark) and goals still gives me shivers every single time.

Content Warning: Gerard Whateley is the first thing you'll see. But making up for it is the jubilation from us, the disappointment from Clarko, Hodge et al.

O' Keefe, Hannebery, Kennedy and McVeigh - what a midfield performance

And Jetta with maybe the best 12 possession Grand Final ever. So many scores in the 2nd quarter from his creation iirc.

Last kick of the game was to Alex Johnson. Footy gods were cruel to him after that.
He was in Normie discussion at half time …. So glad for him he got that game … but who would have predicted what followed, especially when you consider how innocuous the first injury was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite Swans related videos... the bit where Hanners gathers from Jetta (3min mark) and goals still gives me shivers every single time.

Content Warning: Gerard Whateley is the first thing you'll see. But making up for it is the jubilation from us, the disappointment from Clarko, Hodge et al.

Duck it, I want this again…

What I'd really like to see is the show (I think it was on fox) where they talked to the John and the boys and they reflect/relive the grand final.

I've looked and looked and never been able to find it... can't remember what it was called now... :(

Last edited:
What I'd really like to see is the show (I think it was on fox) where they talked to the John and the boys and they reflect/relive the grand final.

I've looked and looked and never been able to find it... can't remember what it was called now... :(
I have it saved on my Foxtel box. If you have any idea how i can get it from that onto a stick, I could give it a try.

I have it saved on my Foxtel box. If you have any idea how i can get it from that onto a stick, I could give it a try.
Would love but have no idea how you saved it on your Foxtel, let alone how to transfer it to a stick... lol!

I may have this saved somewhere. If I find I’ll try to upload to YouTube

Remove this Banner Ad

Back