NFL 2012 NFL - Week 13

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still trying to catch-up with updated stories, so im a bit behind...

Jim Morris ‏@JimMorris_AL
Rolando McLain says he “will weigh options” after leaving Oakland. #NFL
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Kyle Burger‏@kyle_burger
Former Bama LB Rolando McClain no longer with OAK. He writes: I’m gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual ‘team’.

When the Philadelphia Eagles waived veteran defensive end Jason Babin on Tuesday, it set off a mad dash to see which team would be awarded Babin on a waiver claim.

In the end, the Jacksonsville Jaguars were awarded Babin, based on their having the second-worst record in the league. Waiver claims are awarded in reverse order of records.

The Kansas City Chiefs had first crack at Babin, but they passed. The Jaguars were next in line, and they jumped.

At first, it was reported that the Raiders were one of eight teams that placed a claim on Babin. The league’s personnel notice confirmed that only the Jaguars, Bills and Redskins placed claims on Babin.

Reading this, it seems like McClain is fed up with the coaching staff and has said something and gotten in the doghouse, not released as such, not yet, or maybe wont be released but traded in off-season?...

Middle linebacker Rolando McClain posted this on what some local and Alabama reporters think is his Facebook wall an hour ago: “Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!”

McClain later posted a clarification: “Well technically I am. But I’m mentally done. Just waiting on my papers.”

The thread was then erased at about 3:35 p.m.

Kyle Burger, a sports reporter/anchor at WVTM-TV, earlier reported that McClain is no longer with the Raiders. Burger tweeted that McClain writes: ‘I’m gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual ‘team.’

The Raiders have not waived McClain as the waiver deadline for today passed, and he was not on the list.

The team will only say that McClain is still on the roster.

Earlier Wednesday, McClain missed practice due to “team-related issues,” Raiders coach Dennis Allen said.

Allen wouldn’t offer up any details or comments on the matter. When asked if McClain would be back at practice Thursday, Allen said, “I don’t know that.”

McClain was the eighth overall pick in the 2010 draft. He has struggled so far in his career and has had his playing time sharply reduced after the fourth game of the season.

He is due to have a salary cap number of $6.675 million in ’13, $8.475 million in ’14 and $5.085 million in ’15.

Omar Gaither, who the Raiders signed Nov. 14, appears to be the only man standing on the roster at middle linebacker and would step in for McClain. He was a fifth-round pick of the Eagles in 2006 and spent this year’s training camp with the Texans, but he was never put on their 53-man roster.

The Raiders will be Gaither’s third team in his six year career. The Tennessee alumnus played his first five seasons for the Eagles, and last year, was a member of the Panthers, playing in 10 games and recording 31 total tackles.

Okay, from Bill Williamson (ESPN AFC West Writer)...

Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain has been informed by the team that he will be released on Thursday, according to a source.

McClain, the eighth overall pick in the 2010 draft, was held out of practice Wednesday because of an undisclosed team-related issue.

Coach Dennis Allen would give no more information about why he held McClain out. Allen said he did not know if McClain would practice Thursday.

McClain reportedly wrote on his Facebook page he no longer was a Raider, then deleted the post.

McClain has struggled under Oakland's new coaching staff, and has had his playing time sharply reduced in recent weeks. McClain's best year with the Raiders came in 2011, when he registered 99 tackles and five sacks.

I read the last post on the previous page and laughed at you saying there were rumours that he might be cut because I'd already read the series of Facebook posts he made :D

I cant recall a player laying into their "former" team like that before they're even gone.

I speculate he's ripped into the HC/DC and they put him in the doghouse. They might cut him Thursday, to take a disciplinarian stand, or they might hold onto him rest of the season and try to trade him in the off-season. As I've said too much tonight....McClain will attract waiver claims or even a trade partner, as he's a former first rounder, obviously has latent ability/talent that coaches will feel they can get out of him. I think he could succeed at another team, one running a 3-4, as he's not so good being an island in a 4-3.

Also this is pretty cool...

Atlanta airport workers egg Saints bus

gty_eggs_jef_120727_wg-e1354159161626.jpg

If it’s not a rivalry, we’d hate to see what would happen if it were.

Via WWL-TV, multiple Saints players indicated via Twitter on Wednesday night that workers at the Atlanta airport egged the Saints bus after the team arrived from New Orleans for Thursday night’s game at the Georgia Dome.

A team source confirms that, indeed, eggs were hurled at the bus by workers at the airport.

It’s fitting that they chose eggs, given that the Saints are going for a dozen wins in their last 14 games against the Falcons.

As I said in raiders forum...

Teams often renegotiate bloated contracts to trade for a player. With McClain eager to leave, it would make him eager to renegotiate his contract, make it more appealing for his trade suitor. I can see the Raiders not waiving him, and trying to get at least some kind of pick for him next season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravens or Giants (apparently they wanted to draft him) where he ends up.

PFT on Titus Young

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Chilo Rachal?

The human witches hat himself!

Another Singletary disaster, came out of college early, apparently for family financial pressures due to a signifiant illness in the family. Whilst this is noble in itself, he never managed to use his potential to become an NFL star. The 49ers ended up replacing him with an undrafted FA and haven't looked back.

I hear he has now walked out on the Bears as a result of the MNF debacle cost him his starting job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he could succeed at another team, one running a 3-4, as he's not so good being an island in a 4-3.
McClain really is a 3-4 player being misued in a 4-3 defence.
How would he go at a team like GB? With all our injuries I'm hoping we at least consider looking at him.

I speculate he's ripped into the HC/DC and they put him in the doghouse. They might cut him Thursday, to take a disciplinarian stand, or they might hold onto him rest of the season and try to trade him in the off-season. As I've said too much tonight....McClain will attract waiver claims or even a trade partner, as he's a former first rounder, obviously has latent ability/talent that coaches will feel they can get out of him. I think he could succeed at another team, one running a 3-4, as he's not so good being an island in a 4-3.

He is welcome across the Bay...I could think of a lot worse places for him to restart his career as part of that all-World linebacking group.

I remember all the tooing and froing between Raider and 49er fans over who was better out of McClain and Willis, guess the proof is in the eating.

Whats going on with ONE HD today! Playing the replay of Packers/Giants instead of Atlanta/NO?

I am at work and was looking forward to being able to watch it!!

I will be very surprised if the Skins don't make a run at McClain given that this is surely London Fletchers last season.

Whats going on with ONE HD today! Playing the replay of Packers/Giants instead of Atlanta/NO?

I am at work and was looking forward to being able to watch it!!
This really annoys me. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe since the start of the season ONE HD has shown every TNF game live and now it is arguably the best TNF game of the season and instead they show a replay. What the hell? :mad:

Somebody needs to tell Tony Gonzalez the end of this season is not the time to be retiring. He has a season or two left in him.
Depends, if they manage to win the Super Bowl he should retire and go out on a high still playing good football rather than hang around and bounce around a couple of teams before finally calling it quits, tarnishing his reputation a bit. At his age poor form can catch up with you very very quickly.

Also which GM is going to take a punt on Titus Young?

So far it would seem falcons have the saints covered this time. Going to need a change of heart for the saints to pull themselves back in it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back