NRL 2013 National Rugby League Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate Manly as much as any rational person, but they got completely screwed by the refs, penalty try notwithstanding. Well done by the Roosters on buying their premiership.

Williams should have got it if someone from the losing team got it. He helped the Roosters win it

Did you even watch the game? One good offload that led to a try, offset by half a dozen stuff ups in the first half.

I hate Manly as much as any rational person, but they got completely screwed by the refs, penalty try notwithstanding. Well done by the Roosters on buying their premiership.

Did you even watch the game? One good offload that led to a try, offset by half a dozen stuff ups in the first half.

Hahaha..yeah mate! Was talking about the Wolfman...he had a shocker!!!

WOW, just wow. What a ****ing season, Roosters and Hawks. I ****ing love footy!

Happens over here in Perth too. All so we can watch the bullshit news.
I asked a C7 guy about it and the news is one thing they must get to on time. If they don't, they 'get phone calls' and he gets in trouble.

I know a guy who goes for the Hawks and Roosters.

Great year for him.

I was luck enough to have that happen in 07 & 09, with the Cats and Storm even if the Storm ones don't count now.
In both those years Man Utd and Melbourne Victory (cared about the A-League back then) were also Champions and in 07 the Red Sox won the World Series

I doubt I'll ever see that again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blunders by the refs and not surprising to be honest. the kick off to start the game there was at least 3 manly players offside and hayne was watching it

the best player on the park tonight was jake friend (not nathan if anyone who was following my drunken tweets) but he was clearly best on ground for mine not sure what the australian selectors were watchiing

winners are grinners and the rest can please themselves as they say

So proud of this team. There were a few years there where you heard more about the off field Roosters than the on field stuff.

Great to see my boys get it done and in style. SBW will be a big loss.

I thought Cherry-Evans was best on, almost single handedly won the game for Manly in the second half. I don't like players in losing sides winning the medal but i can't think of which Rooster would be ahead of him, some individual brilliant moments (SBW, Jennings, Tupou) but no one was that good for the whole game, or even a full half really. Maybe Kenny-Dowell or SBW?

Great to see the ratings hold up in Melbourne last night for a all Sydney GF. Not too far behind Brisbane which is fantastic. Good result in Perth too. Couple that with 6% growth in viewing numbers outside of NSW and QLD for the year and it adds up to very good news for the game.

Something that spoilt the game for me was rabs constantly banging on about $BW "Could it be his last game of RL?" Stfu about that Rabs and call the call idiot!

To those that sympathise with Manly about the refs, I'm not sure I agree. At least, I don't think it cost manly the GF. Like with Freo last week, who had the grain go against them. If the Hawks hadn't been the best team for the whole year and deserved to definitely win it, then a huge fuss would've been made about it.

Even if it was bad, it had nothing on Paul Simpkins effort in the 06 GF. Bloody Hell! I'll never forget how shocking that was. Even with the salary cap cheating, Melbourne would've been more legitimate winner that the Broncos were!

I've seen replays of Lyons being tackled for the penalty try and when Jennings blocked him on the Tupou catch. He seemed to fall down pretty easily on both counts.

The first thing I looked out for when switching to the coverage was the crowd. All the doomsayers saying that there would be blocks of empty seats can get stuffed!

Haha, and did you see his anemic bogan GF in the Collingwood jumper? Probably Joffas daughter.
Nup.

I've seen replays of Lyons being tackled for the penalty try and when Jennings blocked him on the Tupou catch. He seemed to fall down pretty easily on both counts.

The penalty try, yes. The Jennings one, no f-ing way. Replay clearly showing Jennings wasnt watching the play at all and just took Lyon out.

Agreed on the crowd though, 80+ k for a much maligned sport is a great result.

He went over to the fence just after getting the medal and gave her a cudle. She looked like an ugly bogan version of Morticia Adams complete with the forearm tats.
Needs some tips from his captain then.

edit: Hang on a second! I was thinking about Minichiello! Not sure what Lyon's missus looks like :oops:

I know Channel 9 has always been on the forefront of terrible sports coverage, but that's just beyond disgraceful.

Not even Channel 7 would scoop that low with their AFL coverage up here.

They do it every year here in Melbourne, except when the Storm win (and even then they don't stick around too long). It's one of the reasons I travelled up north of the border to watch the game over the weekend. Pity about the result, but Easts deserved the win (except SBW, who can go **** himself).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back