NRL NRL 2023 - Finals Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 22nd September
Penrith v Melbourne (Accor Stadium- 19:50)

Saturday 23rd September
Brisbane v New Zealand (Suncorp Stadium- 19:50)

You never are, yet somehow so many seem to consistently disagree with you.

Been wrong plenty of times. The gap between Penrith/Brisbane and the rest has been huge all year. All other sides have severe issues and those top sides exploit them. Both Penrith and Brisbane showed the gap in the finals, it's hardly a shock. Warriors had a good year but they really lack something aside from SJ doing something, as those top sides just sit on him and basically say, "he's out of the game, now try and beat us". It's why the top 2 sides are ahead they have multiple facets to their attack whether it be Bris or Penrith.

It will be a fantastic grand final and it's the one everyone wanted lets be real.

Been wrong plenty of times. The gap between Penrith/Brisbane and the rest has been huge all year. All other sides have severe issues and those top sides exploit them. Both Penrith and Brisbane showed the gap in the finals, it's hardly a shock. Warriors had a good year but they really lack something aside from SJ doing something, as those top sides just sit on him and basically say, "he's out of the game, now try and beat us". It's why the top 2 sides are ahead they have multiple facets to their attack whether it be Bris or Penrith.

It will be a fantastic grand final and it's the one everyone wanted lets be real.
Ok, but you are badly confusing your ramblings with your thought I was addressing.

Add in all you want to hide how wrong your statement was.

Ok, but you are badly confusing your ramblings with your thought I was addressing.

Add in all you want to hide how wrong your statement was.

What's wrong with it, a decision here and there would have made zero difference, all year the top two were a 2-3 try better side than the rest. That's all year. They were 2 full games PLUS for and against ahead of every other team. That's huge considering both sides missed a stack of players via Origin. You can't really think the Warriors or Storm were a hope? Storm had a stack injured, and key players looked half fit, Warriors lack attacking options to trouble the top 2 this year (RTS helps). The ones below were even worse, that's just how the season played out. Could have announced the final 7-8 weeks ago.

What's wrong with it, a decision here and there would have made zero difference, all year the top two were a 2-3 try better side than the rest. That's all year. They were 2 full games PLUS for and against ahead of every other team. That's huge considering both sides missed a stack of players via Origin. You can't really think the Warriors or Storm were a hope? Storm had a stack injured, and key players looked half fit, Warriors lack attacking options to trouble the top 2 this year (RTS helps). The ones below were even worse, that's just how the season played out. Could have announced the final 7-8 weeks ago.
Holy s**t.

I'm talking about tonight. Shut the * up about the rest of the year.

I didnt mention storm, so don't harp on about them.

You have a narrative you are confusing with my initial statement.

I must've missed your posts decrying the lack of rules knowledge after the aforementioned no call on the forward pass.

Or did you only question the rules knowledge on the following call?

Calm down

I didn’t want the Broncos to win

Unfortunately, the current rules don’t allow forward passes to be ruled on by the bunker

Holy s**t.

I'm talking about tonight. Shut the * up about the rest of the year.

I didnt mention storm, so don't harp on about them.

You have a narrative you are confusing with my initial statement.

Brisbane were the better side by a fair bit tonight. Even when the forward pass wasn't called, Brisbane were up by 12, at no point did the Warriors show anything in attack, going 1 out, for 5 tackles, kick and hope on the last, and you wonder why the top sides shut it down. Sure that was a forward pass, but it wasn't the reason the Warriors lost. It's better for the game the top 2 sides made the Grand Final.

Brisbane were the better side by a fair bit tonight. Even when the forward pass wasn't called, Brisbane were up by 12, at no point did the Warriors show anything in attack, going 1 out, for 5 tackles, kick and hope on the last, and you wonder why the top sides shut it down. Sure that was a forward pass, but it wasn't the reason the Warriors lost. It's better for the game the top 2 sides made the Grand Final.

TWO forward passes 🤣

Again, the s**t you are banging on about doesn't change the original point.

Calm down

I didn’t want the Broncos to win

Unfortunately, the current rules don’t allow forward passes to be ruled on by the bunker

Yep. It will be interesting to see the feedback on the ball technology that was trailed in the last few rounds, who knows we may have that in soon. Watch everyone complain either way though, can see it a mile away.

TWO forward passes 🤣

Second one was PROBABLY line ball, felt it was out of the hands backwards at least, the Walsh one was forward no doubt, wasn't a great call. aLuckily made no difference to the end result. not as if the game was even at the time, that's the positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. It will be interesting to see the feedback on the ball technology that was trailed in the last few rounds, who knows we may have that in soon. Watch everyone complain either way though, can see it a mile away.

The technology that Soccer has in place for offside works pretty well

I don’t think the forward pass one will be definitive

The technology that Soccer has in place for offside works pretty well

I don’t think the forward pass one will be definitive

Problem is fans want it to not cause stoppages which is impossible. My personal view is give captains an extra challenge which can be used fora forward passes, but if it's not a howler you LOSE the challenge, it would stop Hail Mary's to a degree. We don't need to go the VAR type that works in soccer as the game stops heaps.

NRL needs to do what the NFL and USFL especially do...a sky judge who quickly decides and communicates with the ref so there is no great stoppage in play WHEN something is clear and obvious....the NRL already does this when theres been a hip drop or other kind of foul play or when a Try is confirmed after originally being awarded....but need to do it for other things like forward passes. No need to have the whole Bunker thing play out for 5 minutes thing

The pass, which really was so far forward Ash Klein will get the GF, should've been picked up. A shocking call. At 24-12 I still thought we were a chance, granted a slim one, but that took the wind right out of the sails.

Penrith v Brisbane will be interesting. The Broncos have the attacking class to break the Panthers defensive structure. Will be close, maybe even extra time.

The NRL at least gets a game that will get decent ratings.

Panthers will beat the Broncos easily i reckon.
That defensive line of Penrith is probably the best i have ever seen in the NRL, and even with how good the Broncos attack is, i can't see them scoring the four or more tries they will need to win.

Pathers win 28-14

I don't see how technology with sensors in the ball is going to help. The question is whether the ball goes backwards out of the hands, not where it ends up relative to where it leaves the hands. But yeah, that must be the worst forward pass I've seen in a long time. Can't see past Penrith, but it should be a cracking contest.

I don't see how technology with sensors in the ball is going to help. The question is whether the ball goes backwards out of the hands, not where it ends up relative to where it leaves the hands. But yeah, that must be the worst forward pass I've seen in a long time. Can't see past Penrith, but it should be a cracking contest.

I just don't know how they missed it. It's going to cost Sutton the GF I reckon.

Absolutely. He was in a poor position, but Sutton had a pretty decent view of it.

What on earth do touchies do? They Miss forward passes every game. Are they there to just look good or something they are useless

Just has to be made reviewable to cover any ref/touch miss. So simple.

Within reason I’d keep it to a try scoring play otherwise you are reviewing everything and we don’t want the game getting slower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back