NRL NRL 2023 - Finals Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 22nd September
Penrith v Melbourne (Accor Stadium- 19:50)

Saturday 23rd September
Brisbane v New Zealand (Suncorp Stadium- 19:50)

Jesus Christ.

We introduce video referees in different sports to, and I quote, "omit the howler."

And yet we have this stupid situation in rugby league where the video ref isn't allowed to rule on it.

That's a joke.

Now a try overruled for the Warriors.

They may as well pack up now and go back home to NZ.

They are no show here with this one way pro Brisbane reffing.

Do you know the rules?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know them that well, I don't think the NRL refs do either though so maybe I could get a gig as an NRL ref or in the bunker.

The call for the no try was right. The forward pass miss has ended the game.

Forward pass rules?

I was responding to someone saying that there was a “try overruled for the Warriors”

Nothing to do with the embarrassing no-call on the forward passes

I'm more of a rugby union man, I understand the rules in that game more than rugby league and even they can be hard to understand too.

I don't think the video replay referee decisions have done either game any favours with tries being cancelled out due to minor technicalities.

Just let the game flow, the bad decisions usually get evened out in the end.

I was responding to someone saying that there was a “try overruled for the Warriors”

Nothing to do with the embarrassing no-call on the forward passes
I must've missed your posts decrying the lack of rules knowledge after the aforementioned no call on the forward pass.

Or did you only question the rules knowledge on the following call?

Two pretty poor one sided prelims, hopefully the GF is a better closer contest.

Not sure who I will barrack for in that one, I don't like either Penrith or Brisbane that much.

A draw where neither team wins would be the ideal result but that can't happen unfortunately.

The call for the no try was right. The forward pass miss has ended the game.

Game was over way before that, lets be real the Warriors had zilch in attack when all you have is a kick and hope in the air, it doesn't work against the top sides. Warriors have had a good year, and RTS adds something to their attack next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back