NRL NRL 2023 - Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 15th September
Melbourne vs Sydney Roosters (AAMI Park - 19:50)

Saturday 16th September
New Zealand vs Newcastle (Go Media Stadium - 16:05)

NRL 2023 - Finals Week 3
Friday 22nd September

Penrith v Winner of Melbourne/Sydney Roosters (TBC - 19:50)

Saturday 23rd September
Brisbane v Winner of New Zealand/Newcastle (Suncorp Stadium- 19:50)

There was a bite mark AND pretty clear vision of the arm being chomped on.

I’m with Jatz Klein completely cooked it. Minimum needed to be a penalty and 10 in the bin, should have been a full send off but doing nothing for it.

Absolutely ****ed

Almost certain you can’t use a sin bin in this case it’s either a report or a send off. Personally they got it right.

Almost certain you can’t use a sin bin in this case it’s either a report or a send off. Personally they got it right.
Yeh I’m not advocating for a sin bin LP. I’m saying that he needed to do something, anything would have been better than what he did.

You think biting is just play on then. Bold take.

Yeh I’m not advocating for a sin bin LP. I’m saying that he needed to do something, anything would have been better than what he did.

You think biting is just play on then. Bold take.

I’d prefer to not take guesses and wreck games. Don’t feel either the one in the NRLW or Jack deserved a send off. Personally send offs should be where it’s a spear tackle or a really bad high tackle with no mitigation. Almost feel the game has tried to correct itself too much from no one getting sent to sending every bloke this year. You’ll see next year it will get back to a medium. On Sunday I was fine with it being on report and I utterly hate Canberra

I’d prefer to not take guesses and wreck games. Don’t feel either the one in the NRLW or Jack deserved a send off. Personally send offs should be where it’s a spear tackle or a really bad high tackle with no mitigation. Almost feel the game has tried to correct itself too much from no one getting sent to sending every bloke this year. You’ll see next year it will get back to a medium. On Sunday I was fine with it being on report and I utterly hate Canberra
So biting, eye gouging, squirrel grips, hopoate stuff all fine? Just bad tackles and shoulder charges.

There was no guess, the same evidence available at the judiciary was what Klein had so no one needed to guess. Teeth marks are pretty unique.

So biting, eye gouging, squirrel grips, hopoate stuff all fine? Just bad tackles and shoulder charges.

There was no guess, the same evidence available at the judiciary was what Klein had so no one needed to guess. Teeth marks are pretty unique.

There was 4 respected people plus two touch judges that couldn’t be certain they reported it. Annesly said this on Monday, from what they thought the correct call was made. The action has to be blatant and agreed by all parties to be a send off. The report system does its job

There was 4 respected people plus two touch judges that couldn’t be certain they reported it. Annesly said this on Monday, from what they thought the correct call was made. The action has to be blatant and agreed by all parties to be a send off. The report system does its job
Not sure how much more blatant it could possibly be but carry on.

I’m asking you. The bite marks and the vision not enough for you? Still not sure Wighton bit him?

Personally no I’m not convinced he did there’s no chomping action I was surprised he isn’t challenging the ruling but I guess he only has to count 1-2 games. He might have done it but he might not, can I be certain personally no I can’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be absolutely amazed if Wighton challenges the suspension.

He's got 3 weeks and that's without Gamble providing anymore evidence. The tribunal are clearly convinced it was a bite.

It's basically 2 weeks, he's allowed to count the Indigenous game as one of them, he's applied for rep games but that won't be allowed. Basically 2 games, that sits better all things considered.

It's basically 2 weeks, he's allowed to count the Indigenous game as one of them, he's applied for rep games but that won't be allowed. Basically 2 games, that sits better all things considered.
It's not basically 2 weeks, it's 3 weeks. Where he serves them is largely irrelevant. You keep trying to move the goalposts.

The facts are he was found guilty of biting and was given a 3 week suspension. Simple as that.

It's not basically 2 weeks, it's 3 weeks. Where he serves them is largely irrelevant. You keep trying to move the goalposts.

The facts are he was found guilty of biting and was given a 3 week suspension. Simple as that.

It's only 2 games that mean anything honestly didn't even know that All stars thing was still going. They probably won't appeal as it's only 2 club games, in my view they should but it is what it is. The processes were done correct and I'm fine with how it went down, you aren't we won't ever agree on the on field action by the ref so lets just agree to disagree on that.

LP you’re a good dude but you are truly ******* exhausting to engage with.

We just won’t agree on this let’s just agree to disagree happy to leave it at that.

Let’s look forward to the games this week which better involve the Roosters getting trounced

We just won’t agree on this let’s just agree to disagree happy to leave it at that.

Let’s look forward to the games this week which better involve the Roosters getting trounced
It’s just watching your mental gymnastics that’s exhausting “he bit him so the suspension is okay but also the same evidence that proves he bit him wasn’t sufficient for a send off, also it’s a 3 game suspension but I only care about 2 club games so that’s okay too”.

He bit another player, it should have been a send off, he’s been suspended for 3 games. It’s actually okay to admit a ref got a decision wrong, it happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back