NRL NRL 2023 - Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 15th September
Melbourne vs Sydney Roosters (AAMI Park - 19:50)

Saturday 16th September
New Zealand vs Newcastle (Go Media Stadium - 16:05)

NRL 2023 - Finals Week 3
Friday 22nd September

Penrith v Winner of Melbourne/Sydney Roosters (TBC - 19:50)

Saturday 23rd September
Brisbane v Winner of New Zealand/Newcastle (Suncorp Stadium- 19:50)

I hope not. My son convinced me to go, so I hope it's a decent contest at least.
I think tonight will be a corker.

Whoever wins tonight against the Panthers next week is another story...

Jesus the Storm have been savagely hit this week, that's a massive blow in a single week before a knockout final

OUTS
  • Jahrome Hughes
  • Ryan Papenhuyzen
  • Xavier Coates
  • Young Tonumaipea
And it's arguable that the Roosters have been hit worse.

I only just realised that tomorrow is an arvo game, that’s a bummer.

Chooks are garbage tonight.

I still reckon many teams dont set up the kicker deep enough for the FG, they get rushed too quickly. Theyre already playing the ball say at the 10 meter line, so setting back an extra five meters than usual doesnt make it a much harder kick. The dummy half has to also learn to really torpedo the ball back flat and hard. Much like an NFL FG attempt. I think NRL teams all have room to reinvent their FG taking

5 teams left in the NRL finals and only 1 of them is based in Sydney. Pretty likely that becomes just 1 based in New South Wales tomorrow. Considering the Dolphins entered the league this year and another team not based in NSW should enter soon, this seems like a potential watershed moment for the NRL where it becomes less Sydney-centric and more national.

You see this regularly in the AFL with most states having at least one finals participant each season and it really helps them engage the whole country in their finals series. It would be in the NRL's best interests to push for this to continue as much as possible and expand their September footprint so to speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't surprised. As I said before, never write off the Storm... And the Roosters haven't exactly been piling up the tries, have they?

Is SJ playing tomorrow?

I still reckon many teams dont set up the kicker deep enough for the FG, they get rushed too quickly. Theyre already playing the ball say at the 10 meter line, so setting back an extra five meters than usual doesnt make it a much harder kick. The dummy half has to also learn to really torpedo the ball back flat and hard. Much like an NFL FG attempt. I think NRL teams all have room to reinvent their FG taking
Yeah I've often thought this. Call me crazy but is there a world in which the dummy half actually stab kicks the ball back to the kicker instead? Would it get there faster?

5 teams left in the NRL finals and only 1 of them is based in Sydney. Pretty likely that becomes just 1 based in New South Wales tomorrow. Considering the Dolphins entered the league this year and another team not based in NSW should enter soon, this seems like a potential watershed moment for the NRL where it becomes less Sydney-centric and more national.

You see this regularly in the AFL with most states having at least one finals participant each season and it really helps them engage the whole country in their finals series. It would be in the NRL's best interests to push for this to continue as much as possible and expand their September footprint so to speak.
A full non-NSW NRL Grand Final AND a full non-Vic AFL Grand Final in the same year? Sacrilege!

Bring it on! 😁

Is Penrith considered Sydney? Feels like it’s about as far from Sydney as Geelong is.
It is. Basically there's no let up in terms of metropolitan infrastructure all the way from the Sydney CBD out to Penrith. The urban sprawl in Sydney compared to Melbourne is quite spectacular, and not in a good way.

It is. Basically there's no let up in terms of metropolitan infrastructure all the way from the Sydney CBD out to Penrith. The urban sprawl in Sydney compared to Melbourne is quite spectacular, and not in a good way.

As someone originally from Geelong, I lived in Canberra in the late 90s early 00s.

The first time I drove from Canberra to Sydney, I couldn't believe how far out the western sprawl started, it seemed like it was 75km.

IMO the Knights have been rubbish most of the season. And now, they're not. I don't think the Warriors have much chance of beating them without a fit SJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back