2014 div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Andrew Bennet the little rat at Macleod today sporting his Macleod jacket. Obviously jumped ship. Or just a horrible bloke

Saw Andrew Bennet the little rat at Macleod today sporting his Macleod jacket. Obviously jumped ship. Or just a horrible bloke
Heard rumours of him reuniting with Jeremy at Watsonianext season. Been spotted several times at Watsonia games this year apparently

Is it true that Jake "The Push-Up" King will be returning to North Heidelberg next season if so they will definitely stay up in Divvie 1 next season

Round 17.
Watsonia vs Parkside Bit of a toss-up but think the Saints can quieten the happy Devils
Reservoir vs Heidelberg West The Mustangs should bounce back nicely with a solid win over the Hawks
St Marys vs Thomastown After last weeks shock loss can't see teh Saints troubling the premiership favourite Bears

Looking likely it will be an 8 team competition next season with Banyule voting to come across.

Any thoughts on this? will create a rivalry with Heidelberg west from the word go

still a long way to go Heidelberg west might have some say if they want more direct competion just a kilometer or two up the road i dont think it would worry Heidelberg too much at this stage also i keep hearing that parkside are on the move to the Ammos next season anyone for parkside care to comment either way yes or no or even looking at it from what i have been told the junior club would look at this a a positive and be more incline to reckomend its juniors to head to the senior club. which is something they dont do know as much as they are not impressed with the NFL so it seems

2 rounds to go.. anyone willing to predict league best and fairests and clubs best and fairests?
I dare say j mac(heid west) and j desmond(st marys) would be a big show.

Penultimate round and just the two matches.
Watsonia vs Reservoir. Not much to play for for both teams as finals spots are locked in. The Mustangs by plenty over the Saints
Parkside vs South Morang. Another game without any consequences. The Devils last game for the year, and maybe in the NFL? the Lions easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Park side to go back to the ammos they vote as a club on the 26th and banyule have voted yes to the move to come over to the NFL but this one is not across the line just yet. The NFL clubs have to vote yes to this move and i dont think this move will be 100% yes by the clubs. Even if parkside get knocked back for some reason and stay and banyule come in to remove the bye in div 3 or keep it a 7 team comp

I guess its a "given" that any new team coming over would start in Div 3? Jeez that would make it very tough for the existing NFL sides for one year - Banyule if they could keep their existing side, would be far too good for anyone in Div 3.

I guess its a "given" that any new team coming over would start in Div 3? Jeez that would make it very tough for the existing NFL sides for one year - Banyule if they could keep their existing side, would be far too good for anyone in Div 3.

I disagree. Seen Banyule and the top sides of div 3 would beat them convincingly.

Last round for this group and the games look pretty well straight forward.
Round 19.
Reservoir vs South Morang. Both teams will probably be fine-tuning for next weeks finals with the Mustangs a bit too polished for the Lions
Heidelberg West vs Thomastown. Certainly the Hawks best season for a while but still no match for the red hot premiership favourite Bears.
St Marys vs Watsonia. The clash of the heavenly bodies with the Burra Sainters disappointing this season and the Watsie Saints making it to years of finals.
Parkside vs Bye. Thanks for the memories Devils. Good luck in your (re)new competition.

Park side to go back to the ammos they vote as a club on the 26th and banyule have voted yes to the move to come over to the NFL but this one is not across the line just yet. The NFL clubs have to vote yes to this move and i dont think this move will be 100% yes by the clubs. Even if parkside get knocked back for some reason and stay and banyule come in to remove the bye in div 3 or keep it a 7 team comp

If Banyule were knocked back from joining the NFL for whatever reason and Parkside were to move to the VFA, would the NFL seriously consider keeping a 6 team competition? I know there are only 3 games a week in Div 3 anyway, but a competition where only 2 of 6 teams miss out on finals seems lacking to me. 1 team falling out of Div 3 doesn't change the dynamic of the division all that much, but I was always of the view that the league was going to fill an 8th spot somewhere down the line to make Div 3 more substantial, it will be a lot more difficult to fulfill that if we dropped back to 6.

If we went to only 24 teams across the NFL could we see 12 in Div 1 and 12 in Div 2? Instead of 10, 8, 6. Div 1 might be more competitive in the mid to bottom end if the comp was to expand.

Hopefully Parkside stay and we see the 8 team competition in Div 3.

If Banyule were knocked back from joining the NFL for whatever reason and Parkside were to move to the VFA, would the NFL seriously consider keeping a 6 team competition? I know there are only 3 games a week in Div 3 anyway, but a competition where only 2 of 6 teams miss out on finals seems lacking to me. 1 team falling out of Div 3 doesn't change the dynamic of the division all that much, but I was always of the view that the league was going to fill an 8th spot somewhere down the line to make Div 3 more substantial, it will be a lot more difficult to fulfill that if we dropped back to 6.

If we went to only 24 teams across the NFL could we see 12 in Div 1 and 12 in Div 2? Instead of 10, 8, 6. Div 1 might be more competitive in the mid to bottom end if the comp was to expand.

Hopefully Parkside stay and we see the 8 team competition in Div 3.

TA25 it will take a committee Coup d'état for Parkside to stay in the NFL, It’s ok for the past players to complain and whinge now but where have they been the last few years certainly not in the trenches trying to raise funds to be competitive. Also the NFL has been one the only leagues not to experience any real senior team growth over the last 5 years as the last new senior team to enter the comp was St Marys. This is not really good enough even a mediocre league like the WRFL have experience growth they have had at least 4 or 5 teams over the last 3-4 years. I would like to see what the NFL will do if it ends up with only 6 teams in div 3 next year .

TA25 it will take a committee Coup d'état for Parkside to stay in the NFL, It’s ok for the past players to complain and whinge now but where have they been the last few years certainly not in the trenches trying to raise funds to be competitive. Also the NFL has been one the only leagues not to experience any real senior team growth over the last 5 years as the last new senior team to enter the comp was St Marys. This is not really good enough even a mediocre league like the WRFL have experience growth they have had at least 4 or 5 teams over the last 3-4 years. I would like to see what the NFL will do if it ends up with only 6 teams in div 3 next year .
I think you'll find that past players have done their best to raise funds and support the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back