Resource 2015 NMFC Home Crowds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is competent to push for a game in Hobart against a big Vic club, be slightly disappointed with the result (16k crowd) but to still come out and say it was a great result for the club. And that's exactly what I think has happened.

I actually don't think tassie can afford to drop the north events because from what i saw the bulk of the towns activity came from north and tiger supporters. There economy must be in some kinda trouble so 3 weekends of cash injection into there tills definitely wont hurt. If anyone thinks they can get a better return for the councils money then they probably should be running the federal budget. As nice as tassie is its dam cold and if the footy wasn't there i guarantee my family would be asking to go to sunny gold coast instead. I expect that's why its a "great result" for tassie and north .

We didn't do the above because we want those in Hobart to feel all warm and fuzzy about the games we play there.
And, to reword that, in the language of corporate strategy, it's about treating this as an investment, not a cost, by displaying our commitment to give the football supporting public in Hobart a good game day experience, with the place buzzing (crowd-wise). And if it also means we get some Richmond-supporting Tasmanians sign up, that's good too.

Pity the football itself was so lacklustre.

Perhaps they should have played the game between two preliminary finalsts from last year, that mighta been a cracker:rolleyes:

I'm with you on this one Only Forwards we should be giving Hobart great games rather than rubbish ones like North vs St Kilda. It's an important thing that we treat Hobart well, grow our support there and endear ourselves to the people. Good games of footy like North vs Port will do this. We should keep our highest crowd drawing games like North vs Richmond at etihad to create a big game feel at our Melbourne games, improve perception of our crowds, grow our supporter base at home and lastly get the best $$ outcome we can.

I'm with you on this one Only Forwards we should be giving Hobart great games rather than rubbish ones like North vs St Kilda. It's an important thing that we treat Hobart well, grow our support there and endear ourselves to the people. Good games of footy like North vs Port will do this. We should keep our highest crowd drawing games like North vs Richmond at etihad to create a big game feel at our Melbourne games, improve perception of our crowds, grow our supporter base at home and lastly get the best $$ outcome we can.

Slightly off topic, but crowd at Blues-Lions match at Etihad was 20,000, even with the two tickets for one patron jaunt ...

Slightly off topic, but crowd at Blues-Lions match at Etihad was 20,000, even with the two tickets for one patron jaunt ...

Although it was Mother's day and they're on the bottom of the ladder playing the other bottom team. Still Our home game vs Brisbane got 22,225 coming off a pretty disappointing round 1 on the Sunday twilight timeslot. I wonder what Carlton will get this week vs GWS

Although it was Mother's day and they're on the bottom of the ladder playing the other bottom team. Still Our home game vs Brisbane got 22,225 coming off a pretty disappointing round 1 on the Sunday twilight timeslot. I wonder what Carlton will get this week vs GWS

Ill be interested to see how many we get at the eagles game in 4 weeks time. Its in tassie on a sunday avo so thats 4 for me that wont be there.

Ill be interested to see how many we get at the eagles game in 4 weeks time. Its in tassie on a sunday avo so thats 4 for me that wont be there.

Considering West Coast's surprising form then I'd guess about 14-15K, similar to the 2012 match up.

Sunday Arvo is better for a lot of people than Saturday (and worse for others), always swings and roundabouts on which timeslot is best whether nights to arvos, Friday to Sunday.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-05-20/roos-claim-record-crowd

Roos claim record crowd

North Melbourne has recorded the all-time highest attendance at Blundstone Arena with a revised crowd figure of 17,544 for its match against Richmond in Round 6.

The previous benchmark for the venue was set in 2003 when 16,719 people streamed through the gates to watch Australia play England in a One Day International cricket match.

The club initially announced a crowd of 16,131 after it defeated the Tigers but soon learned there were issues with ticket scanners at some entry points around the ground. That resulted in hundreds of footy fans accessing the ground without being registered.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-05-20/roos-claim-record-crowd

Roos claim record crowd

North Melbourne has recorded the all-time highest attendance at Blundstone Arena with a revised crowd figure of 17,544 for its match against Richmond in Round 6.

The previous benchmark for the venue was set in 2003 when 16,719 people streamed through the gates to watch Australia play England in a One Day International cricket match.

The club initially announced a crowd of 16,131 after it defeated the Tigers but soon learned there were issues with ticket scanners at some entry points around the ground. That resulted in hundreds of footy fans accessing the ground without being registered.

anchorman-jump-in-air.gif

I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll stand corrected but i reckon 32127 would be our biggest home crowd against Sydney since 1998 (first game after the Schwass/Grant trade)

No correction needed! Although amazingly, last night was only the 5th game in Melbourne since 1998 between North and Sydney.

2015 - 32,127
2008 - 28,392
2007 - 27,045
2011 - 24,267
2010 - 23,646

Remove this Banner Ad

Back