Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Having these players above Rioli is a sick joke.He kicked 4 goals in a preliminary final and is the quickest forward in the Afl.He is the modern prototype tackling forward .
5.Menagola
6. Gresham
7. Himmelberg
8. Phillips
9. Greenwood
10. Tipungwuti
11. Milera

So because he kicked 4 goals once and is fast that makes him better than those players above?

You’re really selling it to me:thumbsu:

Having these players above Rioli is a sick joke.He kicked 4 goals in a preliminary final and is the quickest forward in the Afl.He is the modern prototype tackling forward .
5.Menagola
6. Gresham
7. Himmelberg
8. Phillips
9. Greenwood
10. Tipungwuti
11. Milera

1 hot days doesn't make a summer.

Glen Freeborn kicked 3 goals in a quarter in a Grand Final - doesn't chance the fact that he was a good ordinary player.

Glen Freeborn kicked 3 goals in a quarter in a Grand Final - doesn't chance the fact that he was a good ordinary player.
You got no idea,no club would draft those players b4 Rioli
5/Menagola -average
6. Gresham- very average
7. Himmelberg- average with potential
8. Phillips- average accumulator
9. Greenwood- wont get much better
10. Tipungwuti- good mature aged player
11. Milera- done nothing
Daniel Rioli- big game player, integral part of premiership team about to move into the midfield. More skill than these others, faster and better player.

Nick Duigan kicked 4 goals straight in a final once

But is he about to move into the midfield?

Rioli is very good but being a premiership player or “the quickest forward in the AFL” aren’t the selling points.

You’d be very happy with him on your side, but he’s not ahead of Gresham right now, and he may never be.

But is he about to move into the midfield?

Rioli is very good but being a premiership player or “the quickest forward in the AFL” aren’t the selling points.

You’d be very happy with him on your side, but he’s not ahead of Gresham right now, and he may never be.

I do like him and had him as a smokey for the NS - Riolis generally poll well. But he has to be a lot more consistent to taken seriously as a game breaker.

being a premiership player or “the quickest forward in the AFL” aren’t the selling points.

yet Daniel was a key reason Richmond made the GF and won a premiership ...

Do you think the RFC hierarchy would accept a Gresham - Rioli trade? if offered

Yeah but its not like Rioli just rocked up vs GWS and Adelaide in the preliminary and grand finals. He was very handy in the lead up. The leader of the Rioli/Butler/George small pressure forward line everyone was hysterical about. When he came back from the inspirational grand final, game winning goal, in which he broke his foot. He helped Richmond come top of the home and away ladder, once again a pretty important part of the machine.

I look forward to seeing him in a more traditional forward line structure for more size; Jack, Lynch, Caddy, Nankervis, Balta. He will thrive like the WCE small forwards i reckon

Last edited:
yet Daniel was a key reason Richmond made the GF and won a premiership ...

Not disputing that.

The fact he has tasted the ultimate team success doesn't necessarily mean he's the better footballer.

Gresham to date has been better in a significantly worse side, and I see no reason why that's guaranteed to swing the other way any time soon.

Do you think the RFC hierarchy would accept a Gresham - Rioli trade? if offered

No, but that doesn't mean Rioli is the better footballer. I'm not sure St Kilda would take that deal either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5/Menagola -average
6. Gresham- very average
11. Milera- done nothing
Daniel Rioli- big game player, integral part of premiership team about to move into the midfield. More skill than these others, faster and better player.

5/Menagola -average
6. Gresham- very average
11. Milera- done nothing

As far as nuffie posts this might be the best I’ve seen. Congrats man. I would critique it but I wouldn’t even know where to start.

5/Menagola -average
6. Gresham- very average
11. Milera- done nothing
probably best to lay off the petrol

probably best to lay off the petrol

As far as nuffie posts this might be the best I’ve seen. Congrats man. I would critique it but I wouldn’t even know where to start.

I appreciate I am bias but I dont think saying Rioli is well ahead of your Tipunwetc, Menagola, Greenwoods is not an outlandish call at all

Last edited:
I appreciate I am bias but I dont think saying Rioli is well ahead of your Tipunwetc, Menagola, Greenwoods is not an outlandish call at all

He’s on par with Tipungwuti. He is a role player, any number of AFL players could play that role in a good team. Tipungwuti plays a similar role for us, they do the flashy things well but I wouldn’t put him in the top 20 of this draft. Menegola and Greenwood are head and shoulders above Rioli. Your call about Gresham being average will be made to look very silly by the end of next year

He’s on par with Tipungwuti. He is a role player, any number of AFL players could play that role in a good team. Tipungwuti plays a similar role for us, they do the flashy things well but I wouldn’t put him in the top 20 of this draft. Menegola and Greenwood are head and shoulders above Rioli. Your call about Gresham being average will be made to look very silly by the end of next year

I doubt the Tigers would have won the flag with Tipungwuti mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back