Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Well looking at it objectively, it's not a good thing to let your direct opponent get two hands on the ball so many times. He'd want to clean that up soon.

Sure he's not the first or last player to allow it.

His first 3 years of output were outstanding, first game of the senior against 2 of the better KPF's in a contending side, with 59 forward entries as way above average

Will only continue to get better

His first 3 years of output were outstanding, first game of the senior against 2 of the better KPF's in a contending side, with 59 forward entries as way above average

His first 3 years were outstanding? Give it a break, outstanding is not getting dropped to the vfl for multiple weeks at a club that could only muster 2 wins.

He has been serviceable in his first 3 years and shows potential no doubt. ******* far from outstanding though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

His first 3 years were outstanding? Give it a break, outstanding is not getting dropped to the vfl for multiple weeks at a club that could only muster 2 wins.

He has been serviceable in his first 3 years and shows potential no doubt. ******* far from outstanding though

His output for a KPD says otherwise, which we have already debated.

As for being dropped, he was injured, was given a couple of weeks off, then played through the VFL to regain some touch

Finished the season well

But keep focusing on that patch, rather than the whole of his first 3 years

As for being dropped, he was injured, was given a couple of weeks off, then played through the VFL to regain some touch

Finished the season well

Debated and proven WRONG!

Spin it how you like,fact is he has not been outstanding

Weiterings second half last year was better than anything he produced in his first year. Do people even watch football?
most of us dont watch VFL football

McGrath is still the best from his draft, though its only 2 years on
Taranto is right at his heels though.

its the hardest pick to get right.
Do you take the stand out kid, do you take a punt, do you go with your most pressing need.

Nope!

Taranto is significantly better, as is McLuggage

SPS and Setterfield will go past this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Darcy Tucker continues his form from the JLT and round 1 and finds his way into revised top 20's once all is said and done.

Dude has always had terrific disposal and decision making but just never got enough of it.

Tagged Higgins into oblivion in the first half and is thriving being made to run to the ball

peoples opinion based on output?

Lever was in the AA squad in his third year. Weitering was dropped from a putrid 2 win football team to the VFL.

If that is not output than I don't know what is!

In fact, lets compare them in their 3rd season of football

View attachment 630798
Free kicks against and clangers are the only 2 stats that Weitering tops Lever lol...no make that ******* triple lol!
Weitering doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence of Lever, or Doedee for that matter :thumbsu:

Weitering doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence of Lever, or Doedee for that matter :thumbsu:

Oh yes he does, or at least will be.

Have been a critic of Weitering in recent years, but he's fronted up this year (pre-season included) the player he was always likely to be.
Forget about what showed itself up in the past two years and watch what he produces this year.

Oh yes he does, or at least will be.

Have been a critic of Weitering in recent years, but he's fronted up this year (pre-season included) the player he was always likely to be.
Forget about what showed itself up in the past two years and watch what he produces this year.
I understand the passion, but it's his job to show up at pre-season in the best shape he can, and the fact that he's been as underwhelming as he has (to the point he's actually regressed from what he was as a 18 year old) is an indictment.

I hope he can get back to the player he promised to be, but respectfully, his last two seasons have been putrid considering the potential he had.

I understand the passion, but it's his job to show up at pre-season in the best shape he can, and the fact that he's been as underwhelming as he has (to the point he's actually regressed from what he was as a 18 year old) is an indictment.

I hope he can get back to the player he promised to be, but respectfully, his last two seasons have been putrid considering the potential he had.

What passion? Posting observation here and not passion.

This pre-season had him doing things he wasn't doing/couldn't do, in previous pre-seasons.
That's the measure and not one of 'my bloke has to be good'

He was one of three players I thought had not left his best out on the park in recent years.
The other two were Petrevski-Seton and Cuningham.

I didn't have the confidence in any of the three in December, but now have because of observation and not 'hope'
We'll see how that plays out over the next 22 weeks.

Outstanding???? That’s ridiculous. He got dropped from a side more than once that finished bottom. He’s been ok at best.

Outstanding???? That’s ridiculous. He got dropped from a side more than once that finished bottom. He’s been ok at best.

Like many others I guess you just didn't realise he was injured and had 3 week off, then returned via the VFL. He was not dropped, nor was he missing on multiple occasions

Again, as far as output, in his first 3 years after being drafted, he rates top 3 over the last 10 years for KPD's

Yet the focus is on a couple of games in the VFL over the last 3 years

Weitering was garbage for all of last year. Played down back early and was baad. Was moved forward and was baaad. Was dropped when NOT injured.

Finished the season well

Yes, and the consensus from ALL no Carlton supporters was that Weitering's performances were very baaaaad last year.

“Outstanding” is a subjective term that hasn’t been quantified. Not sure how a subjective term can be used in combination with the word “fact”?
Well it does have a definition. Outstanding; exceptionally good. There's nothing subjective about being exceptionally good. Peoples eyesight and thought processes might be a different matter. I'll concede Carlton supporters eyesight and mental synthesis might very well be subjective, not coherent and or logical.

Like many others I guess you just didn't realise he was injured and had 3 week off, then returned via the VFL. He was not dropped, nor was he missing on multiple occasions

Again, as far as output, in his first 3 years after being drafted, he rates top 3 over the last 10 years for KPD's

Yet the focus is on a couple of games in the VFL over the last 3 years
Again, we've had this discussion, and he's not top 3 rated KPD from the last 10 years.
Jeremy McGovern
Harris Andrews
Marc Blicavs

Darcy Moore is a better KPD.

And that's off the top of my head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back