Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you rate Weitering in the 2015 draft Bristoon and how do you think he has performed vs Schache?

Weitering was garbage for all of last year. Played down back early and was baad. Was moved forward and was baaad. Was dropped when NOT injured.

Weitering had a poor start to the year but finished strongly.

I don't recall him spending any time forward in 2018.

Where do you rate Weitering in the 2015 draft Bristoon and how do you think he has performed vs Schache?
Purely going off of current performances to date, there's probably about 12 to 15 players I'd re-draft ahead of both Weitering and Schache. I haven't followed Schache too closely since he moved to the Bulldogs, but from a general gut feel, I'd say they're possibly at the same level, or Weitering is slightly ahead at the moment. I didn't watch the Bulldogs game on the weekend, so I didn't see Schache play his first game of the season.

Again, we've had this discussion, and he's not top 3 rated KPD from the last 10 years.
Jeremy McGovern
Harris Andrews
Marc Blicavs

Darcy Moore is a better KPD.

And that's off the top of my head.

Try again, first 3 years after being drafted as an 18 year old

McGovern didn't debut until he was 21

Blicavs debuted at 22

Andrew's was close, but averaged less disposals per game in the first 3 years

Moore no where near Andrews or Weitering

Ok. I must be thinking of 2017 then, and if that's the case, then both Weitering's second and third seasons were pants.

Yes you are thinking of 2017, but wrong to classify his third season as "pants" which I can only assume is the in lingo for 'poor'.

Weitering was excellent in year one, poor in year two, poor for the first half of year three, and finished year 3 very well.

Started season four well on Thursday night, was certainly in our best few players on the ground.

Think you (and many others) are being very harsh on a 21 year old key position player, playing in a very poor side.

He's tracking along just fine.

Blicavs debuted at 22

Darcy Moore is so much better than Weitering, it isn't funny.

Let's see how he goes this year, yet he is a year older than Weitering and his output in the first 3 years is no where near Weitering

Fact

That's an opinion, not a fact. Take your navy coloured glasses off.

I'd take Moore's first three seasons every day of the week over what Weitering served up.

That's an opinion, not a fact. Take your navy coloured glasses off.

I'd take Moore's first three seasons every day of the week over what Weitering served up.

Mine are based on stats not opinion, yours are based on a hatred of all things Carlton

Moore is more mobile athletic, yet I believe he is a better forward than a KPD

Blicavs debuted at 22

Andrews is a year older and last year many argue should have been AA fullback. If you think Weitering is getting anywhere near the AA squad this year you’re delirious.

Andrews is a year older and last year many argue should have been AA fullback. If you think Weitering is getting anywhere near the AA squad this year you’re delirious.

So Andrews did make it, nor will Weitering you say, so how is that any different to a player that is a year younger?

I am talking about statistical facts, not opinion regarding Weitering's first 3 years, let's stick to that

The future is just like always is just opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Andrews did make it, nor will Weitering you say, so how is that any different to a player that is a year younger?

I am talking about statistical facts, not opinion regarding Weitering's first 3 years, let's stick to that

The future is just like always is just opinion

Comparison for both at age 21... want to find another straw to clutch at?
94CD1443-5874-4130-B056-F153E15A18C2.jpeg 83F52728-5BC7-4CA2-9A01-A37BACB8B162.jpeg 5DD7B5AA-6E80-44F4-9ED3-6326418D6508.jpeg

Attachments

• 91322E39-6D2F-43AD-9E4A-ECC01F9E1BF0.png
    91322E39-6D2F-43AD-9E4A-ECC01F9E1BF0.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 83
So you are only using last year as a comparison rather than the first 3 years? That is clutching at straws

But if you want to go down that road, have a look at the TOG for both players, then extrapolate the results

No this is based on their stats both at age 21 so Weitering as at 2018, Andrews as at 2017..... Ahh the TOG of course that’s a great straw to clutch at...

Again you are using ONE year, do it over their first 3 years strawman

What point would that achieve though?? Weiterings numbers might be better over the first 2. That just shows that Weitering didn’t improve his numbers from year 1 to year 3 whereas Andrews developed his game from a pick 61 in the draft to an elite KPD.

What point would that achieve though?? Weiterings numbers might be better over the first 2. That just shows that Weitering didn’t improve his numbers from year 1 to year 3 whereas Andrews developed his game from a pick 61 in the draft to an elite KPD.

I guess you also subscribe to development being linear

Compare their first 3 years, not their last game(Weitering's stats and effectiveness were high by the way), or their last month or just one year.

I guess you also subscribe to development being linear

Compare their first 3 years, not their last game(Weitering's stats and effectiveness were high by the way), or their last month or just one year.

You’re so hung up on his first 3 years stats. Why? At the end of his career are we going to care what he achieved when he was 19 and 20. My point is he doesn’t seem to have developed his game at all from when he first came into the league which, given your track record of developing your high draft picks, you should be quite concerned.

You’re saying his first 3 years are better than Andrews, you may be correct in totals but Andrews has developed his game from being on nobody’s radar to being close to the benchmark for key defenders in the league. Whereas Weitering has not improved at all.

You’re so hung up on his first 3 years stats. Why? At the end of his career are we going to care what he achieved when he was 19 and 20. My point is he doesn’t seem to have developed his game at all from when he first came into the league which, given your track record of developing your high draft picks, you should be quite concerned.

You’re saying his first 3 years are better than Andrews, you may be correct in totals but Andrews has developed his game from being on nobody’s radar to being close to the benchmark for key defenders in the league. Whereas Weitering has not improved at all.

Would you redraft Parish in the top 30?

A while back, I made the statement regarding him being in the top 3 for output, as a KPD in his first 3 years, over the last 10 years, alongside Hurley and Carlisle, yet others are creating their one criteria to refute it, even offering up 3 talls such as Lever and the likes. Weitering was hampered by thigh injuries last year and should never of played until he was fully fit, along with 18 different players having stints in the backline alone, due to our massive injury list. As for development, recruiting and list management, prior to 2015, our record was pathetic, due to moronic, inept staff, that has now changed

Perhaps as an indicator of how hard it is for a young KPD player to find consistency, in a poor side, would be evident in your performance over the weekend, a side supposedly having more talent yet struggling to mix it with other predicted top 8 sides.

And, before you sprout development, perhaps have a look at how long it has been since your own team has played finals

Hahahah Harris Andrews first three years were as good as any key defender. You could tell he was a star even as a skinny 19 year old in a massively under attack Brisbane defence.

Weitering's first year he looked a star. Has looked nowhere near it since. I still think he'll make it as a decent 150+ game player for what it's worth but to compare his first three years to Andrews' is top tier navy-blue glasses nuffy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back