Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure he is under rated. Most are calling him a gun and to date the clear number 1.

What the debate is if he will be the number 1 at careers end.
I think it’s more a general underrating. Reality is stacking him up against the draft crop you just can’t say as it stands he isn’t number number one. But some seem to think he has maxed out and won’t improve much. Whereas he’s not that deep into his career and there’s no reason he can’t improve.

I think it’s more a general underrating. Reality is stacking him up against the draft crop you just can’t say as it stands he isn’t number number one. But some seem to think he has maxed out and won’t improve much. Whereas he’s not that deep into his career and there’s no reason he can’t improve.
True - he can improve but will the improvement be as much as the ones chasing? Inside mids generally get the early jump in these re-do threads.

I have not seen any improvement in Olivers game over the last 2 seasons. He doesn't impact the game enough for me and I don't think he will improve that much.

I have not seen any improvement in Olivers game over the last 2 seasons. He doesn't impact the game enough for me and I don't think he will improve that much.
Does his 2 years mean last year and this year. He has only played 2 games this year. 2 years ago he was AA that year. Although I wouldn’t say he improved on 2018 last year he was pretty bloody good. Equal winner of best and fairest and off a very limited pre season due to double shoulder reco.

1-Oliver
2-Papley
3-Dunkley

Clear top 3.

Weitering, McKay & Curnow good drafting by the Blues
Dons would have wanted more from Francis & Parish but Redman is building nicely.
Weitering holds number one for me. I said it two years ago, I'll say it again, he is the best player from this draft. Weitering rarely gets beaten one on one, excellent skills and decision making. Building to be a top three key defender in the league. Gun inside mids are dime a dozen. High quality defenders with his ability don't come around everyday.

Not a bad attempt 2 years ago, got a couple wrong like Dunkley should be higher and drop Mathieson, but i like my reads lol, I copped crap for even having Papley there, I guess that opinion has changed? and maybe I was a tad harsh on Weitering, I would swap in Weitering for Mathieson
Not a bad attempt? Blake Hardwick at pick 4 is terrible!

In fact this is one of the worst attempts at this draft I've seen. So short sighted and short term, prioritising ready made over longer term development. Imagine if you were a recruiter and took Hardwick over most of those below, some not even in the top 20....that's Franklin/Tambling bad.

Cuningham will rocket up this board if he can stay on the park, most Carlton supporters have been hyping this kid up for awhile now, has a pretty rare skill set, can win inside ball and burst out of a stoppage, he’s hands are so clean, one touch player, particularly when running at full speed, tackles well, hits the scoreboard and when up and going is really damaging, Essendon have some seriously quick players and he looked a level above everyone else on the ground.

Darcy Tucker putting together a really strong season for freo. Most people here probably have never seen him play given that we are never shown on free to air tv but he’s easily in the top 20 of this draft and has already played about 75 games. He’s also extremely durable and rarely misses a game through injury - an understated trait when reranking these drafts IMO

Darcy Tucker putting together a really strong season for freo. Most people here probably have never seen him play given that we are never shown on free to air tv but he’s easily in the top 20 of this draft and has already played about 75 games. He’s also extremely durable and rarely misses a game through injury - an understated trait when reranking these drafts IMO
Huge fan of him, really solid player and like you said durable as well. Will never be an out and out superstar but a very very solid player

Don't take offence to it, they are good footballers I just stated they were pretty obvious picks and it shouldn't be seen as a masterstroke to pick them??

Not sure how Essendons drafting got brought into the conversation? I certainly am not in the camp of Dodoro being a genius, I'm well aware he has made some questionable calls. But since you brought it up....

Francis is anything but a bust and certainly not "Languishing" he would be Carltons best defender, just behind a few in the pecking order at Essendon.

Parish not justifying his position but still time to turn it around, another one that walk straight into Carltons midfield however

Redman building nicely after some injury ravaged seasons

Yes Morgan was a dud.
BUMP.
Made a couple of big calls this time last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUMP.
Made a couple of big calls this time last year.
just on those players

Francis - Started the season reasonably well, started to have back spasms so missed a game and has found it hard to force his way back in as the Essendon backline has been too strong

Parish - Finally showing good signs again playing as a midfielder, coaching hasn’t helped his development

Redman - came into this year with some niggles and has dropped in confidence, hopefully he can rebound soon as he was doing a lot of stuff Ridley was doing last year

Last edited:
Odd bump, most of those calls still haven’t been disproven nor proven.

Francis is suffering from back spasms. Hopefully make his way back in soon, Parish always reliable when played in the correct position, one of our better players tonight (not that that’s anything to write home about) and Redman possibly stagnated a bit, still happy with his development.

EDIT: sorry eDPS didnt mean to quote your post

Pretty simple. I bumped your quote from this time last year. Which I queried at the time because they were such big statements.

Would Francis still be Carlton’s best defender?

Is Francis still on a par with Weitering?

Would parish still walk in to Carltons midfield?
No he wouldn’t be

Weitering has improved significantly

Yes Parish would start in your midfield

What did you hope to achieve here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back