NFL 2016 NFL - Week 16 (Merry Xmas)

Remove this Banner Ad

So if Washington lose next week do the Lions make the playoffs regardless of the result in their game V Packers?

So if Washington lose next week do the Lions make the playoffs regardless of the result in their game V Packers?

Yes. Lions have the tie breaker over Tampa.
If the Giants win the loser the the Lions/Packers gets the 6th seed

Lions at home are a different prospect, but will more likely be relying on the Giants getting up.

So how does Tampa get in? Giants win, Detroit win and Tampa win? (Green Bay out)
They cant
yes they can

BR0URkE.png

So how does Tampa get in? Giants win, Detroit win and Tampa win? (Green Bay out)

From the Week 17 thread (don't know if its true tho given its GG :p and there are 2 irrelevant games listed)

The way the Buccaneers can make the 6th seed is the most insane series of results needed....

Cowboys beats the Lions (week 16), and
Buccaneers beats the Panthers, and
Colts beats the Jaguars, and
Cowboys beats the Eagles, and
Lions beats the Packers, and
Titans beats the Texans, and
Forty-Niners beats the Seahawks, and
Redskins ties the Giants

EDIT: The 2 AFC games are included because of the "Strength of Victory" tie-breaker as stated on the Bucs website

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of those things will happen but the Bucs will lose to the Panthers

Needing the 9ers to beat Seattle. when the Seachickens can get the 2seed if the Falcons lose to the Saints.

I wouldnt trust the 9ers to beat the browns.

What is going through someone's head when they choose to be a Lions fan
Wish I could revisit myself 27 years ago and save me that anguish.

Thank you Barry Sanders.

The Giants can't move from the 5th seed can they? So they literally have nothing to gain, win or lose...

Watch the Skins completely f*ck it up and lose.
Hoping that's the case,but Eli will find a way to * it up for me. Then again,Redskins were pretty gross last week too in an important game.

The Giants can't move from the 5th seed can they? So they literally have nothing to gain, win or lose...

Watch the Skins completely f*ck it up and lose.
Pre-Week 15 I would have said we're finally capable of winning the games we need to and should make it to the playoffs, following Week 15 I think we're the same old shoot ourselves in the foot team that struggles in the clutch games.
It doesn't help my confidence that we always seem to struggle against the Giants, hopefully that was only a Coughlin coached thing and that tendency is over.

Pre-Week 15 I would have said we're finally capable of winning the games we need to and should make it to the playoffs, following Week 15 I think we're the same old shoot ourselves in the foot team that struggles in the clutch games.
It doesn't help my confidence that we always seem to struggle against the Giants, hopefully that was only a Coughlin coached thing and that tendency is over.
The Redskins way would be for us to beat the Giants and then be eliminated anyway when the Packers and Lions tie

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back