Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play our cards right and without even trying we can end the season with pick 4. If that happens we better not be trading it for anyone other than an out and out game changing star.

6626528-3x2-940x627.jpg

I have been calling for the campaigner to be arseholed for 3 years. He doesnt play and we play good attacking footy and the kids look at home . He returns and we again turn to shit.

THe kids looked at home did they against Essendon .. the wooden spooner we led by 1 point at the 15 minute mark of the last quarter last week???

watched intently and thought he was very good considering our midfield is a absolute mess. He went or looked to go forward when he had the footy and was quite good defensively would think he laid most effective tackles and i dont care what stats say . He and dustin run very similar patterns whilst grigg is absoluteky destroying our midfield , every time he got it he handballed back inside the contest.
Have previously not advocated it but today gave a clear indication he is spending to much time coaching on field in regards of where players should and shouldnt be and he just needs to play. The clubs biggest recruit off season should be a decent midfield/ stoppages coach.

I thought Cotchins effort was well below were it normally is. Don't blame him he must be discouraged. We need a whole new coaching group I think, cause right now we're unwatchable. Even Brisbane and Essendon take the game on at least. We show no initiative. And great players like Jack are being coached into mediocrity. While we're at it, bring someone to the club who knows how to set up for kickouts. Cause we are putrid at it... We have some very very good players who are being very very badly coached right now. Their talents are being wasted away.

Been elite for 5 years and I suspect will finish top 3 in jd again this year.
IMO you severly overrate prestia he just isnt that good
He hasn't been elite since 2012. He's been very good and progressively gotten worse.
He is captain and hasn't had a kick in 3
Finals. I guess I just want more.

He hasn't been elite since 2012. He's been very good and progressively gotten worse.
He is captain and hasn't had a kick in 3
Finals. I guess I just want more.
By independent view he has been the most consistant player in the comp since 2012, aside from Dangerfield and everyone of those years have been above anything prestia has looked like producing.
I think everyone understands you get a chubby over prestia but I dont think any club would go close to taking him over cotchin including rfc.
It is highky unlikely any one of cotchin , martin, lids , rance or jack will be traded. They have either recently signed , are coming out of , or are trying to be tied to long term contracts .
There are 20 out of contract for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May not be a popular option, but if we could get him cheap, I'd look at Casboult. Provides a genuine marking target and would offer us more on a per game basis than either Vickery or McBean.

Griff and Casboult as our marking forwards, Jack as the roaming 3rd tall.

May not be a popular option, but if we could get him cheap, I'd look at Casboult. Provides a genuine marking target and would offer us more on a per game basis than either Vickery or McBean.
492.gif

Casboult is not what The Tigers need.

One, two or even three players aren't the answer.
A fresh start is and unfortunately that starts with the coach and if the board were honest, they may just ask questions of themselves.
That won't happen as it generally doesn't, but at least the RFC should put in place strategies that takes them in the right direction and that means looking outside the four walls. We'd all be better placed should we allow independent reviews of all of the clubs operations..........Easy to say, hard to do.

Casboult is not what The Tigers need.

One, two or even three players aren't the answer.
A fresh start is and unfortunately that starts with the coach and if the board were honest, they may just ask questions of themselves.
That won't happen as it generally doesn't, but at least the RFC should put in place strategies that takes them in the right direction and that means looking outside the four walls. We'd all be better placed should we allow independent reviews of all of the clubs operations..........Easy to say, hard to do.

The list is in nowhere near as bad a shape as many people think. We have won 15 games in 2 of the last 3 years coming into this year. You don't do that with a bog average list.

It is the game plan, injuries to our main position we launch our attacks from (half back) and stupid coaches that are the problem. The list has holes. Every club's list has holes. However, our holes aren't as big as the media would have you believe.

The reason I raised Casboult is that he'd be the perfect player to play in our forward line who'd come reasonably cheaply to allow Callum Moore, Mabior Chol etc. to develop in the VFL instead of throwing them to the wolves and would offer us more at AFL level than either McBean or Vickery would. He could also provide a chop out in the ruck meaning Griff becomes a more permanent forward.

I thought Cotchins effort was well below were it normally is. Don't blame him he must be discouraged. We need a whole new coaching group I think, cause right now we're unwatchable. Even Brisbane and Essendon take the game on at least. We show no initiative. And great players like Jack are being coached into mediocrity. While we're at it, bring someone to the club who knows how to set up for kickouts. Cause we are putrid at it... We have some very very good players who are being very very badly coached right now. Their talents are being wasted away.
As Peggy said .. Dimma is a "great teacher'!!!
What did he teach the group today besides his game plan being a mess?
We can cope with losing .. release the shackles. He's teaching them nothing!

The list is in nowhere near as bad a shape as many people think. We have won 15 games in 2 of the last 3 years coming into this year. You don't do that with a bog average list.

It is the game plan, injuries to our main position we launch our attacks from (half back) and stupid coaches that are the problem. The list has holes. Every club's list has holes. However, our holes aren't as big as the media would have you believe.

The reason I raised Casboult is that he'd be the perfect player to play in our forward line who'd come reasonably cheaply to allow Callum Moore, Mabior Chol etc. to develop in the VFL instead of throwing them to the wolves.

Agree. Someone like Beverage could have us back in finals next year I think. The place needs a massive shakeup

go to your room

The reason I raised Casboult is that he'd be the perfect player to play in our forward line who'd come reasonably cheaply to allow Callum Moore, Mabior Chol etc. to develop in the VFL instead of throwing them to the wolves.

If Carlton didn't do what they did and did independently last year, I wouldn't be posting today nor watching any more games.
Shits me to bits when egos take on board their own self interests at the expense of the football club.......Doesn't happen?.....Yes, it does.
Still don't trust my club because we have history and what may now be a deep-rooted cultural twist. Can Trigg & Bolton change that? Going to be tough.

Don't blame the players. It's not their fault and not even the coaches fault, as he didn't appoint himself. Other things have to change before there is change.

Agree. Someone like Beverage could have us back in finals next year I think. The place needs a massive shakeup

The players love Dimma. That right there is, to me, a sign that things need to change. The coach should not be loved. The coach should be respected and feared. Especially if he is in charge of a club who has been bundled out in the first week of finals three consecutive years.

Any other coach would have whipped the boys all preseason, but Dimma seems like he tries to appease everybody and be their friend. We don;t need a coach making friends. We need a coach who will make footballers.

If Carlton didn't do what they did and did independently last year, I wouldn't be posting today nor watching any more games.
Shits me to bits when egos take on board their own self interests at the expense of the football club.......Doesn't happen?.....Yes, it does.
Still don't trust my club because we have history and what may now be a deep-rooted cultural twist. Can Trigg & Bolton change that? Going to be tough.

Don't blame the players. It's not their fault and not even the coaches fault, as he didn't appoint himself. Other things have to change before there is change.

I will blame Dimma first and foremost especially post 2013, as it was himself that admitted that he had changed the gameplan for 2014 and beyond because of the 2013 elimination final. We played, fast, attacking, hard running football. Sure, we exposed ourselves defensively, but it was effective football. What coach seriously changes a whole gameplan to try and rectify 30 minutes of football that has already happened?

Had we stuck to our gameplan back then, we would have been all the better for it, particularly now we have some genuine pace in our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back