Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the end of the day when it comes to sourcing tried recruits, if we dont get someone with a bit of nouse in to replace Hartley then we are continuing on our current stagnant path.
Apart from Maric and along with ok gets in Bachar and Grigg and then we add Chaplin the rest of his "gets" have been mediocre at best compared to the dude at the Swans who boasts a cavalcade of successes like ->
Josh Kennedy, Heath Grundy, Ted Richards, Martin Mattner, Rhys Shaw and ruckman Shane Mumford ....you work out who has got it and who hasnt ;)

Hey richmond folk. Just a question regarding Mcintosh and astbury. Whats their contract status. Yes i have lookef but with 2 little kids dont have a great deal of time.
Astbury contracted until end of this year
McIntosh contracted until end of 2017

Don't like your chances of getting Astbury though, he's being given regular games instead of Chaplin and rejected a 3 year deal at Brisbane to stay at Richmond on the last year of his contract.

Same thought went through my mind.Glad you brought it up ST.:D
His work ethic both ways puts most of our players to shame actually.
watched him in the melbourne game since i went. the bloke is a machine he literally sprinted from inside his forward 50 to get back in defense to then be an option for his team mate before running it through the guts and inside 50. absolute gut runner the new rule helps people with his skill set

Don't like your chances of getting Astbury though, he's being given regular games instead of Chaplin and rejected a 3 year deal at Brisbane to stay at Richmond on the last year of his contract.
Didnt he fail his medical with us? Im not sure. He has looked ok in his first 2 games this year. As i said i was unsure why he didnt make it up here.

Edit. Thanks heaps for the reply. Not the normal GTFO reply that people normally give.

Didnt he fail his medical with us? Im not sure. He has looked ok in his first 2 games this year. As i said i was unsure why he didnt make it up here.

Edit. Thanks heaps for the reply. Not the normal GTFO reply that people normally give.
You are very lucky as I saw your avatar and just assumed you were a Collingwood supporter.

At the time the trade fell over there were some that said he failed a medical and others who reported he just wanted to stay at Richmond and back himself. His body has held up fairly well so not sure if he would have failed a medical and been able to have a full preseason. He's only missed a NAB game from a finger injury.

You are right, he failed the medical ( IMO it may have been failed in the sense that he fell into the likely not to get to his best category) as well as wanting over 400k a season to head on over. So the deal fell through.

You are right, he failed the medical ( IMO it may have been failed in the sense that he fell into the likely not to get to his best category) as well as wanting over 400k a season to head on over. So the deal fell through.
The position we are in at the moment i can see us paying a touch more then that.

The position we are in at the moment i can see us paying a touch more then that.
If he plays all 22 games this year we pay him what he deserves and Im guessing he would stay.
Chaplin is out of contract at the end of the year so next year there will be competition for his spot.
We have Elton in the 2's but he is worse than my number 2's TBH.

Lions prioritised the Bastinac trade over the Astbury one at the time.

Lions knocked Astbury back on a medical. Was all but gone.

Stoked he stayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched him in the melbourne game since i went. the bloke is a machine he literally sprinted from inside his forward 50 to get back in defense to then be an option for his team mate before running it through the guts and inside 50. absolute gut runner the new rule helps people with his skill set
Yeah,Saw bits and pieces of that game.He's a running machine.Reminds of this bloke in so many ways.Its uncanny.lol:
90zwyd.jpg

Yeah,Saw bits and pieces of that game.He's a running machine.Reminds of this bloke in so many ways.Its uncanny.lol:
90zwyd.jpg
similar face. would love a mid in our side to gut run like he does

Didnt end well for us in hindsight. I heard he has injury history. How bad has that been.
He had a shocking knee dislocation and then a repeat injury on the knee which pretty much ruined 2-3 years for him.
Then after a decent preseason he had the stingray which got him in the foot and its pretty much been getting him back on the park via the VFL from there.
May have been some others along the way too, but they were the main ones.

at the end of the day when it comes to sourcing tried recruits, if we dont get someone with a bit of nouse in to replace Hartley then we are continuing on our current stagnant path.
Apart from Maric and along with ok gets in Bachar and Grigg and then we add Chaplin the rest of his "gets" have been mediocre at best compared to the dude at the Swans who boasts a cavalcade of successes like ->
Josh Kennedy, Heath Grundy, Ted Richards, Martin Mattner, Rhys Shaw and ruckman Shane Mumford ....you work out who has got it and who hasnt ;)
Spot lon

He had a shocking knee dislocation and then a repeat injury on the knee which pretty much ruined 2-3 years for him.
Then after a decent preseason he had the stingray which got him in the foot and its pretty much been getting him back on the park via the VFL from there.
May have been some others along the way too, but they were the main ones.
Oh yeah forgot the stingray. How unluckys that.

He seems to have bulked up a fare bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back