2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Using the points system as a rough guide, Crows mate here is offering us pick 44 and a fringe mid who can't get a regular game in a side with clear midfield deficiencies.

Where do we sign!

Are you stupid?

Using the points system as a rough guide, Crows mate here is offering us pick 44 and a fringe mid who can't get a regular game in a side with clear midfield deficiencies.

Where do we sign!

OK - so you expect two first rounders for Rockliff. I guess he stays where he is then.

BTW, If you have a thread specifically for your own discussions (ie not for opposition supporters) maybe title the thread better so people know. Good luck with the off-season ... I'll step away slowly now - I can get cheap insults on my own board :rolleyes:

OK - so you expect two first rounders for Rockliff. I guess he stays where he is then.

Where did I say I wanted two first rounders? You're the one making ludicrously unrealistic trade offers, don't drag me into it with silly straw men. One first rounder might be getting somewhere close to non-insulting but you offered a mere 10 spot upgrade on a second rounder (equivalent of pick 44 on the points scale) and a SANFL player.

BTW, If you have a thread specifically for your own discussions (ie not for opposition supporters) maybe title the thread better so people know. Good luck with the off-season ... I'll step away slowly now - I can get cheap insults on my own board :rolleyes:
Dude - a little extra reading on your part would have identified the "Opposition supporters post here" naming convention, obligation is on you to read first!

As for cheap insults, you come onto an opposition board and propose a trade for an AA captain of the club that is clearly way unders and then wonder why you get a less than positive response.....

Here, I'll help:

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

It was in the top 10 threads on the front page of the board, for what it's worth.

Hey guys - quick question regarding Rocky. Of course it is all bullsh!t specualtion at the moment, but let's just assume for the sake of the discussion that he does want to come to the Crows ...

Would us upgrading your pick 24 that you traded in last year for our first round pick 14 + a player do the job? Someone like Cam Ellis-Yolmen who is definitely ready for the AFL - just can't consistently get into our midfield because he is competing with a few guys on the edge of best 22 in our squad.

If the lions accepted that deal, then the situation regarding Rocky & the club must be extremely bad.
Furthermore, if that deal was on the table, I would assume that other clubs like the Saints would be knocking on the door with a better deal. As he is under contract, the club has no obligation to trade him and I would expect that we would be after 'overs' not 'unders' for him.
If that's the best offer we get, then he won't be traded.

It is worth remembering that he will be a FA next year and if he signs a contract with another club anywhere near the vicinity his management is chasing then we can simply let him go and collect the compensation pick likely after our first rounder.

So I am not sure we are going to give him away for nothing this year when we could hold him for a year and be virtually assured of a top 4 pick next year. Trading him cheaply this year could well be cutting off our nose to spite our face and I hope our new management is smart enough to realise that.

It is worth remembering that he will be a FA next year and if he signs a contract with another club anywhere near the vicinity his management is chasing then we can simply let him go and collect the compensation pick likely after our first rounder.

So I am not sure we are going to give him away for nothing this year when we could hold him for a year and be virtually assured of a top 4 pick next year. Trading him cheaply this year could well be cutting off our nose to spite our face and I hope our new management is smart enough to realise that.

I agree that we should only be trading him if we are getting one hell of a deal out of it. However the issue with FA is they could scrap the compensation all together. They thought about it this year and might think about it again next year. I don't think they would but I would hate to see us keep Rocky expecting great compo if he leaves as a FA and get screwed over in the end

Spot on Quigs

It's either:-
- accepting overs this year OR
- playing next and either (i) extending his contract OR (ii) leaving as a FA and us getting adequate compensation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't a band 1 compo top 10% of AFL players paid? Would be ballsy to think Rocky will get that... he might if he stayed at the Lions as we tend to overpay but would be 50/50 if he left.
I thought it was based on percentile his contract fell in at his new club not the entire AFL. Not trying to be argumentative. Just wanting clarification.☺

Hey guys - quick question regarding Rocky. Of course it is all bullsh!t specualtion at the moment, but let's just assume for the sake of the discussion that he does want to come to the Crows ...

Would us upgrading your pick 24 that you traded in last year for our first round pick 14 + a player do the job? Someone like Cam Ellis-Yolmen who is definitely ready for the AFL - just can't consistently get into our midfield because he is competing with a few guys on the edge of best 22 in our squad.
I'm not convinced that CEY offers anything that Jarrad Jansen doesn't.

I thought it was based on percentile his contract fell in at his new club not the entire AFL. Not trying to be argumentative. Just wanting clarification.☺

Nah, it's the whole AFL. Though they do tend to make it up as they go along.

Do we even have pick 24? I thought we had picks 19 and 28??

2016 NAB AFL DRAFT INDICATIVE ORDER

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-05/indicative-draft-order-giants-suns-set-for-2016-draft-windfall

ROUND ONE
1 Essendon
2 Brisbane Lions
3 Fremantle
4 Gold Coast
5 Carlton
6 St Kilda
7 Richmond
8 Greater Western Sydney
9 Gold Coast (received Melbourne's first-round pick)
10 Port Adelaide
11 West Coast
12 North Melbourne
13 Western Bulldogs
14 Adelade
15 Sydney Swans
16 Greater Western Sydney
17 Greater Western Sydney (received Geelong's first-round pick, via Carlton)
18 Hawthorn

ROUND TWO
19 Essendon
20 Brisbane Lions
21 Gold Coast (received Fremantle's second-round pick)
22 Gold Coast
23 Carlton
24 Brisbane Lions (received St Kilda's second-round pick, via Collingwood)
25 Gold Coast (received Richmond's second-round pick)
26 Collingwood
27 Melbourne
28 Gold Coast (received Port Adelaide's second-round pick)
29 West Coast
30 North Melbourne
31 Western Bulldogs
32 Greater Western Sydney
33 Sydney Swans
34 Greater Western Sydney
35 Geelong
36 Hawthorn

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-05/indicative-draft-order-giants-suns-set-for-2016-draft-windfall

ROUND ONE
1 Essendon
2 Brisbane Lions
3 Fremantle
4 Gold Coast
5 Carlton
6 St Kilda
7 Richmond
8 Greater Western Sydney
9 Gold Coast
(received Melbourne's first-round pick)
10 Port Adelaide
11 West Coast
12 North Melbourne
13 Western Bulldogs
14 Adelade
15 Sydney Swans
17 Greater Western Sydney
(received Geelong's first-round pick, via Carlton)
18 Hawthorn

ROUND TWO
19 Essendon
20 Brisbane Lions
22 Gold Coast
23 Carlton
26 Collingwood
27 Melbourne
29 West Coast
30 North Melbourne
31 Western Bulldogs
33 Sydney Swans
35 Geelong
36 Hawthorn

You realise that's from July? It says so on the page and in the URL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-25/indicative-draft-order-giants-hold-three-picks-inside-top-16

ROUND ONE
1 Essendon
2 Brisbane Lions
3 Fremantle
4 Gold Coast
5 Carlton
6 St Kilda
7 Richmond
8 Greater Western Sydney
9 Gold Coast
(received Melbourne's first-round pick)
10 Port Adelaide
11 West Coast
12 North Melbourne
13 Western Bulldogs
14 Adelade
15 Sydney Swans
17 Greater Western Sydney
(received Geelong's first-round pick, via Carlton)
18 Hawthorn

ROUND TWO
19 Essendon
20 Brisbane Lions
22 Gold Coast
23 Carlton
26 Collingwood
27 Melbourne
29 West Coast
30 North Melbourne
31 Western Bulldogs
33 Sydney Swans
35 Geelong
36 Hawthorn

The date on that is the 5th of July, so while it was correct at the time, draft position has since changed.

Edit- beaten by dlanod and Big Sauce.

Back