2017/18 EFL Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

moomba what is the FA/EFL protocol on moving matches. With October's International Break taking up 2 midweek slots and the first 3 UCL matches we have only 3 midweek slots available for matches until the 4th round. Two pre-date Barnsley v Derby Round 2 and the 3rd is the week where they're playing that match (during 3rd Round).

Would we receive permission to postpone our 3rd Round match until we find a spot in the schedule or will we be forced to somehow squeeze it in prior to the 4th round.

moomba what is the FA/EFL protocol on moving matches. With October's International Break taking up 2 midweek slots and the first 3 UCL matches we have only 3 midweek slots available for matches until the 4th round. Two pre-date Barnsley v Derby Round 2 and the 3rd is the week where they're playing that match (during 3rd Round).

Would we receive permission to postpone our 3rd Round match until we find a spot in the schedule or will we be forced to somehow squeeze it in prior to the 4th round.
You'll probably be able to postpone it but I'd get ready for it to be squeezed in just before or just after a champions league fixture. The league likes doing stuff like that.

it was calculated last season that 9 successive away draws was 512/1.

Read something from last season where a bookies worked out that 9 away draws against tough opponents (all premier league plus Huddersfield - top 26 in the league pyramid) was the same odds as Donald Trump walking on the moon, or Usain Bolt scoring the winner in an FA Cup final. Ha ha.

Read something from last season where a bookies worked out that 9 away draws against tough opponents (all premier league plus Huddersfield - top 26 in the league pyramid) was the same odds as Donald Trump walking on the moon, or Usain Bolt scoring the winner in an FA Cup final. Ha ha.

If Burton sign Bolt, who knows..

Classic draw. We're away for PL opposition. Meanwhile United get Burton at home.
Calm down, it's only little old Leicester.

It's not like it helps either. In the last 10 years, you've been knocked out of the League or FA cup by the following teams:

Wolves
Aston Villa
Oldham Athletic
Swansea City
Northampton Town
Reading

You'll probably be able to postpone it but I'd get ready for it to be squeezed in just before or just after a champions league fixture. The league likes doing stuff like that.
Have just rescheduled Barnsley/Derby to a week earlier and are now playing our match on time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it like this last year as well?

Does seem weird that we don't have it.

Guess it shows how much people think of the League Cup...
Was on BEIN Sports last year.

ESPN I thought would've been the logical one, given they already telecast it in the USA, and it's re-broadcast through Foxtel already

I love what Optus have done with the Premier League (far superior to anything Foxtel used to offer), but there's significantly less money in the Championship

why? it's treated with disdain by a lot of clubs, on at a terrible time and a competition that is poorly regarded by many.
Either remove the league cup or get the rights. I don't like missing any LFC game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back