Preview 2017 2nd QF Geelong v Richmond @ Richmond's home ground, 7:50pm Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Well its a fortnight away. Assume it will be at the G, which is fine by me, we will have to play there if we go all the way.

Yesterday's team vs Giants should be quite strong enough to knock the Tigers over and if they play like they did last night it will be one way all the way. Hope Scott and the players don't take them lightly though, need to go in with exactly the same attitude as against the Giants. Scott will have to do some tinkering with the game plan to suit the larger oval.

If Joel and Cocky return we will have our first game all year with a full strength team (minus McCarthy who has not played a game all year anyway).

For some reason I am very confident they will continue on from yesterday, although history says we are not that good after a bye/rest.

Geez, at the start of the year if you were offered a Qualifying Final vs Richmond you'd be laughing pretty bloody hard. They've improved, sure, but if we're serious we will wallop this mob. We all know where it should be played, and it's ridiculously unfair that it won't be in Geelong, but we could play this team in outer space and come away with the win.

Cats by 30+, let's go.

I'm tempted to make a parody thread on Richmond Tears, but I figure we may as well save it for after our 60 point thumping, where we can direct quote and laugh at the peahearts who thought they were a chance. Richmond may as well be cones on Friday Night/Saturday Arvo, because we'll be running laps around them. Expect Selwood to be rested 2nd half, game will be over well before half time.

We'll win if we bring intensity that we have had for our best wins this season.
We have been average of late in finals, but I walked out of our game a fortnight thinking the tigers will fall apart in finals.

Finals are contested dog fights... when we brought the heat against their mids they completely crumbled.. and this was with our weakest side in a decade.

It will be a fight, we won't just win because 'they are our bitches' or anything stupid like that... but if we bring our A game they won't be able to go with us.

Let's not start getting arrogant, let 'that' mob lead the way there.

This will be no easy task, they're a much improved side, work hard for each other and have the pace to trouble us through the midfield and up forward.

We need Cockatoo and Selwood declared fit.

Was obligated to go the tigers v saints today. Richmond are better than in previous years and they are confident and excited but I just can't see them beating us. And KB disses Geelong for being a 2 man team. Richmond is a one man team- as ordinary as the saints were- Martin was the diff. Keep him to 25 and all good.

Let's not start getting arrogant, let 'that' mob lead the way there.

This will be no easy task, they're a much improved side, work hard for each other and have the pace to trouble us through the midfield and up forward.

We need Cockatoo and Selwood declared fit.

Don't need them as long as Menegola and Duncan play like they did last night, but it would be nice to have them out there.

Don't need them as long as Menegola and Duncan play like they did last night, but it would be nice to have them out there.
We need to hardness and toughness more than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed for Saturday arvo
We are already going to be outnumbered heavily in the crowd at our home game, don't want it any worse by being given Friday night

Win this and we are on the easier side of the draw (will avoid Sydney) lose and we play the swans in the semi......
If we win we get to play at interstate side at the G in a prelim which helps us big time IMO.

We need to hardness and toughness more than anything.

We won contested possession 148-124 last night without Selwood and Cocky, and won it 150-132 last time we played Richmond, also without those two. Hardness and toughness isn't a problem.

Win this and we are on the easier side of the draw (will avoid Sydney) lose and we play the swans in the semi......

not necessarily... essendon really should have beaten sydney, at the SCG, in round 14. swans were incredibly lucky to win that one.

sydney should win the EF, but they arent a guarantee. essendon are a decent, quick side.

Well its a fortnight away. Assume it will be at the G, which is fine by me, we will have to play there if we go all the way.

Yesterday's team vs Giants should be quite strong enough to knock the Tigers over and if they play like they did last night it will be one way all the way. Hope Scott and the players don't take them lightly though, need to go in with exactly the same attitude as against the Giants. Scott will have to do some tinkering with the game plan to suit the larger oval.

If Joel and Cocky return we will have our first game all year with a full strength team (minus McCarthy who has not played a game all year anyway).

For some reason I am very confident they will continue on from yesterday, although history says we are not that good after a bye/rest.

We might get Joel Selwood and Cockatoo back as well.

Time to draw a line in the sand from our finals performance of the last 6 years. If we win this our prelim matchup is Adelaide,GWS, Port or West Coast, on our day we would beat any of them.

If we lose it's Sydney in a semi. If we are serious then we can't be afraid of that. I mentioned earlier that I have a sneaking suspicion that mob is drinking their own bath water right now and it could be their downfall. If we lose to Richmond they will be coming off a light jog against Essendon, we could catch them with their pants down like they have been doing to us of late.

Anyone, anywhere, anytime.

You guys deserve a proper home final v Richmond.
At home I think you won't alow them the run.
On their home deck they will have the space.
Go to court to get it if that's what it takes imho.

The argument is that it can't be at Skilled, to maximise crowds.

Yet GWS get finals at Spotless Stadium, which seats even less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back